GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Pics:of My "Version" Of The "GT 500"

Search this Thread

Old 1/19/05, 06:15 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by steal101@January 19, 2005, 1:11 AM
You talked to JMS. Cool, did you like what they had to say?
Very much so!! I talked to Jim at JMS and they were very receptive. I told him about the SEMA show and I saw alot of gaps in parts i.e. enough with the 20" wheel's already I posted this coraspondance on this site and asked if any one in the New Jersey area could meet with Jim, to help them measure and record data to make part's (scoop's, grill's, hood's ect.) for the 05. Mavrick meet up with him and said it went very well, he even did a post on what everyone wanted to see for the 05 and took the list with him. Now we'll just have to wait and see what they come up with. I think I will call him tomorrow, and I'll post an update for you guy's!
Old 1/19/05, 06:28 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 2k5 pony@January 19, 2005, 7:17 AM
Awesome car Justin...I was wondering if you could give me some advice on your Steeda pedals. I ordered them with the new Triax and figured that would be the the easier of the two installs, not at all. After removing the rubber pedal covers there really isn't much material to work with. I noticed you said you only got three screws in, did you have to bend the pedals some? i could get two of the four holes lined up but ended up calling it quits. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks and again your car looks beautiful!!!!
Dennis: I did have to bend them slightly. I just used a vise and gently put a little more arch into them. As far as the screws I ditched the ones that came with the kit and got screws 1/4" longer and the next size bigger (can't remember size?). The new screws were harder metal also, the screws with the kit are weak. Just take your time and favor the pedals to one side or the other, that way you can get 3 good screw's in You will just have to move them around slightly until you can line up the 3 screw's. They will be on there plenty good w/3 trust me! BTW: Make sure you drill piolit holes or they will never go on...
Old 1/19/05, 10:00 PM

I just have a question why do people put GT 500 decals on the cars?
Old 1/19/05, 10:03 PM
FR500 Member

Because they feel like it.....read much?
Old 1/20/05, 12:32 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by voidedwarrenties@January 19, 2005, 11:03 PM
Probably the same reason I put GT 350 on my car....because I can.

Sort of like the honda I was behind yesterday had "My weiner is big enough that I don't need a corvette". I wonder how many people frowned at him.

Edit: Darn weiner actually was d!ck
Old 1/20/05, 07:51 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by voidedwarrenties@January 19, 2005, 11:03 PM
Good post.....
Old 1/21/05, 11:48 AM

Vegasjay,
I think the GT500 is fine, I put GT350 on my car and it is also on my 66 Coupe, noone has ever said anything to me about it, unless it was a compliment. I am installing the FRPP hood pins today and just wanted to say thanks for all the great pics. You and I have similar tastes in aftermarket mods, what's next so I can know how much money I need to save? I also am waiting on my Steeda engine mounts to install the headers. The car goes in the paint shop on Monday for the top stripes. I am taking pics of several cars along with some dimensions for a starting point. Keep up the good work, although there are a few people who want to post negatively I believe that most of us enjoy looking at your car and reading your posts!
Old 1/26/05, 03:48 PM
Cobra Member

Thank's dhof303. I can't wait to see your hood when it is painted! This will help me determine the direction I will go with the hood. I'm considering buying another hood from Ford and moding it myself? Are you going to run the full length Shelby stripes on the cowl hood? I think it will look fantastic! I also ordered the Steeda engine mounts, I picked up a slight rattle at about 2500 RPM's when I installed the headers. I hope these mount's help, but I'm afraid over time the solid Steeda mounts may cause more rattles as they won't have the vibration dampening effect that the stock mounts do. I'd rather have rattles I guess than a broken motor mount! As far as my next mod it's going to be the C&L performance intake, with the Diablo predator tuner. I think it will be interesting to see the difference between that combo and the MMR/SCT set up. I will post all my experiences with it so we will really know which combo is better (I pre-ordered it last week, should ship Feb 1st). I think I'm going to wait a little on the Suppercharger until some good data is out. I don't want to spend 5k to only "grenade" my motor. I have a bad feeling were going to have to swap pistons for the forged variety, not sure yet though?? Can't wait to see your pic's!!!! It's going to turn out sweet!!!

BTW: Did you also get the Off-Road H-Pipe?? and if so does it have sensor bung's on it? if so were are they located? I'm waiting for info from JBA......
Old 1/28/05, 10:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Man.... you really cheesed up that car :bang:
Old 1/28/05, 12:35 PM

Jay, the car looks great not quite the look im going to be shooting for with mine but its what you love and thats all that matters, just remember this old saying my football coach used to tell me:

"Personal Opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one and most of them stink"

Keep up the great work.

Joe F.
Old 1/28/05, 02:21 PM

How did the insallation of the hood pins go? I really want them on my black '05 but I'm cautious about putting holes in my beautiful hood. Whats the best way to get them done? Any closeups of the pins? and how do you like them?
Old 1/28/05, 09:45 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by tech@January 28, 2005, 11:57 AM
Man.... you really cheesed up that car :bang:
Let me guess you drive a civic.....Right
Old 1/28/05, 10:22 PM
Cobra Member

[attachmentid=10631]
Originally posted by FullautoM4@January 28, 2005, 3:24 PM
How did the insallation of the hood pins go? I really want them on my black '05 but I'm cautious about putting holes in my beautiful hood. Whats the best way to get them done? Any closeups of the pins? and how do you like them?
I like them very well! I'll PM you with detailed instructions.
Old 1/29/05, 10:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by FullautoM4@January 28, 2005, 3:24 PM

Nope, '05 GT just like you. But, I didn't put a bunch of kaka on it and make it look like a rolling circus. Did you think about 30 years from now (if you still have it) when you have it in a show or driving it down the street and you drive by and people say, "wow, look it's a 2005 mustang, but it looks like crap". Stay original, vegas flash doesn't belong on a stang....hippy.
Old 1/29/05, 10:57 AM
Cobra Member

Nope, '05 GT just like you. But, I didn't put a bunch of kaka on it and make it look like a rolling circus. Did you think about 30 years from now (if you still have it) when you have it in a show or driving it down the street and you drive by and people say, "wow, look it's a 2005 mustang, but it looks like crap". Stay original, vegas flash doesn't belong on a stang....hippy.
[/quote]

Where are the pic's of your GT?? I know I'm wasteing my time with this, but what the heck... Out of all the people I've encountered, they all enjoy this car. I guess there was bound to be one turd out there.....I fail to see how building my car up like a classic Shelby constitutes a "Rolling Circus"... But that's O.K. Tech to each thier own right. I have an idea... Why don't you come on by to Vegas and we will run at the dragstrip... If you win, which you won't, but let's (for fun's sake) say you do. I'll remove all my "Vegasflash".... If I win, well I guess you'll still just be a turd...Oh what the heck, I'll do it just for the sake of spank'n ya!! Rock on.....Turd
Old 1/29/05, 11:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Vegasjay,January 29, 2005, 12:00 PM

Where are the pic's of your GT?? I know I'm wasteing my time with this, but what the heck... Out of all the people I've encountered, they all enjoy this car. I guess there was bound to be one turd out there.....I fail to see how building my car up like a classic Shelby constitutes a "Rolling Circus"... But that's O.K. Tech to each thier own right. I have an idea... Why don't you come on by to Vegas and we will run at the dragstrip... If you win, which you won't, but let's (for fun's sake) say you do. I'll remove all my "Vegasflash".... If I win, well I guess you'll still just be a turd...Oh what the heck, I'll do it just for the sake of spank'n ya!! Rock on.....Turd
[/quote]

you're like a child...You know nothing about my car. And, if you drive as badly as your car looks, which I'm sure you do, there would be no competition.

You just can't handle any criticism. Everyone wants to hold you're hand and be like, "yeah, it's pretty nice man...but it's not my cup of tea" or whatever, well I think it's friggin' ugly and if you brought it to a show you'd get a lot of the same. Just take the criticism like a man and quit trying to threaten me in a chat room.

By the way...turd? You're a redneck hippy. Why didn't you get a picture of the trailer you live in behind you're "GT 500". How many meals did that car set back your family. I'm done with you.
Old 1/29/05, 11:17 AM
Bullitt Member

I'll keep it civil. By the way, here's my car.
Old 1/29/05, 11:44 AM
Cobra Member

[/quote]

you're like a child...You know nothing about my car. And, if you drive as badly as your car looks, which I'm sure you do, there would be no competition.

You just can't handle any criticism. Everyone wants to hold you're hand and be like, "yeah, it's pretty nice man...but it's not my cup of tea" or whatever, well I think it's friggin' ugly and if you brought it to a show you'd get a lot of the same. Just take the criticism like a man and quit trying to threaten me in a chat room.

By the way...turd? You're a redneck hippy. Why didn't you get a picture of the trailer you live in behind you're "GT 500". How many meals did that car set back your family. I'm done with you.
[/quote]

Hey tech, you've got it all wrong. I don't at all mind "constructive" critisism... at all. All you did was take the time to jump on here and say it looks like poo poo....WTF what did you expect??? Your the one who attaked me on a personal level "hippy"... I mean really, that's childish and lame. Your nothing more than an "Internet Rambo". And I would imagine from your thoughtful and enlightening post's your a "Yuppie" scumbag as well....I may not know anything about your car, but you sure as heck don't know anything about me...Have a nice day! BTW: your still welcome to come to Sin City "anytime"....You can put your car where your mouth is...
Old 1/29/05, 11:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tech,January 29, 2005, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by Vegasjay,January 29, 2005, 12:00 PM
Nope, '05 GT just like you. But, I didn't put a bunch of sh!t on it and make it look like a rolling circus. Did you think about 30 years from now (if you still have it) when you have it in a show or driving it down the street and you drive by and people say, "wow, look it's a 2005 mustang, but it looks like crap". Stay original, vegas flash doesn't belong on a stang....hippy.

[/quote]
Man, Tech, you are way out of line here, I dont know where you were raised or where you live, but you have got constructive critisism and honest opinions mixed up with destructive critisism and derogatory comments, very mixed up dude, have you ever heard of TACT? Lets not forget, your first comment to start all this was "you really cheesed up your car", totally uncalled for in my opinion! Maybe if you have nothing good to say you should just shut up! :nono:
Old 1/29/05, 12:05 PM

Anytime you add stickers and emblems to a Mustang to represent something it is really NOT be prepared to be critisized for it. It may fly in the import scene but not here and I personally feel this forum is way more forgiving than most by a long shot.