GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Pics:of My "Version" Of The "GT 500"

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/05, 05:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Justin Im impressed with what your doing, I can tell from your posts your in this way more than just the average owner tinkering around.You got my attension and lots of others too, good or bad. I like the idea of your hood scoops, I was thinking some one ought to come up with that. I guess I just am surprised with all the after market companies making stuff for our 05 that none of them have come up with this yet, and here you are , a car entusiast making it.

Yeah if you can keep the scoops profiles low like your talking, I think many owners would want them also. I think most comments I hear is no one wants to add phoney hood scoops that are just for looks.I think the CDC Mach 1 scoop looks great buts its basicly just for looks, pretty uselles I think! And like you say the stock hood already has a fairly high profile, really all it needs is scoops or basicly slots in the front to allow air in. THen the hard part is fabricating a way to channel that air to a wind box/air filter then to the intake. If you can make that work I got to beleive you could most deffinitely sell them and make some mod money. Not too shabby I'd say!
You say your having your side scoops that cover the small windows and a rear deck lid duck tail spoiler fabricated ? If you can make a faithful reproduction of the Shelby scoops and duct tail I'm sure you can sell a bunch of them also. Ill take some if they look as good as they sound! I say keep up the good work, If you can do a good job with what your making, and your going to all the trouble to have these body parts custom made, you should definitley look into producing them and selling them. You can see all the interest there is for parts.I do think the CDC duck tail is pretty close to what I want. I like the CDC chin spoiler, it looks good, but its not exactly what Im looking for.

I got to do some learning with this Adobe Photoshop v.8 I got so I can make some photos of what I want my car to look like. I think thats the program most people are using to make photos with. Then I can post them on this site.
Old 1/30/05, 10:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I was under the impression the CDC mach 1 shaker hood scoop was to be funtional, where did you hear it was for looks only?
Old 1/30/05, 10:52 AM
Cobra Member

WOW looks nice!! Even the retro "hood pins"! What size are your wheels and is your pony dark blue or black - hard to tell. I was at the local dealer yesterday and they have a white w/blue stripes on point - looks sweet too. I'm not generally a stripe fan - but man yours looks good......wonder what color would go best with my black GT - silver?? or white??

Your Pony looks good - I wonder if all the folks buying Camry's, Accords, etc. even get it - what it is to personalize your ride to your own tastes.....and make it a reflection of your idea of what a Mustang is all about.
Old 1/30/05, 05:08 PM

Your Pony looks good - I wonder if all the folks buying Camry's, Accords, etc. even get it - what it is to personalize your ride to your own tastes.....and make it a reflection of your idea of what a Mustang is all about.

I highly doubt the Camry/Accord crowd get it. Now, you might check with the Civic, Eclipse, Fart Can crowd and Im sure they would. May as well add some
Mach 1 stuff to round it all the way out.
Old 1/30/05, 08:20 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by runfox@January 30, 2005, 7:02 AM
Justin Im impressed with what your doing, I can tell from your posts your in this way more than just the average owner tinkering around.You got my attension and lots of others too, good or bad. I like the idea of your hood scoops, I was thinking some one ought to come up with that. I guess I just am surprised with all the after market companies making stuff for our 05 that none of them have come up with this yet, and here you are , a car entusiast making it.

Yeah if you can keep the scoops profiles low like your talking, I think many owners would want them also. I think most comments I hear is no one wants to add phoney hood scoops that are just for looks.I think the CDC Mach 1 scoop looks great buts its basicly just for looks, pretty uselles I think! And like you say the stock hood already has a fairly high profile, really all it needs is scoops or basicly slots in the front to allow air in. THen the hard part is fabricating a way to channel that air to a wind box/air filter then to the intake. If you can make that work I got to beleive you could most deffinitely sell them and make some mod money. Not too shabby I'd say!
You say your having your side scoops that cover the small windows and a rear deck lid duck tail spoiler fabricated ? If you can make a faithful reproduction of the Shelby scoops and duct tail I'm sure you can sell a bunch of them also. Ill take some if they look as good as they sound! I say keep up the good work, If you can do a good job with what your making, and your going to all the trouble to have these body parts custom made, you should definitley look into producing them and selling them. You can see all the interest there is for parts.I do think the CDC duck tail is pretty close to what I want. I like the CDC chin spoiler, it looks good, but its not exactly what Im looking for.

I got to do some learning with this Adobe Photoshop v.8 I got so I can make some photos of what I want my car to look like. I think thats the program most people are using to make photos with. Then I can post them on this site.
Thank's runfox, after work today I spent some more time on the hood design, and I think it's gonna work out real nice! When I was younger I worked in a fabrication shop where I worked with sheetmetal and aluminum for heavy machinery. I still remember a few tricks I guess! I'm waiting on the hood from Ford to continue the project. I think my design will deffinately have more functionality than the CDC shaker, for sure. One of the attributes that I admire most in Carrol Shelby is his ingenuity and abbility to make thing's happen. I try to carry that with me where ever I go, it has served me well.

The quarter window scoop's are being designed by JMS Product's out of New Jersey. I talked extensively with Jay from JMS and he sounded very receptive. I'm hopeing to hear from him this week on thier progress. What I would like is a scoop fashioned just like a 68 Shelby scoop. I dont want the scoop edges to go over the window lines. All the scoop's at the SEMA show took up the hole rear quarter area, just to much exess bulk, IMO.

I like the CDC ducktail also. I just think I'm going to have it molded so it dosen't look tacked on. Sorry for the confusion. I can work with metal but not urethane, or pastic's, I wouldn't know were to start...

That would be great if you learn photoshop! I would love to see your idea's for the Shelby style. As soon as I get pic's on any parts I'll post them for ya!! If you have any idea's let me know, we will put together some bad as* Ponies!!
Old 1/30/05, 08:34 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by HOTLAP@January 30, 2005, 11:55 AM
WOW looks nice!! Even the retro "hood pins"! What size are your wheels and is your pony dark blue or black - hard to tell. I was at the local dealer yesterday and they have a white w/blue stripes on point - looks sweet too. I'm not generally a stripe fan - but man yours looks good......wonder what color would go best with my black GT - silver?? or white??

Thank's HOTLAP! The wheels are stock 17" bullet's for now. The car is black w/white stripe's. As far as the stripe color it's a tough choice. Orthoguy has nice stripe's you can check out along with many others on here! Good luck...

Personalization is what it's all about...
Old 1/31/05, 08:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by runfox@January 30, 2005, 2:28 AM
With all the after market parts and mods out there, I have yet to see any of them accomplish a functional scoop. CDC has this good looking Mach 1 scoop but its basicly for looks only.
see that tube at the rear of the scoop that runs to the air filter??? yeah; it's functional.....
Old 1/31/05, 02:01 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
but that tube does not allow the air to be filtered, so what is the point in that? You can actually still see the factory flat filter is installed. Just look at the far left clip that holds the top of the air filter housing to the main body. You can see the orange/pink colour of the air filter gasket.
Old 1/31/05, 03:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

the air runs from the back of the scoop to the air filter then to the intake. Just like on all their other systems it runs to the factory air box first.

Great car VegasJay; I like the look of it but I would choose only one side emblem if it was mine
Old 1/31/05, 04:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

The front end shots of the car look good; I like the hood pins. The Cobra emblem and the GT 500 stripes look real tacky. I would at least remove the GT emblem and place the Cobra one in its original spot.
Old 1/31/05, 04:31 PM
V6 Member

Unbelievably beautiful!!
Old 1/31/05, 06:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Vegasjay, your car looks awesome ! Keep the mods coming. Thanks also for sharing so much information about how you do the mods, etc.
Old 1/31/05, 06:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by os121@January 31, 2005, 7:06 PM
Vegasjay, your car looks awesome ! Keep the mods coming. Thanks also for sharing so much information about how you do the mods, etc.
What he said!
Old 1/31/05, 08:28 PM
Cobra Member

Thank's everyone! I have decided to remove the GT emblems and put my snake's in thier place. I might as well go all the way and I think you guy's are right, it will look better that way. If any thing I've posted can help another member, it's all worth it.
Old 2/1/05, 02:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Vegasjay@January 31, 2005, 9:31 PM
Thank's everyone! I have decided to remove the GT emblems and put my snake's in thier place. I might as well go all the way and I think you guy's are right, it will look better that way. If any thing I've posted can help another member, it's all worth it.
Can you post some pics when you are done eliminating and relocating?
Old 2/1/05, 07:16 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Vegasjay@January 31, 2005, 9:31 PM
So did you figure out the where the holes are on the fender, will the snakes cover them up?
Old 2/1/05, 07:36 AM
Cobra Member

Car looks great!!! Keep us updated about the mods!
Old 2/1/05, 06:44 PM
Cobra Member

I think the snakes are going to cover them just fine. Does anyone know any trick's for takeing the emblems off? That 3-M tape is pretty serious stuff! I will deffinatley post new pic's when finished. Might be a little while if body work is gonna be involved It's gotta be perfect....
Old 2/1/05, 06:57 PM

Originally posted by Vegasjay@February 1, 2005, 7:47 PM
I think the snakes are going to cover them just fine. Does anyone know any trick's for takeing the emblems off? That 3-M tape is pretty serious stuff! I will deffinatley post new pic's when finished. Might be a little while if body work is gonna be involved It's gotta be perfect....

Use a heat gun if you can find one. Hobby stores have them for about 20 bucks, local body shops should have one if they will let you use it. Look forward to some info about what is under those GT emblems, just tape or are there holes?
Old 2/1/05, 07:04 PM
Cobra Member

I've heard that fishing line can be used to remove adhesive items. I haven't tried it, but it might be worth a try.