GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Pics:of My "Version" Of The "GT 500"

Search this Thread

Old 2/1/05, 07:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Vegasjay@February 1, 2005, 7:47 PM
I think the snakes are going to cover them just fine. Does anyone know any trick's for takeing the emblems off? That 3-M tape is pretty serious stuff! I will deffinatley post new pic's when finished. Might be a little while if body work is gonna be involved It's gotta be perfect....
How about 3M release agent, works good on weatherstrip adhesive, should work good.
Old 2/1/05, 07:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by lodom@February 1, 2005, 8:07 PM
I've heard that fishing line can be used to remove adhesive items. I haven't tried it, but it might be worth a try.
Yes, that should work good and then follow it with a product called goof off to clean up the residew, if any.
Old 2/1/05, 07:49 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks!! Now I Have some work to do....
Old 2/2/05, 04:29 PM
V6 Member

Where did you get your custom stripe paint job? How much was it?
Old 2/2/05, 09:22 PM
Cobra Member

There Vinyl, they cost 450 dollars. RC Racing Decals did the work.
Old 2/5/05, 09:03 PM
GT Member

jay - car looks great! So you want to make your own scoops? I wish you the best of luck. No one else has the '67 look to theirs, we need some sculpted, rounder ones -let me know how yours come out, I know I'd buy a set!!

(btw- all it would need then would be the ducktail and to get the fog lamps pushed in - CDC's ducktail looks great, and a few ppl have mentioned getting their lamps centered - just a thought)
Old 2/6/05, 12:46 PM

Dude, you have a great looking car less the gt500 stripes and the snakes on the side. I appreciate your interpetation of what you want
your car to be and you have paid for it so its your right to do as you wish. Please know that the majority of mustangers out their will only think to themselves WTF is that? Rice? You bet ya it is.

Have fun with it but I pesonally dont get it. Its kinda like me putting some 5.0 badges or snakes on my Mach 1. They dont belong.
Old 2/6/05, 01:58 PM
GT Member

Hey Eriic - u check out his latest and future mods? he'll kill himself with the nitrous, but everything else sure seems like it belongs on an 05 to me! Besides, this car was built to look like the '67 - and it does, thankfully! Can u come up with a better role model for your car? I'm mad at Justin, but only for getting his 05 before me and getting a head start on the retrofitting. If making your new car look more like the old car it was designed after, (especially the '67 GT 500), is wrong, I don't want to be right. I wouldn't add the decals personally, but thats just bc the 05 doesn't have 500 HP... yet! B)
Old 2/6/05, 02:47 PM

To each his own but when you attempt to make a particular model of mustang (or any other car for that matter) appear to be something it is not I fail to see what is so cool about that. I wouldnt want my v6 stang to appear to be a gt if I had one. I dont want my Mach to pose as a Cobra because its not one!

The heck off the whole deal is that mustang owners tend to be very sharp when it comes to what Ford really makes and what they see on the street. You cant get much past the majority of these guys.

I dont want my car to "pose" as a different model of stang (especially one that is not even in production). Heck if I did I guess I would go looking for some stickers and a couple of fart cans for it.
Old 2/6/05, 05:07 PM
GT Member

Know your roots
Old 2/6/05, 05:42 PM
Cobra Member

If Ford had a GT 500 out now I would have bought it. They don't so I figured I'll just build one my da#n self! I would love for anyone comparing this to fart can stuff to listen to my exaust. When I rev her up any fart cans near by go run and hide! I'm not trying to get anything past anyone, those "sharp guy's" better drive sharp too.

My hood has been ordered and I got it for 450 buck's! I've got templete's made and can't wait to start fabrication. The CDC ductail will be molded in so there will be no visible lines, and no tacked on look. A lot of people say "something it's not" what is that? Who say's that a GT has to remain a GT it's whole life? Is there a rule book somewhere that I never read (gladly)? I'm not copying something that already exist's i.e. a 2005 Shelby GT 500. I'm not slaping stuff on with no intent of increasing performance dramatically, i.e. Fart cans and a cobra emblem. In fact performance right now is center stage, I will reach 330 RWHP before most exterior mod's commence. The suspension will be majorly upgraded courtysey off all most all of BMR 's product's. After that whichever supercharger that show's the best reliable HP increase will be bolted on, hopefuly surpassing 500 HP.

Is all that making my GT "something it's not". If so than so be it, I would rather dive her as "somthing it's not", it's sure going to be a whole lot more fun!! I look forward to Ford's SVT release, so I know what I have to beat... Although my main target's will be Vette's and such.

I wonder?? Do the guy's that buy 68 fastback's and turn them into GT 500's or Elannor clone's get the same "something it's not" lable? Just curious... If not what's the difference?

Finally: after my pony is pushing or brakeing 500 HP and handeling as good or better than an SVT product, I guess it all really won't matter in the end...

Thank's to all for viewing, and comment's good or bad... It's all good ,and it's been fun for sure! Stay tuned, more mod's comeing very soon....
Old 2/6/05, 07:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Vegasjay+January 28, 2005, 11:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vegasjay @ January 28, 2005, 11:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>[attachmentid=10631]<!--QuoteBegin-FullautoM4@January 28, 2005, 3:24 PM
How did the insallation of the hood pins go? I really want them on my black '05 but I'm cautious about putting holes in my beautiful hood. Whats the best way to get them done? Any closeups of the pins? and how do you like them?
I like them very well! I'll PM you with detailed instructions.
[/b][/quote]

Justin,
I have these pins as well and have yet to install them, can you take a picture of the underside of your hood? Looks like you had to extend the pins to make them long enough.

Dont matter what anyone else says. as long as you are happy.
Personally I love what you have done.
Old 2/6/05, 07:20 PM
GT Member

definitely post the hood once you're done
Old 2/7/05, 04:51 PM

Sounds like you really have some great plans for mods. The car should perform great when your done. I sure as heck can appreciate your striving to make the car perform better and not just on acceleration. Good luck with the project.

Maybe I was a little harsh but at the end of the day we are all on the same side so go bust some gm's and imports tails!
Old 2/7/05, 05:00 PM
I'm people, and I like.

looks sweet
Old 2/8/05, 03:32 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by nomochevys@February 7, 2005, 5:54 PM
Sounds like you really have some great plans for mods. The car should perform great when your done. I sure as heck can appreciate your striving to make the car perform better and not just on acceleration. Good luck with the project.

Maybe I was a little harsh but at the end of the day we are all on the same side so go bust some gm's and imports tails!
Will do! Imports are my favorite kill.
Old 2/11/05, 02:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey Jay, your car looks great! Don't worry what the other fools have to say about YOUR car, do what YOU want to do. My girl is giving me a hard time about wanting stripes on my black '05 but it's what I have pictured in my head since I ordered this thing and that is the way I want it. Let them hate and sit at home polishing their bald dome pieces and not their rides. Anyway to the reason for my post. I know those are vinyl stripes and you had them professionally done in Vegas but you said you paid $35 for them? I am in the same position, just debating between an off white color, silver, or full on white. Is the quality of the stripes solid? I mean, no peeling or bubbles or tears or anything? Thanks man, and keep rockin the way you want to brotha!
Old 2/11/05, 02:41 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by drizztbob@February 11, 2005, 3:29 PM
Hey Jay, your car looks great! Don't worry what the other fools have to say about YOUR car, do what YOU want to do. My girl is giving me a hard time about wanting stripes on my black '05 but it's what I have pictured in my head since I ordered this thing and that is the way I want it. Let them hate and sit at home polishing their bald dome pieces and not their rides. Anyway to the reason for my post. I know those are vinyl stripes and you had them professionally done in Vegas but you said you paid $35 for them? I am in the same position, just debating between an off white color, silver, or full on white. Is the quality of the stripes solid? I mean, no peeling or bubbles or tears or anything? Thanks man, and keep rockin the way you want to brotha!
Thank's Bobby & Lalo I paid $450 dollars for the stripe job. That was the materials and the labor to install them. I'm not sure what the vinyl itself cost. Adrenalin could probably tell you, in fact I think he is putting vinyl kit's together to sell. You might want to shoot him a PM. I would diffinatley have them professionally installed, I stayed at the shop to "help out" and it was quite a job for sure. The quality of the vinyl is superb. The front bumper get's some rock chip's, but the nice part about it is the shop just replaces the front pieces for me! It actually protects the paint, and when the bumper pieces get chip's you can just replace them at little cost. Any of the color's you are considering will look sweet, and there are some fine examples on this site. Good luck with your decision, and post some pic's when your done!
Old 2/11/05, 03:03 PM
GT Member

Hay Jay
As a girl (women), I can tell you I love the stripes. I want to do detail on ours when it comes. Love the picture...Great!!!
It's your dream, as it is mine...
Old 2/11/05, 03:17 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by ALLMINE65@February 11, 2005, 4:06 PM
Hay Jay
As a girl (women), I can tell you I love the stripes. I want to do detail on ours when it comes. Love the picture...Great!!!
It's your dream, as it is mine...
Thank You! Welcome to the site