Suggestions Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10/3/06, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that would be good also.Its a hard line but should be acomplished
Old 10/3/06, 04:31 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The challenge is to keep things as cut and dry as possible, so that topics don't get moved around and irritate people. One example was people complaining their timeslips were being moved from the "performance" sections to the "drag race" forums.

I personally think it could become challenging to do it the way mike suggested, espcecially if someone with a supercharger buys something like LCA's and that post gets moved to the "mild mods" area, they will get irratated for sure. Likewise, someone like me (I do know a lot, but I am a newb compared to most here), starts sniifing around in the s/c area, I don't know if I'd feel welcome

In a few weeks, once my schedule lightens, I am going to start my first attempts at tech & info articles, things like an exhaust buyer's guide, a CAI buyer's guide and a few more detailed ones. Things like that will probably give new guys a chance to get up to speed quicker. In either case, we'll probably get some ideas for re-arranging the threads.

Again, keep the ideas coming,
Old 10/3/06, 06:03 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Galaxie
The challenge is to keep things as cut and dry as possible, so that topics don't get moved around and irritate people. One example was people complaining their timeslips were being moved from the "performance" sections to the "drag race" forums.

I personally think it could become challenging to do it the way mike suggested, espcecially if someone with a supercharger buys something like LCA's and that post gets moved to the "mild mods" area, they will get irratated for sure. Likewise, someone like me (I do know a lot, but I am a newb compared to most here), starts sniifing around in the s/c area, I don't know if I'd feel welcome.
Sounds perfect Mr. McQueen. I think you've got the best interests of the board in mind.
Old 10/3/06, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
Sounds perfect Mr. McQueen. I think you've got the best interests of the board in mind.
I second that.Also this is the time to do it.The other site has also been down with no explanation
Old 10/3/06, 08:14 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

No make a V6 section and a GT section (all stuff goes in here) and get rid of the drag race section

That way it will be like "the other site" which people there seem to like
Old 10/4/06, 08:44 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Good news... the reorgansation will happen very soon
Bad News... The forums will have to go offline as a result

hopefully it won't take long.
Old 10/6/06, 08:53 AM
I Have Admin Envy

I hope you guys like the new format,

The way things were consolidated, there may be V6 topics in here, I will be moving them as I find them, otherwise, if you spot something that needs to be moved, please shoot me or any other moderator a PM.