GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Next round of mods coming......

Search this Thread

Old 5/23/07, 06:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Driver's side manifold removed, new shortie test fitted. Need to remove the dipstick, install new studs in the headers, and then finish install. Hope to have done tomorrow.

Now, if only SUBZERO would ship me the MGW shifter I paid for LAST WEEK or atleast even return my PM's.
Old 5/23/07, 06:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Driver's side manifold removed, new shortie test fitted. Need to remove the dipstick, install new studs in the headers, and then finish install. Hope to have done tomorrow.

Now, if only SUBZERO would ship me the MGW shifter I paid for LAST WEEK or atleast even return my PM's.

Old 5/23/07, 09:31 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow Tom, when the hell did you get a vortech supercharger! That's so awesome dude. I'm jealous. How do you like it? That thing's gotta rip!!
Old 5/24/07, 05:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 2005sonicBOOST
Wow Tom, when the hell did you get a vortech supercharger! That's so awesome dude. I'm jealous. How do you like it? That thing's gotta rip!!

Hey Adam- where you been the last 2 months ??

The Vortech is doing fine.... it's been pretty awesome so far. Shoot me a PM sometime, we'll catch up.
Old 5/24/07, 06:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
How's the install coming????????
Scott
Old 5/24/07, 08:42 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah SLOWPOKE - WTF........

Old 5/24/07, 08:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well today I finally found some new flange bolts- finding metric 12m with a 1.75 pitch here in Decatur was a biotch- finally got some at the last place I went too (thankfully).

Worked on the car for 1.5 hours tonight, and got the driver's side header installed. Had to raise the engine slightly, remove the motor mount and dipstick, and disconnect the steering shaft. Then, the header went right in other than the fact that it would NOT go in with the 02 sensor installed, so I had to install the header and then snake up and install the sensor. The worse part was, because of the design of these headers, I had to get all the nuts started before I could tighten any single one because when the header is flat against the block, there is not enough room between the studs and the exhaust tubes to get the nut onto the stud- talk about a tightass fit!!

Anyway, it's installed and tightened, the motor mount reinstalled, dipstick reinstalled, steering shaft reattached, and 02 sensor not only installed but plugged in LOL. Tomorrow, the pass side header should be a breeze, really. I should have it wrapped up in an hour.

Total header time: approx. 5 hours by myself, no help at all, and on a creeper and jackstands.

Also side note: the MGW shifter is supposed to be here by 3pm tomorrow, so barring something completely stupid happening I should be back on the road by Saturday morning! Oh wait, still gotta paint the calipers and get the cam covers powdercoated... LOL!
Old 5/24/07, 10:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well today I finally found some new flange bolts- finding metric 12m with a 1.75 pitch here in Decatur was a biotch- finally got some at the last place I went too (thankfully).

Worked on the car for 1.5 hours tonight, and got the driver's side header installed. Had to raise the engine slightly, remove the motor mount and dipstick, and disconnect the steering shaft. Then, the header went right in other than the fact that it would NOT go in with the 02 sensor installed, so I had to install the header and then snake up and install the sensor. The worse part was, because of the design of these headers, I had to get all the nuts started before I could tighten any single one because when the header is flat against the block, there is not enough room between the studs and the exhaust tubes to get the nut onto the stud- talk about a tightass fit!!

Anyway, it's installed and tightened, the motor mount reinstalled, dipstick reinstalled, steering shaft reattached, and 02 sensor not only installed but plugged in LOL. Tomorrow, the pass side header should be a breeze, really. I should have it wrapped up in an hour.

Total header time: approx. 5 hours by myself, no help at all, and on a creeper and jackstands.

Also side note: the MGW shifter is supposed to be here by 3pm tomorrow, so barring something completely stupid happening I should be back on the road by Saturday morning! Oh wait, still gotta paint the calipers and get the cam covers powdercoated... LOL!
good stuff. cant wait for pictures
Old 5/25/07, 07:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Burke0011
yeah SLOWPOKE - WTF........

LOL, you must have posted this while I was typing my last post, 'cause I didn't see it last night.

Got your 4.10s in yet, pansy??

Anyway, should have some pix and crap posted tonight- atleast of the headers and shifter.
Old 5/25/07, 07:42 AM
Big Falken Tires

LOL, you must have posted this while I was typing my last post, 'cause I didn't see it last night.

Got your 4.10s in yet, pansy??

Anyway, should have some pix and crap posted tonight- atleast of the headers and shifter.
You need me to drive up there and lend ya a hand?

Yeah good deal man - I wanna see pics.

Don't need 4.10s
You'll see when I get the car to the track and match or beat your time... on street tires
Old 5/25/07, 08:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm looking fwd to the passenger side after completing the driver side. I'm glad I got it out of the way first.
Old 5/25/07, 08:56 AM
Cobra Member

Now that you know what to do when installing the headers, the passenger side should go quickly.
Old 5/25/07, 09:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Don't need 4.10s
You'll see when I get the car to the track and match or beat your time... on street tires
Let me tell you something- the 17" BFG drag radials didn't hook any better than my 18" Nitto 555s. I would gaurantee that I can run just as fast if not faster with more practice on my street tires. Don't make me come down to the swamp and prove it, pal.
Old 5/25/07, 09:45 AM
Big Falken Tires

Don't make me come down to the swamp and prove it, pal.
............why not???
I told you I would love to get pics of the Stangs together.........
I'll even buy the beer.......

[and seriously, I have no doubt that you can improve on those on street rubber bro

- as far as my ride goes, before last weekend I would have said street tires were useless on my car on the strip with the wheelspin I get on a serious launch - well I haven't had an all out shakedown yet since the BMR LCA and relocation bracket install just last weekend - but I am sure I can tell the DECREASE in spin - trying to get that left turn noise taken care of, when I was pulling out of the parking lot I was doing my tight testing turns in, I got on it pretty decently two or three times - once from a dead stop and once in first at like 5mph - and I didn't get the wheelspin I would have normally gotten before - she planted/squatted and WENT - so now I am looking forward to getting her to the 1/4 to see what she can do.]
Old 5/25/07, 11:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

............why not???
I told you I would love to get pics of the Stangs together.........
I'll even buy the beer.......

[and seriously, I have no doubt that you can improve on those on street rubber bro

- as far as my ride goes, before last weekend I would have said street tires were useless on my car on the strip with the wheelspin I get on a serious launch - well I haven't had an all out shakedown yet since the BMR LCA and relocation bracket install just last weekend - but I am sure I can tell the DECREASE in spin - trying to get that left turn noise taken care of, when I was pulling out of the parking lot I was doing my tight testing turns in, I got on it pretty decently two or three times - once from a dead stop and once in first at like 5mph - and I didn't get the wheelspin I would have normally gotten before - she planted/squatted and WENT - so now I am looking forward to getting her to the 1/4 to see what she can do.]

Excellent, keep us posted!
Old 5/26/07, 10:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Going to continue this in a new thread- coming soon.