GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

tillman tunes

Search this Thread

Old 3/4/10, 10:59 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by topbliss
Im changing the valve covers with a set of power coated ones and changing the mufflers so she won't be out this weekend Chris. Been in the garage all winter but got out with it once in January on a nice weekend
Sweet, what color on the valve covers? Make sure you get down here the last Sunday in April we're having our car show!

Chris
Old 3/4/10, 11:00 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
Cool, thanks man. Looking forward to it!
No problem! Wait until you feel the difference! 3 year old tune vs. our new All-Out calibration... should be fun!
Old 3/4/10, 05:25 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
Sweet, what color on the valve covers? Make sure you get down here the last Sunday in April we're having our car show!

Chris

Chris, i missed last years show but this year its a must. i will be there also!!
Old 3/4/10, 09:27 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by classix_stang289
Chris, i missed last years show but this year its a must. i will be there also!!
Nice! It's been a while since you've been down! There should be a real nice turn out this year!

Steve, your tunes are getting started on right now. I'm building them all from scratch since they're three years old and we just do things differently now. I'll try and finish them tonight. If not they'll be to you first thing in the morning.
Old 3/4/10, 10:41 PM

Nice! It's been a while since you've been down! There should be a real nice turn out this year!

Steve, your tunes are getting started on right now. I'm building them all from scratch since they're three years old and we just do things differently now. I'll try and finish them tonight. If not they'll be to you first thing in the morning.
Thanks man.. I really just need a good 93 tune. I never run any of the others anyways. Hope that saves you some headache.
Old 3/5/10, 05:08 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Chris
Yes I will be there. chris.. I powder coated them a silver color to match the intake plenum and also had bought a strut bar and had it powder coated to match. its looks great.. When Its done Ill post pics..
Old 3/5/10, 05:29 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chris sucks and never does anything right....

JUST KIDDING.........He has been very good with my overly demanding need to tweak my tunes. Now get with it huh, before I flame your azzz. lol
Old 3/5/10, 06:10 AM

Hey, I've been poking through old threads and I see you mentioning that the tune files are alot easier with CMCV deletes. If you haven't made the tune yet, would that be a win-win for both of us if I got a set of deletes right now? (Easier tune file for you, more HP for me?)

Last edited by krnpimpsta; 3/5/10 at 06:12 AM.
Old 3/5/10, 06:32 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by futuresvt
Don't know anything about this guy's interactions, but Tillman is not always very responsive. I had to chase them for a month to get the merchandize I ordered from them. Took my $2K real quick, but if I didn't keep chasing them there's no telling when I would have received all my stuff, despite the fact that I was told several times that the merchandise was in the mail, or would be mailed monday, or I'd have the stuff by end of week, or similar.

Now I finally have my stuff but am having to chase Tillman to provide me a receipt in case anything goes wrong with any of the stuff I bought - I have no proof of purchase except my credit card statement.

No problem tagging my credit card real quick, but that was the only thing done timely.
Real nice

Hopefully they man up and give me a receipt so I don't have to have to keep dorking around with this nonsense.

Edited - 3/4/10. I received the receipt today. Thanks Chris. Appreciate it.
This sounds very familar as here I sit a year after buying my supercharger from them and have yet to receive a receipt that was promised to me countless times by CR and Tillman following phone calls, PMs, etc. I finally gave up
Old 3/5/10, 11:29 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
Hey, I've been poking through old threads and I see you mentioning that the tune files are alot easier with CMCV deletes. If you haven't made the tune yet, would that be a win-win for both of us if I got a set of deletes right now? (Easier tune file for you, more HP for me?)
+1,000,000... delete plates make the tune files alot "cleaner" if that makes any sense. It basically relies on less variables and tables. You'll notice a huge increase, and the car's powerband will increase. Let me know, I'll hold off on exporting the file. It's a quick change from what I just finished for you, it's not an inconvenience.

Last edited by TillmanSpeed; 3/5/10 at 11:33 AM.
Old 3/5/10, 11:31 AM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

Originally Posted by Doogie
This sounds very familar as here I sit a year after buying my supercharger from them and have yet to receive a receipt that was promised to me countless times by CR and Tillman following phone calls, PMs, etc. I finally gave up
Old 3/5/10, 11:32 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Doogie
Our system is automated, so unless I mispelled your email address (which is completely possible knowing me) then it should have gotten to you within moments of paying for it.

Will dig through and send one over when I get a chance. I'll shoot a PM over if I need any info.
Old 3/5/10, 11:36 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by topbliss
Yes I will be there. chris.. I powder coated them a silver color to match the intake plenum and also had bought a strut bar and had it powder coated to match. its looks great.. When Its done Ill post pics..
That should look awesome! I'll keep an eye out for the post!
Old 3/5/10, 11:43 AM
Cobra Member

Our system is automated, so unless I mispelled your email address (which is completely possible knowing me) then it should have gotten to you within moments of paying for it.

Will dig through and send one over when I get a chance. I'll shoot a PM over if I need any info.
I will play along Chris, but seeing is believing. If you need my e-mail, just send me a PM. But I really need this receipt for my records.
Old 3/5/10, 11:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jp's performance
i bought a x cal3 from tillman speed and now i am getting a po135 code o2 heater .i have replaced the 2 upstream sensors.just before anyone says anything i am not here to bash ( chris rose)he told me because bbk uses cheaper metal i have to wrap my headers so they can get hotter so the po 135 code does not show up.but i have spoke to many people that have bbk long tubes and other brands and have no problems.some one help me here.
Although it sound crazy, CR is correct, due to the material the headers are made from, the 02 sensor heats differently than factory (too fast, not fast enough, too hot, or not hot enough, etc.) causing the sensor to throw a code. BBK headers and JBA headers both tend cause this error from our experience. It can be tuned out though.
Old 3/5/10, 12:22 PM

+1,000,000... delete plates make the tune files alot "cleaner" if that makes any sense. It basically relies on less variables and tables. You'll notice a huge increase, and the car's powerband will increase. Let me know, I'll hold off on exporting the file. It's a quick change from what I just finished for you, it's not an inconvenience.
Awesome, all I needed to hear. I just ordered some delete plates.. thanks.
Old 3/5/10, 12:24 PM

Crap.. now I have to wait another week for the delete plates to arrive...
Old 3/5/10, 12:35 PM
Former Vendor

I'll knock that file out now, and you'll have the file in about a half hour.

Chris

UPDATE: Tune Sent

Last edited by TillmanSpeed; 3/5/10 at 03:09 PM.
Old 3/5/10, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by BRENSPEED
Although it sound crazy, CR is correct, due to the material the headers are made from, the 02 sensor heats differently than factory (too fast, not fast enough, too hot, or not hot enough, etc.) causing the sensor to throw a code. BBK headers and JBA headers both tend cause this error from our experience. It can be tuned out though.
i give up as he turned it all the way up and it's still throughs the code.i am about to light my car on fire.i am so ****ing mad right now.
Old 3/5/10, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by BRENSPEED
care to help me then.i'm ****ing pissed right now.

Quick Reply: tillman tunes