GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

tuners and co ?

Search this Thread

Old 7/27/12, 07:27 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tuners and co ?

Hi guys,

I saw some tuners like diablosport etc and I might be interested. But first, I wanted to see with you all if it is worth it ?
Which one is the best to tune my 4.6 gt ? do you really feel the increase of power ?
thanks to all
Old 7/27/12, 07:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by sebvegas
Hi guys,

I saw some tuners like diablosport etc and I might be interested. But first, I wanted to see with you all if it is worth it ?
Which one is the best to tune my 4.6 gt ? do you really feel the increase of power ?
thanks to all
I love my Custom tune from brenspeed on my SCT programmer
Old 7/27/12, 09:06 PM

It's a must if you plan on doing mods. Yes it makes a difference. Most tuners use SCT.
Old 7/27/12, 11:31 PM
V6 Member

I'm not quite sure for the mods but on the car, there are already an H pipe, the JBA catback exhaust, an AEM intake, I think the car is still "catalized" though.
Do you think it is worth it to do this mod ?
Old 7/28/12, 12:31 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm not quite sure for the mods but on the car, there are already an H pipe, the JBA catback exhaust, an AEM intake, I think the car is still "catalized" though.
Do you think it is worth it to do this mod ?
Yes its worth it
Old 7/28/12, 06:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BradGT

Yes its worth it
X2 on that. Tuning is a great investment
Old 7/28/12, 10:24 AM
V6 Member

Which brand should I take ? bulldog, sct, predator, etc ? if you have a link as well, it could help
Old 7/29/12, 07:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
http://www.steeda.com/store/sct-xcal...d-mustang.html

We have been tuning for years and we have some great reviews on the forums. Please let me know if you need any questions answered or if I can help provide forum pricing.

Best Regards,
TJ
Old 7/29/12, 09:36 PM
V6 Member

Might be interested, how much would you sell it with the special forum price ?
thanks to let me know.
Old 7/30/12, 12:18 PM
Banned

I can help as well, as I'm very well know for my 2005-up tuning files.

On a 4.6 I focus in where the factory left off, the mid range torque curve. My 4.6 programs are aimed more at adding more torque in the 1500-3500 rpm range and with the performance program more top end power as well. On all of my products I can raise or remove the rev and speed limiters. On the automatics I improve the shift quality as well as totally remapping the torque converter which leads to greatly reduced times at the drag strip. Also with the 05 ups I have the ability to remap the Drive-By-Wire throttle system to further help the throttle response and get rid of that annoying lag time.

Here's a brief run down on the differences of my tune files. Please review this information and if you have any questions after this please feel free to ask.

The Torque and Performance programs differ in the range they are aimed at for making power. The Torque is more so a daily driver program that focuses in on the 1500-3500 rpm's band. In order to do so well in that range though it does give up a few HP up top and this is why I break it apart from my Performance adjustments. The Performance program is aimed at more of a 3000rpm and up rpm band focusing in more on the top end horsepower and all out performance driving. This is a great track tune but also works well daily driven.

The Race tune will further enhance the drivability of your new Mustang. Using the highest grade of fuel available in your area I can write a tune that will bring the throttle response to life. Enough so that I wouldn't recommend it for daily driving use as it may try to jump out from a stop and possibly even spin the tires. This wouldn't be good if you were beside a police car. One of the true benefits of this tune is that it doesn't increase the timing or reduce the fuel so it can be used with only the premium grade fuel available in your area. Finally with the automatics I use an entirely new shifting curve and torque converter scheduling to further enhance the all out performance of the car.

All of my programs are safe to use for daily driving unless we agree on doing something otherwise.

I can adjust for most CAI kits on the market today so please be sure and state if you have one of these kits or plan on purchasing one in the future. If you do buy one later on simply let me know and I can email you a new file for your new CAI. I sell the C&L Street cai with tuner combo for $699. On the dyno this kit makes around 285rwhp and 305 rwtq with a manual or 285rwhp and 295 rwtq from an auto, both with my 91/93 programming.

The SCT X-calibrator Version 3 and Diablosport Intune w/ 3 programs $389

This programmer come loaded with 3 different custom written performance programs. Simply plug it into your diagnostic port below the steering wheel and tune like a pro. With easy to follow instructions it will retain your stock programming and re-flash your computer with up to 3 different programs there again written for your vehicle and list of modifications. Then if you decide to sell the vehicle or go in for emissions/warranty repair just plug it in and return it to the stock calibration. These tuners will also be able to retrieve and clear trouble codes. For an added bonus it will also be able to datalogg some of your engine's sensors, this only means that it will read these functions not change them. You will also be able to make some changes to your programming using either the user options on the device it's self OR by plugging it into your PC using a USB cable.

The information needed from you for your specific vehicle is this...

1.) Year Model
2.) Engine size and auto or manual
3.) Calibration Code 4 digit
4.) Tire size
5.) Axle code or gear ratio
6.) List of mods you've done or plan on doing soon.
7.) Premium Grade of fuel available in your area, 91, 92, or 93 octane.

Even if most of your vehicle is stock I will need to know these items due to differences in the base files for each computer, if you buy a tuner from a dealer who isn't asking for the above then you are getting a BASE NON-Custom tune. Attached is a photo showing the calibration code location. It's the four-digit code written on the side of the PCM under the hood to the left of the radiator. The axle code is written on the inside of the driver's door on the white label, it will be a two-digit code of two letters.

Feel free to ask any questions that I may not have covered, as I know I can't get every detail in one email. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you,

Douglas Studdard.
Attached Thumbnails tuners and co ?-05_09mustangcal.jpg  
Old 7/31/12, 12:08 AM
V6 Member

OK guys, thank you for these informations, I'll see probably this month or next month to buy one of those but your prices are a little bit more expansive that almost everywhere else ... can you do something about it ?
Old 7/31/12, 10:20 AM
Banned

My price is $389 because I include custom tuning in my tuners. They are some of the best performing, researched and tested tunes in the industry.

Plus you get my full support, not a sales person in a room for of 30 other sales people pushing them out the door. I write every tune that goes the tuners we sell specifically for your car and your list of modifications.

I don't sell my tuners at bargain basement pricing because I don't include bargain basement tunes. You get what you pay for, I wanted to charge $399 but the owner talked me down to the median $389.

I also include free tune updates for as long as you own your car for minor bolt on changes.

Thanks!! Doug

Last edited by Doug@C&L; 7/31/12 at 10:30 AM.
Old 7/31/12, 10:34 AM
V6 Member

OK I'll let you know.
I will make some mods first and then we will be able to do a good tune. I don't want to pay for the sct, then do the mods, and then pay again to adjust the tunes.
Thanks
Old 8/1/12, 04:11 PM
Banned

OK I'll let you know.
I will make some mods first and then we will be able to do a good tune. I don't want to pay for the sct, then do the mods, and then pay again to adjust the tunes.
Thanks
You won't if you purchase your tuner or tunes from us. We offer Free tuning updates to the tuning files you either purchased or for the tunes we include on the device if you get it from us. This covers anything from gear ratios, air intakes, to new camshafts.

The only thing this doesnt including is forced induction, s/c or turbo, as we have to completely restart from scratch AND mainly we dont do FI tuning via email. You should always have it dynotuned and tested.

Just let me know how I can help!

Thanks, Doug
Old 8/1/12, 04:28 PM

Between throttle response and the extra hp its a night and day difference. Using the bahma race tune with after market cai gas mileage went from 19 average to 20.5-21 average.
Old 8/3/12, 10:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'll vouch for Doug over at C&L. I have been going to him for years and will tell you he writes the best auto tunes hands down. Awesome service and support as well.

Tim
Old 8/3/12, 10:29 PM
V6 Member

Thanks, as soon as I can do that, will do
But first, I would like to buy and install a X pipe and remove the cats. which one should I take ?