GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

SuperCharger or Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 10/28/05, 05:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by nicksolheim@October 28, 2005, 3:33 PM
Well I'm going to get some flames painted on my car + a big wing to go along w/the fart can exhaust, and no car s/c or n20 will be able to keep up.

I know a good company that can hook you up with that kind of stuff. Of course, they recommend you keep the wing unpainted.
Old 10/28/05, 09:37 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Knight@October 28, 2005, 6:20 PM
Not sure which side of the fence you are but I'll get my brother to take his supercharged Bullitt to gingerman raceway and you can get a mustang with N2o and we'll go 10 laps and then we'll see who beats the other senseless.

Good idea!
hehe....trying to stay on the fense.

I would prefer the Supercharger myself.
Old 11/4/05, 02:07 PM

just a thought for people that say nitrous doesn't count because you don't have it on all the time.

So i guess everyone runs full boost going to the grocery store.. and drive their car around at 5800rpm each gear to make sure your always getting that peak hp number.

I know. when it's play time.. i'm a second away from an open bottle.
Old 11/4/05, 08:10 PM

Originally posted by mikem@October 28, 2005, 1:05 PM
Who are running the Top five Fastests(Non supported)(Stock 05 Engine.Original engine) 05 mustangs? And what are they using?............I thought so,You may take a seat.
Just curious, who are the top 5?
Old 11/4/05, 09:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Somehow I didn't get my 2 cents in during the first 124 posts in this thread, so I'll add it now. I have no problem with the nitrous guys. In fact, part of me envies them. Being able to go that quick on the dragstrip with such a small investment is amazing. :worship: In fact, over the past couple months, I have considered it myself as an alternative to a supercharger.

But...

I'm 47 years old, and I have been a drag racing fan since I was a teenager. The phenomenom of nitrous (and turbos, for that matter) is a relatively recent addition to the drag strips. So, my old school roots make me want a blower more than anything. And not a centrifugal one, either... gotta be a twin screw. If I put anything else on my car, I would be nagged by self-doubt... what if?

I want... no, check that... I need to realize a life-long goal of driving a twin screw, blown muscle car every day... even just to the grocery store. I'm not trying to have the fastest 2005 Mustang around, I just want a dependable, 11-sec daily driver... and I believe the supercharger will work for me.

One more thing... I saw a T-Shirt at the NHRA races in Pomona earlier this year that I thought was funny (and please don't take this as an insult nitrous guys, I just found it amusing), that said: "Bottles are for Babies - Real Men Get Blown".
Old 11/5/05, 03:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mikem@October 24, 2005, 7:50 PM
I dont see any superchrged 05,s running in the 11,s.Dollar for Dollar I am way more happy with the Nitrous setup than a overpriced and Greater heat generating supercharger that will fall on its face if the temperature gets to be to great out.
I have seen SC 05's run 11's easy, I vote TURBO all the way!
Old 11/5/05, 03:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by don_w@November 4, 2005, 10:51 PM
"Bottles are for Babies - Real Men Get Blown".
LOL, I like that.... Nitrous is great for the track but if you get the opertunity to get a green light race on the street it wont do you much good at all
Old 11/5/05, 06:35 PM

Originally posted by dhof303@November 4, 2005, 9:13 PM
Just curious, who are the top 5?
Well, On this forum I do believe it is You,Myself,John,George and I am not sure who else is in the 11,s......Correct me if I am wrong.But all nitrous cars..........We must be cheating
Old 11/5/05, 06:37 PM

Originally posted by TURBO 05@November 5, 2005, 4:13 PM
LOL, I like that.... Nitrous is great for the track but if you get the opertunity to get a green light race on the street it wont do you much good at all
Oh ya,Nothing like purging the N20 at the light and that opertunity looks the other way :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
Old 11/6/05, 09:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mikem@November 5, 2005, 7:40 PM
Oh ya,Nothing like purging the N20 at the light and that opertunity looks the other way :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
But you can't actually race because you have to load your nitrous tune, right? I thought you have to have a separate NA and nitrous tunes...?
Old 11/6/05, 01:43 PM

Originally posted by clockworks@November 6, 2005, 10:18 AM
But you can't actually race because you have to load your nitrous tune, right? I thought you have to have a separate NA and nitrous tunes...?
Well i dont street race, Being 34,Owning my own Welding and fabricating Business and own a Home with Wife and Kids. I value my License and dont need to loose my house from a lawsuit if something terrible happened :nono:
But if I was a Braindead,No responsability, and No respect for the safety of others I would load the tune and have the system active on my mission to Street Race :notnice:
Old 11/6/05, 01:44 PM

Also another member running the Zex system has broke into the 11,s.........................
Old 11/6/05, 03:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mikem@November 6, 2005, 2:46 PM
Well i dont street race, Being 34,Owning my own Welding and fabricating Business and own a Home with Wife and Kids. I value my License and dont need to loose my house from a lawsuit if something terrible happened :nono:
But if I was a Braindead,No responsability, and No respect for the safety of others I would load the tune and have the system active on my mission to Street Race :notnice:
It doesn't "hurt" the car to run your nitrous tune when you're just driving around town and not using the nitrous? What are the cons of running the nitrous tune all the time? Decreased NA performance?
Old 11/6/05, 05:24 PM

Originally posted by clockworks@November 6, 2005, 5:02 PM
It doesn't "hurt" the car to run your nitrous tune when you're just driving around town and not using the nitrous? What are the cons of running the nitrous tune all the time? Decreased NA performance?
The only diferance is less WOT timming in the Nitrous tune.
Old 11/6/05, 05:32 PM

Originally posted by mikem@November 6, 2005, 2:46 PM
so when can i bring my car by so you can weld up all my control arm points.
Old 11/6/05, 07:17 PM
Bullitt Member

From and engineering stand point, Nitros is the better approach because it makes the same ( or more ) hp with far less cost ( even over say 10 year ) than any supercharger. The Super charger loses almost every cost/power contest. An usually loses most flat out race track heads up...

However, I would never put Nitros on a street car ( maybe a pure race car ). This "opinion" has nothing to do with who is the fastes or which one is more cost effective.

I prefer a super charger for one main reason, FUN.

Since I would only use a twin screw unit, it can be felt strongly even at part throttle. Every accel up to the speed limit is simply more fun with the SC. You get that instant throw you back in the seat ( torque) feeling anytime you want it and you do not have to break any laws or risk life and limb to enjoy it..... The bottle is really only suited to racing all out at the track when you have time to get everything dialed in and ready to go.

So, in my opinion if all you want to do is win the most races at the track, go with the bottle ( no SC argument will win here ) , if you want to enjoy the raw torque increase in every day driving, go for the superchager....

P.S. I also think that the SC under hood look more cool than a bottle in the trunk....
Old 11/6/05, 09:53 PM
Cobra Member

I dont really seem to care for separate tunes (NA and N2O). A little less timing for everyday driving and NA runs at the strip aint gona hurt much. I have more strict rules for my car... even though I have never participated in a "street race" the car has to be able to perform the same on the track as it does on the street, in theory.

-Dan