GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Oh yes.... the BMR & Steeda Group Purchase is back!

Search this Thread

Old 6/14/07, 08:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, my shipment arrived. sort of. box 1 of 1 was the part you forgot to order the first time around. my strut tower brace. plus, it is the wrong strut tower brace!!! i cant believe this nightmare. i set aside time to have my suspension installed last week and i cant even put it on this week.... or probably next week for that matter.

i am still missing my struts, springs, and shocks which supposedly went out 4 days before the strut brace went out. i really wish i never saw this thread in the first place.
Old 6/14/07, 09:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

CR,

I spoke with my credit card company today, they havent recieved a credit yet for my order. Just wanted to make sure that you did infact cancel my order, perhaps it is being held up by your bank. Just checking in

Fitz.
Old 6/14/07, 09:42 PM
Former Vendor

Gary,

I send out the brace, and then the Steeda ProAction Shocks and Struts, a day later. There was no forgot to order, it was on back order from Steeda and shipped via Fedex. Because of the truck freight mixup, the brace ended up showing up first, and that's why it went out first.

You asked for the Steeda Steel strut tower brace. The 555-5718. Isn't that what showed up? The other brace is a $300+ billet aluminum brace. I'm confused?

You have tracking numbers on everything. You're in Hawaii as well. I gave you free shipping to the door which NO vendor offers out of the continental US. It's a 6-day trip accross the US to you.

If the strut tower brace isn't the steel strut tower brace, let me know now and we can get it picked up, and another one sent out to you.

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 6/14/07, 09:43 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Lokius
CR,

I spoke with my credit card company today, they havent recieved a credit yet for my order. Just wanted to make sure that you did infact cancel my order, perhaps it is being held up by your bank. Just checking in

Fitz.
Fitz,

Hey bud. Check your statement tomorrow morning. I saw that it was pending today and called on it, and it should run through tomorrow during the day. We just changed merchant providers, and they say it takes 3 business days. Sorry again, we'll do business in the future!

Thanks!
CR
Old 6/15/07, 02:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
Gary,

I send out the brace, and then the Steeda ProAction Shocks and Struts, a day later. There was no forgot to order, it was on back order from Steeda and shipped via Fedex. Because of the truck freight mixup, the brace ended up showing up first, and that's why it went out first.

You asked for the Steeda Steel strut tower brace. The 555-5718. Isn't that what showed up? The other brace is a $300+ billet aluminum brace. I'm confused?

You have tracking numbers on everything. You're in Hawaii as well. I gave you free shipping to the door which NO vendor offers out of the continental US. It's a 6-day trip accross the US to you.

If the strut tower brace isn't the steel strut tower brace, let me know now and we can get it picked up, and another one sent out to you.

CR
Tillman Speed
last week i called you telling you that i wanted to cancel my order because it was taking too long. you said that i couldnt because it has already gone out about 3 days prior but that you couldnt provide a tracking number to me. i said, so the shocks, struts, springs, and strut brace went out? you said, "no i didnt send out the strut brace. i will send it out today or tomorrow." so why is it now that the shocks and stuff went out a day after the strut brace? i could have cancelled my order then.

555-5718 was delivered. which is the v6 strut brace. it says so on the packaging. i wanted the gt strut brace 555-5716. i will keep what you sent. i heard that the v6 will work fine. will just be less hood clearance than the gt brace.

so, i can expect the rest of my shipment tomorrow then? is that correct? or i would guess saturday at the latest?

i know that you said you would only charge me $10 shipping, which i am grateful for. it is just that this whole experience keeps going from bad to worse. at this point i would have rather paid the extra $40 shipping and have received my parts 3 weeks ago.

i am just so frustrated. still trying to remain positive. just getting harder and harder to do so.
Old 6/15/07, 03:51 AM
Former Vendor

My shipping guy said when you origininally called that you were one of the people we shipped out on the first batch of springs/shocks so thats where I based my info. I'm glad the brace will work out for you. However, I do want to show you that the 555-5716 has superceded and is now the same part as the 555-5718. Here is a few links to prove it from Steeda's site.

http://www.steeda.com/products/s197_...ak_stage_2.php
http://www.steeda.com/products/steed...ower_brace.php

Fits Vehicle Model:
Ford Mustang GT 4.6L V8, V6

We got you the correct parts. We shipped them out THE MINUTE they were at our door. We gave you a great price. I know you had to wait an extra 4-5 business days, and that was our fault. We took the hit for it in the thread even though it was truck freight. I still feel you have no reason to be frustrated. On top of that, we didn't charge you ANY shipping. UPS was over $120 dollars to you. The shipment was like 90 lbs total between the three packages. We LOST money on your sale. But we still did it because it's good promotion. I'm not complaining, I'm just telling you where I'm coming from.

Thank you sir, sorry for the bad experience. Should you choose to do business with us again in the future... everything is in stock for same-day shipping.

CR