GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Supercharged Mustang. Sleeper or Screamer?

Search this Thread

Old 2/28/07, 05:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Add me to the sleeper column. Just dropped in my saleen last week. If your close enough you can hear the s/c wine (really cool), other than that you dont know until its too late.
Old 2/28/07, 05:16 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Well I say sleeper normally, but who are you kidding with those Red Stripes! There's nothing sleeper about those. So for your car, I'd throw some Red "4.6 Supercharged" emblems on the fenders.

Me, I'm sleeper all the way. I had some Kenne Bell Supercharged emblems on mine for about 3 hours, and I decided to take them off.

Hell, I had a WS6 pull up next to me last week bragging about how he'd blow my doors off. I told him I want to see what he says once the light turned green. Needless to say, he never caught up to tell me what he thought.
Old 3/1/07, 08:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Rebel73
Now that I am officially part of the "Blown Pony" clan, I must say I have been tempted to add some kind of "supercharged" embleming to my car. However, remaining a "sleeper" (as much as I can with a Whipple) can also be fun .
When I eventually get my SC in, I'll definately be putting a badge of some sort somewhere. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm so freaking sick and tired of people asking "Is it supercharged?"

I've almost gotten into the habit of saying "No!" when I climb out of the car at the pump. There's always some slicker ogling my car doing the "nudge nudge wink wink say no more say no more" bullkaka.
Old 3/1/07, 09:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by S197 GT
Me, I'm sleeper all the way.
with a cosmetic mod list 1/2 a mile long? To me, a sleeper looks stock, or slow.
Old 3/1/07, 10:02 AM
3rd Times A Charm

Originally Posted by Error404
with a cosmetic mod list 1/2 a mile long? To me, a sleeper looks stock, or slow.

The only things that can be seen from the outside are the rims, emblems, and clear corner lenses.

I had to get wider rims, otherwise I'd get NO traction.
Old 3/1/07, 02:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess I'm in the minority... I say if you've got it, flaunt it!

I added the "supercharged" emblem to my shaker scoop.

Attached Thumbnails Supercharged Mustang. Sleeper or Screamer?-dsc06594.jpg  
Old 3/1/07, 02:53 PM
Cobra R Member

he he...I see the point about the red stripes, but having stripes doesn't necessarily mean I'm blown. Maybe it's more fun to let people think I'm "all show and no go", then look at their expressions as I blow past them.

I did exactly that to some ricer Integra w/nitrous last week. He he. He couldn't even look at me afterward!
Old 3/1/07, 03:44 PM

+1 sleeper. but if you really must flaunt it, i would do nothing more than a custom license plate frame -- "powered by whipple" etc.

nothing says rice like "sponsor" stickers
Old 3/1/07, 03:55 PM
Cobra R Member

"nothing says rice like "sponsor" stickers"

Rice is a 4 banger with fart can exhaust.
Rice is an oversized rear wing on a FWD car.
Rice is a ridiculous, cartoonish body kit that looks like it's falling apart.
Rice is a carbon fiber hood on a car that can barely break into the 15s.

Rice is NOT a supercharged V8 !

Like Yogi Berra said "It ain't braggin' if you can do it!"

Anyhow, I was thinking of something like this:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/46-sup...mblem-red.html

Like right under the "GT" emblem.
Old 3/1/07, 03:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by OKLACOP
I vote sleeper. Thats what I'm doing. Although I was thinking about getting a new personalized tag with "sleepr" on it. That may defeat the idea of it being a sleeper though.
I think it might be tough in your case, with that Shelby conversion! Those who don't know better will think it's a GT500 and assume it's SC anyhow!
Old 3/1/07, 04:28 PM

he he...I see the point about the red stripes, but having stripes doesn't necessarily mean I'm blown. Maybe it's more fun to let people think I'm "all show and no go", then look at their expressions as I blow past them.

I did exactly that to some ricer Integra w/nitrous last week. He he. He couldn't even look at me afterward!
I can't sneak up on anyone anymore... they all know my car at the track. So why hide it.

And I don't race on the street, so there's no reason for having a "sleeper" ride. Hell, I can't hook up on street tires anyway... so what would it matter. ahaha.
Old 3/1/07, 05:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by don_w
I can't sneak up on anyone anymore... they all know my car at the track. So why hide it.

And I don't race on the street, so there's no reason for having a "sleeper" ride. Hell, I can't hook up on street tires anyway... so what would it matter. ahaha.
Yes, I am learning how pathetically inadequate my street tires are now. Any recommendations on a good street/track tire?
Old 3/1/07, 05:36 PM

Yes, I am learning how pathetically inadequate my street tires are now. Any recommendations on a good street/track tire?
When my street Nittos wear out (which will be fairly soon), I will be switching to 325/45-17 M&H drag radials for the street. They will fit on a 17x9 wheel (which I already have). They are not as big as they sound. The actual size is closer to a 275/50-17 tire (28" dia, 10" tread, 12" section). I need a 28" drag radial (for a 17" wheel), and these are the only ones I have found that size. I won't use them on the track (I have 28x10.50 slicks for that), but I know guys who have (such as Paul, aka psfracer).

If I was running 18x10 wheels, I'd probably get the 305/45-18 Nitto 555R drag radial. They would be good on the street, but not many people like the 555R on the track.
Old 7/3/07, 11:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

The only reason i would want to supercharge my car would be to put the badges on . One above each GT logo on the sides, and one on the back.

Originally Posted by Willie
With any twin-screw, I'd say forego any exterior "advertisement". With a Vortech or ProCharger, advertise away. Why? Simple. You really can't hear a twin-screw until you get on it. So sleeper it is. With a centrifugal, anyone with ears can hear you coming a block away so people will know regardless...
What does a supercharger sound like?
Old 7/4/07, 01:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jmanpatsfan
The only reason i would want to supercharge my car would be to put the badges on . One above each GT logo on the sides, and one on the back.

What does a supercharger sound like?

there ya go - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GfO910hlMc
Old 7/4/07, 01:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cmplxlgc
does it get in the way of the exhaust/engine noises at all?
Old 7/4/07, 01:30 AM
Cobra R Member

well, I gotta tell ya, it's been blast smoking unsuspecting victims with my "sleeper" Stang...
Old 7/4/07, 05:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
I wasn't going to go with any badging at first, but since the Vortech can be heard relatively easily when I'm just idleing thru parking lots and such, I went ahead and thru on the Vortech licence plate holder. Its white, so it matches my stripes anyway.
Old 7/4/07, 06:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Zzzzzzzzzz....
Old 7/4/07, 11:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Sleeper city!! So much fun when a kid pulls up with one of those "sewing machine gone mad" sounding ricers and starts looking to run ya. Just rev the gas enough for your blower to whistle and watch their faces drop.

Quick Reply: Supercharged Mustang. Sleeper or Screamer?