GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Pypes OR/X install question - noob

Search this Thread

Old 9/10/09, 08:41 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NotQuik
How was the install? That was my first impression after pairing the off road x and mac axle back but at the sametime I had a big smile Now have the xpipe and mid muffler system and like it alot as well, but my wife said it's too quiet lol...if you want quietier you could always throw some cats in there.
Install wasn't bad, although it was super hot, AZ. It took me about two hours start to finish, I took my time to get everything right. I think the cats are gone for good (well until I go to emissions test in a year) so its back to mufflers for me. I think I saw a dead person clawing their way out of the ground when I slammed on the gas.. YIKES!
Old 9/10/09, 08:43 PM
V6 Member

lol....glad to hear everything worked out for you.
Old 9/11/09, 11:54 AM
GT Member

Video? I'd say if you want to quite it down, throw a set of stingers on there. It will take a little away from it but it will still bark when you want it to. I love the way mine sounds!
Old 9/14/09, 11:05 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jodadejSS06GT
Video? I'd say if you want to quite it down, throw a set of stingers on there. It will take a little away from it but it will still bark when you want it to. I love the way mine sounds!
Actually I picked up a set of stock mufflers, that really quieted down the exhaust. Ordered a new tune from american muscle and she is running like a champ.. Now I just need to get to the track!

Pat
Old 9/15/09, 06:27 AM
GT Member

i've always wondered what the o/r x would sound like with stock mufflers. The only thing I don't like about the stock mufflers is the small a$$ tips. I love the 4"ers!
Old 9/15/09, 11:41 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jodadejSS06GT
i've always wondered what the o/r x would sound like with stock mufflers. The only thing I don't like about the stock mufflers is the small a$$ tips. I love the 4"ers!
I actually like it. Its quiet when you are driving it easy, but if you drop the hammer it sounds pretty **** good. I agree with regards to the small muffler tips, but I suppose welding on 4 inch tips wouldn't be that hard. I have the stainless muffler tips on my stockers, so it looks somewhat decent.
Old 9/15/09, 11:52 AM
GT Member

Sweet, well post up a video if you can!
Old 9/15/09, 05:16 PM
V6 Member

Here's one of few months ago with stock axleback and o/r x-pipe...as you car hear it's alittle louder than the gto but still too quiet for my tastes.

http://s449.photobucket.com/albums/q...=BriansRun.flv
Old 9/15/09, 10:45 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by NotQuik
Here's one of few months ago with stock axleback and o/r x-pipe...as you car hear it's alittle louder than the gto but still too quiet for my tastes.

http://s449.photobucket.com/albums/q...=BriansRun.flv
I was surprised how much the stock axleback quieted down the car, but like I said when you hammer it, it's still pretty **** loud. Much louder than bone stock exhaust. My girlfriend has a DSLR camera, I'll try and figure out how to make a vid with it tomorrow of the exhaust.