GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Suggestions Thread

Search this Thread

Old 9/6/06, 12:11 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Suggestions Thread

What would you like to see?

Recently some members expressed frustration with the lack of new technical information. I am starting this thread to act as a positive exchange of ideas for people to give suggestions that the mods/admins can do to improve this area? We also would like to expand this ideal throughout other areas of the forum as well.

There are a few things in my mind that I plan on starting once driving season ends here (In a few weeks)
-a complete axleback exhaust buyer's guide
-an FAQ regarding CAI's and tuning
-Other ideas the admin are still figuring out

So, please use this thread to offer ideas for improvement. If you have a suggestion and feel it will cause a negative reaction, please PM the mods/admin with it instead.
Old 9/6/06, 02:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

1) Love the idea of a complete axleback guide, lots of links to the soundclips on other posts don't work anymore. Nothing like hearing it before you buy it!!

2) Please make sure the TSB's are all up to date and updated soon after they are released. I know the 6-9-9 TSB regarding the hesitation/fuel pump problem is still not posted in the TSB section in Warranty, and it was released several months ago. Just my $.02 Great idea!!
Old 9/7/06, 04:23 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about a supercharger/turbo section.
Old 9/7/06, 08:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
An auto tranny section. Yea I know if I want speed and performance I should have bought a stick.... but I did'nt. I like the aspect of getting in and going with out working..
Old 9/7/06, 09:01 PM

Personally, I think more sub-forums is a bad idea. There are more than enough now. I only read this one (Performance) because of that reason.
Old 9/8/06, 06:30 AM
I Have Admin Envy

I think more sub-forums would be a bad idea, especially considering that we have a forum search feature.

I was wondering what people's thoughts were on reducing the amount of subforums in the Performance section? Instead of having a "Performance" forum that breaks down into GT peformance, V6 Performance and Drag racing, how about making the main Performance forum General/GT and then having a V6 subforum underneath that. This is not a slight at the V6 owners, just trying to condense information.

Currently:

-Performance
-GT Performance
-V6 Performance
-Drag Racing

Proposal:

- General and GT Performance
-V6 Performance

What are people's thoughts about the Drag Racing forum? I always personally thought it could be condesned into the other ones, especially after people were complaining about timeslips being moved.
Old 9/8/06, 04:58 PM
Bullitt Member

I suggest consolidating. I don't visit here much any more because of what you said...lack of technical information. A lot of it is just people posting buying experiences/asking for feedback/etc.

I'd do a General 2005+ forum, Performance Modifications (non-engine specific) forum, and Aesthetic Modifications forum.

All the sub forums are a PITA to check...keeping all the information in only three places would be great. Only problem is getting the old threads over.

Just my $0.02.
Old 9/11/06, 09:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What I would really like to see with some of the older threads is to condence them and deleate some of the B.S. and just have the facts and info. there is a lot of info here but trying to find it even with the search is tuff to do. When the tread is new the " Hey looks great" is ok, but as it get older ... well it gets old.
Old 9/19/06, 08:15 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
What do you guys think of a 2005+ Tech and Performance forum. Just one forum, would eliminate the V6 and GT seperate ones and put everything togehter. This would cover mods, technical issues, TSB's, suspension, drivetrain, basically everything not apperance related.
Old 9/20/06, 09:45 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
bueller? Anyone?
Old 9/21/06, 10:49 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

I'll be pretty candid here

I think there's no more technical information because all the technical people from back in the day left or were chased away to other forums by the administrators. That single event changed everything. Those who know what I'm talking about know what I mean. In my opinion this board suffered and went to **** after that day. The whole thing left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. It affected me so bad that I don't hardly ever participate here anymore. My final contribution was the service manual.

There's so many "which CAI should I get?" or "brenspeed or bamachips?" threads the real techies can take before they want to throw up. Techies don't get their tunes from either of those places. They are now congregating together amongst themselves elsewhere. Their opinion is that this board is too "noobie-ish". They are now all past that and are concentrating on power adders.

Plus there was that whole month that the forums were down that didn't help either. People went to other forums and are now comfortable there. I gave up on doing do-it-yourself threads on this board because you people kept erasing my pictures.

The 50 different subforums are annoying too.

While this forum lacks in performance information, I believe that it is great for noobies, bodykit stuff, and audio mods. So it's not all bad.
That's about it
Old 9/21/06, 02:28 PM
GT Member

I have to agree with dustindu4. The member(s) that pioneered the first real mods, and gave there help were frustrated by their posts being moved to other sub forums, etc. without their knowledge. Moving posts, deleting pictures, etc. without input from the posters alienated the most valuable participants. Many followed them to other boards. The downtime merely compounded the situation. I think if the numerous sub forums were streamlined it would encourage more input by making the site easier to navigate.
Old 9/21/06, 06:19 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'll third the don't participate as much because of all the subforums and the resulting moving of threads. When I do have a question or would like to start a thread, I go elsewhere because I never know where to post it here, and having it moved is irritating. This board used to be sweet where I used to read and participate quite a bit, now, well I just hit the new post button and do a quick scan.
All the subforums keep people from being able to 'chat' and hang out. Instead it's like the Mustang Weikepedia.
Plus, it harms the board because I never go to the introductions, or order status, etc forums because they don't concern me. Therefore, anyone posting there isn't getting my help (or the help of many other people who could help them but don't visit). Also, there's a lot of V6 people who could share info on the GT but don't go to the GT forum, etc... therefore, there's a lack of exchange of ideas.
Bottom line, here's my simple forumla.

Mustang Forum = Good
Mustang Weikepedia = Bad

I've said this before but was basically told to STFU, well apparantly I'm not alone.
Old 9/21/06, 07:06 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Please keep the feedback coming.
Old 9/27/06, 11:35 AM
Bullitt Member

I would like to see a secontion with noting but write-ups
very little discussion in there just how to do certine mods w/ pics and how too... i often find it hard to find the how to threads...
Old 9/28/06, 05:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I like the way the subforums are structured. If some are concerned about having their post moved, then they should have posted it in the right place... easy.

How quickly some forget that this is a Mustang Forum for all enthusiasts, new and seasoned alike. I remember (as others should too) not knowing where or how to get information on mods. TMS has been an indispensable source in building up what I have today. In return, I'm honored to help out the new guy any way I can. I for one am not taking the attitude that I have elevated to a level where I find this forum boring.

We probably have new members signing up everyday who just bought a new Mustang and are hungry for useful advise and information that us guys can provide. Heck, I consider myself still a noob at certain things with this car, in fact we all are to some degree being the S197 has only been out for only 2 years.

And I'm all for a sticky write-up section. It'll serve as a quick link for anyone wanting to know how to do a certain mod. Yes, I know we have a search function here, but it's only as good as the choice of words used by the author.
Old 10/2/06, 07:44 PM

I am proud to be a member of TMS and still fly my decal on my rear window at every event.
As one of the pioneers(I think I qualify) I would like to speek my thoughts of what has happened here.
In the Winter of 05 this site was the Hotest place to be.We were just gettting our cars and some of us were still waiting for them to be built.Performance parts were still just starting to be available.Myself and many others started building and moding our cars right away.We were a tight group and grew close together.We were excited to here everyones new mod or performance gain.We found out what worked and did not work.But as the year went buy, most of us were climbing to new levels.
This is it in a nutshell.
The group that was strong in here have now graduated to a new level.We dont talk about exhaust,Body panels,CAI kits, brakes and ETC.It is understood that many people are arriving to the site with there new cars and want info.But its just like grade school.You are ariving as a 1st grader and we all moved to second grade.The subjects are different and it is very hard for the two grades to hang together.Can you see were I am going with this?The only way TMS is going to get the Pioneers back is to have a very strict Performance Modifying Forum.
Yes the Kicking out of one Pioneer and soon Folowing downtime did not help, as all the pioneers found a new Pasture to graze that has been more fruitfull to them.
Old 10/2/06, 08:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by mikem
I am proud to be a member of TMS and still fly my decal on my rear window at every event.
As one of the pioneers(I think I qualify) I would like to speek my thoughts of what has happened here.
In the Winter of 05 this site was the Hotest place to be.We were just gettting our cars and some of us were still waiting for them to be built.Performance parts were still just starting to be available.Myself and many others started building and moding our cars right away.We were a tight group and grew close together.We were excited to here everyones new mod or performance gain.We found out what worked and did not work.But as the year went buy, most of us were climbing to new levels.
This is it in a nutshell.
The group that was strong in here have now graduated to a new level.We dont talk about exhaust,Body panels,CAI kits, brakes and ETC.It is understood that many people are arriving to the site with there new cars and want info.But its just like grade school.You are ariving as a 1st grader and we all moved to second grade.The subjects are different and it is very hard for the two grades to hang together.Can you see were I am going with this?The only way TMS is going to get the Pioneers back is to have a very strict Performance Modifying Forum.
Yes the Kicking out of one Pioneer and soon Folowing downtime did not help, as all the pioneers found a new Pasture to graze that has been more fruitfull to them.
+1 i tend to agree with mike and most members above about the problems and moving of topics and other ideas
Old 10/3/06, 07:43 AM
I Have Admin Envy

So what's being suggested is the performance forum be split up into 3 sections? a GT preformance forum, a V6 performance, and a hardcore (S/C, NOS) section. Its worth discussing for sure. I know many of the poineers were/are complaining about the CAI/Muffler threads etc. etc. we are working on condensing that information.
Old 10/3/06, 12:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Galaxie
So what's being suggested is the performance forum be split up into 3 sections? a GT preformance forum, a V6 performance, and a hardcore (S/C, NOS) section. Its worth discussing for sure. I know many of the poineers were/are complaining about the CAI/Muffler threads etc. etc. we are working on condensing that information.
i think that would be good and then one more section for writeups

Quick Reply: Suggestions Thread