GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

U/d Pulley Install using Steeda Specs

Search this Thread

Old 7/13/05, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have looked through most of the Pulley install posts, but have yet to see if I can use the Steeda Install Specs that I got off of a post here, and apply them to another set of pulleys. Probably either Sean Hyland, or UPR pulleys. I would assume that it is the same steps, since it is the same engine.. and basically the same pulleys, give or take a little change. I am talking about the torque specs, and install steps. Anyone out there know for sure that these steps will work for otehr pulleys?
Old 7/13/05, 04:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hi Kyle,
I would use the Ford/Steeda specs. for any pulley maufacture. The bolt that retains the crank pulley has a specific torque spec. and that is what is important. I believe Steeda tells you to torque the bolt to a higher than final torque spec at first to seat the pulley than back it off and re-torque to the final torque requirement. Any pulley manufacture should be the same. Also remember to lighty oil the bolt and washer to prevent and galling and false torque readings.
Scott
Old 7/13/05, 04:35 PM

Originally posted by 70MACH1OWNER@July 13, 2005, 3:11 PM
Hi Kyle,
I would use the Ford/Steeda specs. for any pulley maufacture. The bolt that retains the crank pulley has a specific torque spec. and that is what is important. I believe Steeda tells you to torque the bolt to a higher than final torque spec at first to seat the pulley than back it off and re-torque to the final torque requirement. Any pulley manufacture should be the same. Also remember to lighty oil the bolt and washer to prevent and galling and false torque readings.
Scott

Sounds good, I am actually going to take them to an install shop, but I wanted to make sure that everything goes perfectly. I have heard some things about misfires and cylinders shutting down after u/d pulley installs, and I assume that this is to improper install/torque tightening. I will give the shop the install specs, and kind of watch over them. Hopefully all will go well. If it does go well, I know people have been very happy with them. It should compliment my car very well.
Old 7/13/05, 05:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sounds great Kyle,
Let me know how you like the pullies. I am real close to going with the Steeda UD pullies and the Miezere electric water pump on my vert. Looking to make it rev a little quicker. Where did you get your pullies from?
Scott
Old 7/13/05, 06:16 PM
Bullitt Member

I noticed a difference with my Steeda pullies. I would do it again. I also live in Yuma Az (read, dam hot, 115 lately) I have not noticed any cooling problems.
Old 7/13/05, 10:53 PM

Originally posted by Firedude@July 13, 2005, 5:19 PM
I noticed a difference with my Steeda pullies. I would do it again. I also live in Yuma Az (read, dam hot, 115 lately) I have not noticed any cooling problems.
Bret,

Glad to hear about no cooling problems. I know this has been a problem in the past, but nobody has had them in the new car. So you have no cooling problems as far as a/c goes? I am in Sedona, AZ, and it was like 106 today, but i go to phoenix regularly, and it hit around 114 today... Glad to hear it from an AZ person.
Old 7/14/05, 12:20 AM
Bullitt Member

I have the Motoblue UD set... sitting on my kitchen counter. Let me know what issues you run into. I was reasonably confident installing my CAI, SLPs, and Pred tune... but the pulleys... thats a horse of a different color...
Old 7/14/05, 07:39 AM
Cobra Member

I have the Steeda UDPs and live in Dallas. Now while it is not AZ hot, it is still pretty fuggin uncomfortable for about 6 months out of the year. So far, A/C doesn't seem any different than before installing the pulleys. Don't get me wrong, it is not like these cars have great A/C in the first place. Just saying it doesn't seem like it was affected by the pulley install.
Old 7/14/05, 10:13 AM

Originally posted by hawgman@July 14, 2005, 6:42 AM
I have the Steeda UDPs and live in Dallas. Now while it is not AZ hot, it is still pretty fuggin uncomfortable for about 6 months out of the year. So far, A/C doesn't seem any different than before installing the pulleys. Don't get me wrong, it is not like these cars have great A/C in the first place. Just saying it doesn't seem like it was affected by the pulley install.
Thats great to hear, I will probably be ordering mine within the next couple of days, then getting them installed next time I head down to phoenix on a weeked. I wish there was a shop around me...stinks sometimes.

Like You said, I did my xpipe, lca, cai and tune, but im worried about the pulleys for some reason
Old 7/14/05, 12:01 PM
Bullitt Member

I do drive with the A/C on and in the hottest part of the day. I did notice the A/C had alittle less output. Very little. I do not get heavy traffic where I live. Dallas is a good testimony.