Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by elvism@October 1, 2005, 8:59 AM

Me
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=35210
Old 10/1/05, 03:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RPMOutlet should have them in stock. I know they had at least one this past week.

I ordered the Twin-62mm Motoblue Throttle Body from them, and they are supposed to check and see if the Spacer will work with that Throttle Body or not. I am just kind of concerned that I would be restricting it back down to twin-57mm. And more imporatantly, I wanted to see if the Butterflies or Throttle Blades in the 62mm would hit the spacer.

I have to talk to them on Monday to see what they found out for me. I still have not decided on it yet though. If there are no obvious downsides, I will probably buy it, and dyno test with and without it to see if there is any benefit when already using the larger TB.

But back to the point, when I talked to them on Thursday, they had it in stock.
Old 10/1/05, 04:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

No, the T/B Spacer will not work with any aftermarket T/B bigger than 55. The T/B Spacer is designed for the stock T/B only. Posted this on my last thread....
Old 10/3/05, 11:39 PM
Bullitt Member

I have been out of the mustang loop for a while.

I have or the JLT intake (in a box still). The predator is finally on order, should have it some time next week. I was planning on getting one of the canned tunes from DTP.

This TB spacer looks and sounds good. Is it the real deal?

Does anyone now if this throttle body spacer will cause any issues with the car running on a JLT/DTP tune?

or will it require a seperate tune to include adjustments made specifically for the TB spacer or can those adjustments be made from the predator itself.

Nick
Old 10/4/05, 04:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by nicksolheim@October 4, 2005, 1:42 AM
I have been out of the mustang loop for a while.

I have or the JLT intake (in a box still). The predator is finally on order, should have it some time next week. I was planning on getting one of the canned tunes from DTP.

This TB spacer looks and sounds good. Is it the real deal?

Does anyone now if this throttle body spacer will cause any issues with the car running on a JLT/DTP tune?

or will it require a seperate tune to include adjustments made specifically for the TB spacer or can those adjustments be made from the predator itself.

Nick
The only issue it will cause is the removal of the sponge-like throttle response from idle to 2K. The TBS completely fixed that. The DTP tune was awesome from 2K on up, but the throttle was still sluggish below that. Very worthwhile mod. No tuning adjustments necessary.
Old 10/4/05, 05:55 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally posted by MTAS@October 4, 2005, 6:33 AM
The only issue it will cause is the removal of the sponge-like throttle response from idle to 2K. The TBS completely fixed that. The DTP tune was awesome from 2K on up, but the throttle was still sluggish below that. Very worthwhile mod. No tuning adjustments necessary.

I installed mine last weekend and I did add a little more fuel. I had been playing with my timing and fuel for sometime , mainly like most people to get rid of the lag below 2K RPM. So before I put the spacer on , I reset all my parameters to what Scott at Diablo had them set to and did some data logging. With the tune the way he had it set , my long term fuel trim for both banks were either 0 or -1 throughout the whole RPM range. After I installed the spacer , I was getting +5 or +6 on both banks , meaning it was running a little lean. Which is what you would expect if the spacer is actually flowing more air. I bumped the fuel for both the 2K and 4K RPM range by 1% and this got me down to +1 or +2 for both banks. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to bump the fuel anymore or not , I probably should call Diablo to find out. But , it run greats and the lag is gone without bumping the timing any. However , I took a trip down to Miami after installing it and my mileage was only 21 MPG , which is what it was before. So it doesn't increase the mileage , or at least not on my car. Or maybe my bumping the fuel took away any mileage improvement ...
Old 10/4/05, 01:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

I just ordered from AutoAnything.com Sunday, says they have it in stock, but it shows a shipping date of 10/6. From what I've read here, they are drop shipped from JET, so that may explain the lag.