GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Sevicing

Search this Thread

Old 3/3/08, 04:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sevicing

Hopefully getting my S197 serviced and it's first MOT this week, am I on the right track with the following

Oil Filter FL820S

Fuel Filter FG1083

Anyone know the part number for the air filter?

Wasn't sure if Pollen/cabin filter applies? Part Number?

What have you guys done about plugs also? My car's creeping up to 30k miles so do you think I should change them? My Dad reccomends just taking them out to see what state they're in and go from there but then i'm worried about them snapping off like what was mentioned in that other thread?

Anything else i'm forgetting?

Thanks
Old 3/11/08, 07:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hi Justin, I see you're in the UK as well!!

I wish my car was here, but it's in storage. Anyway, where are you getting it serviced? Do you have access to a garage or any tools? You should be able to change the oil yourself, and I recommend going with the Motorcraft synthetic blend 5w20 since I know how god awful expensive the full synthetic is here.

The cabin air filter you can also do yourself, there is a write up wither here or on Mod fords that shows it is ridiculously easy. The fuel filter is another thing altogether. There are some threads with how to on that on the sites as well.

I think you should take the plugs out, check them, and then put them back in with some anti-seize on the threads so you can get them out again at 60K for replacement.

none of this stuff is really hard, and unless you are taking it to the dealer for warranty purposes, I'd explore the possibility of saving some money by ordering parts from the US and then doing it yourself. The car should pass MOT fineas long as your tires are deep enough.

Cheers!
Old 3/11/08, 05:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the reply, yeah all service and MOT done, we took the plugs out ok and will leave them in at least till the next service, definitely won't be leaving them for 100k though like Ford say you can do : )