GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

replacing passenger side mirror...help

Search this Thread

Old 1/18/06, 04:41 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

Went out to the parking lot at work last night, and some idiot broke off my passenger side mirror. I found a replacement part on the web...but I need a little help. Anyone have a shop manual that shows and exploded diagram of the parts of the mirror? I need to know how to remove the plastic cover inside the window that covers access to the mirror attachment bolts on the outside. Anyone have any ideas...or a PDF? Nice. First little 'dent' in the car. My 06 GT has maybe 1200 miles on it. I guess I should be happy that the idiot didn't scratch up my paint, only the mirror...which is cheap to replace. Thanks.

Tilt
Old 1/18/06, 07:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Tilt@January 18, 2006, 6:44 AM
Hi all,

Went out to the parking lot at work last night, and some idiot broke off my passenger side mirror. I found a replacement part on the web...but I need a little help. Anyone have a shop manual that shows and exploded diagram of the parts of the mirror? I need to know how to remove the plastic cover inside the window that covers access to the mirror attachment bolts on the outside. Anyone have any ideas...or a PDF? Nice. First little 'dent' in the car. My 06 GT has maybe 1200 miles on it. I guess I should be happy that the idiot didn't scratch up my paint, only the mirror...which is cheap to replace. Thanks.

Tilt

Just snap out inside sail cover, remove connector and three fasteners. That is all there is to it.
Old 1/18/06, 07:28 AM
V6 Member

That is what I thought, and easy repair. I just wasn't sure how to remove the inside sail cover without damaging it. I guess it is just a snap on piece. Cool. Thanks for the information.

Tilt
Old 1/18/06, 01:53 PM
Bullitt Member

I hate parking my car anywhere. No matter how you try to stay away from everyone, you will always find someone right there. Once, when I was when I parked "out", I came out of the store and found a shopping cart blown into my door, causing a nice dent and scratch. Now I collect any loose carts "upwind" on my way inside, but that doesn't save me from the lazy SOBs who just leave the things anywhere.

The worst sort of people are the ones who just don't care about anyone else, [much less anyone else's car] and mindlessly open their door into your car. It's not intentional, they just don't think about it and don't care.

It's a definite bummer if you've done all you can do to avoid door dings and other damage.

Mike E