GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Tie Rods shot after 50k miles :-(

Search this Thread

Old 11/6/06, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tie Rods shot after 50k miles :-(

Just had Tokico D-spec shocks installed recently by a shop I use. The Tokico's smoothed out my ride however noticed a weird thumping noise around the third day of driving. Sounded like it was coming from the front-drivers side of the car.

Pop the wheel off, all seemed secured except for a upper stabilizer link rod nut which I could turn by hand. I tried to tighten it only got firm and never tight, didn't seemed stripped.

Took the car back to the shop and they tightened it but pointed out a problem, both of my front wheels were lose, could jiggle them left to right (Toe) about 1/8 to 1/4 inch. They said my Tie Rods were shot and I needed them replaced.

Any one have info on Tie Rods for 05+, any after market ones I could buy like Steeda or am I stuck with having to pick them up from the dealer :-( Aso confused of inner and outter tie rods. Would a "Bump Steer kit" help as well?

I'm thinking me driving with Eibach springs and putting 40k miles with that set-up stressed/woreout the tie rods quickly.(?)

Any comments/suggestions welcome.