GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Suspension kit for 08 GT Vert

Search this Thread

Old 9/3/07, 02:07 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspension kit for 08 GT Vert

I was planning on getting the FRPP handling kit. I just noticed that it is listed for the coupe only. So now what? Will these actually work on a Vert? I plan on doing just daily street driving but I wanted the look of a lower car and enhanced handling. The FRPP kit seemed like the best solution for me as it is covered by warranty and I did not want to try to piece together a whole kit.

I have also read where the FRPP kit is a little bit stiff for just street driving and the Steeda Ultralight springs are better for that type of driving.

So as an alternative, what does this sound like?
Steeda Steeda Ultralite Springs
Steeda Steeda Rear Swaybar w/ End Links (The description says that the swaybar needs endlinks for a Vert)
Steeda Steeda Adjustable Front Swaybar

FRPP Non-Adjustable Shocks & Struts

I have seen recommendations for the Tokico D Spec adjustable shocks, but I don't know if I would gain anything for my driving with these.

(For the sway bar I am planning on going with the Blue Oval Industries Chrome Double Tube Front Strut Tower Brace as I like the chrome look and this will clear a plenum cover).
Old 9/3/07, 04:41 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most of these kits are okay for an improvement. The Tokio spec D's allow some tunability (so does Koni) while most other shock / strut kits are not tunable, there are a pile of spring / swaybar packages to pick from. If you are just looking for some improvement in cornering, the front / rear sway bar kit might just suit you. If you are going for the lowered look, many just slap on the lowering springs, but it you really want to have it handle better, then you need to consider the lowered front lower ball joint kit from Steeda. This corrects roll center. When lowering, most times you need an adjustable panhard bar to re-center the rear axle. The lowered LCA bracket for the rear axle is also desirable to correct rear suspension instant center. If you don't do this after lowering, the car will squat more under acceleration. The devil is in the details.

It all depends on your objective and pocket book. Suggest you read up on Galaxies artice on the in n outs of lowering. Not sure why there is a spring kit issue with the vert. Someone else might be able to chime in on that.

Originally Posted by garbledwords
I was planning on getting the FRPP handling kit. I just noticed that it is listed for the coupe only. So now what? Will these actually work on a Vert? I plan on doing just daily street driving but I wanted the look of a lower car and enhanced handling. The FRPP kit seemed like the best solution for me as it is covered by warranty and I did not want to try to piece together a whole kit.

I have also read where the FRPP kit is a little bit stiff for just street driving and the Steeda Ultralight springs are better for that type of driving.

So as an alternative, what does this sound like?
Steeda Steeda Ultralite Springs
Steeda Steeda Rear Swaybar w/ End Links (The description says that the swaybar needs endlinks for a Vert)
Steeda Steeda Adjustable Front Swaybar

FRPP Non-Adjustable Shocks & Struts

I have seen recommendations for the Tokico D Spec adjustable shocks, but I don't know if I would gain anything for my driving with these.

(For the sway bar I am planning on going with the Blue Oval Industries Chrome Double Tube Front Strut Tower Brace as I like the chrome look and this will clear a plenum cover).