GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

my first dyno run

Search this Thread

Old 10/29/05, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here is the sheet...look in my sig for my performance updates..i am pretty happy with the outcome...can i give a "shout out"?...LFP you are the bomb!...can i get a discount on my next order..lol...i know i put you on the spot, pm me with your reply...lol...hmmmmmmmmmmm what should be my next mod...(after the holiday season that is...)..btw, i bumped my rev limiter up to 6.8K, max hp occures at about 6.2K...i forgot to ask this: at the 6.4k mark you notice that the HP drops immediatly, what causes this...or was that the point at which he took his foot off the pedal?

Old 10/29/05, 03:07 PM
Bullitt Member

The rev limiter is right there so he probably just took his foot off. Those are good numbers for your mods.
Old 10/29/05, 03:54 PM

This is much better than my run with the same mods. What octane did you tune for? I tuned with 87 and the tuner felt he left much on the table timing wise.
Old 10/29/05, 04:59 PM

hmmmmmmm...while trying to sort out my problems with the LFP TB someone (i forgot who) told me about the MAF adjustment, which basically looks at the percentage of your long term fuel trim and adjusts it accordingly...on your predator under your WOT readings it looks something like this:
longtft1
longtft2
mine with the stock tune showed a reading of +5
i went into the modify tune and added 5 ticks to my maf percentage..BINGO!..the next time i did a diagnostics it was dead on 0%...i also am running the 93 octane tune..as i had stated in an earlier post you are only adding about $3.20 to the price when you add 93 octane instead of 87...and i also bumped my rev limiter up to 6.8k..that is all i did to the canned tune to get those results..keep in mind that i did not let the car cool down before it was dynoed..i drove from my house about 30 miles away and put it on as soon as i got there...i am not scared to play with my predator at all...as i learn more i will push more buttons trust me...that's the only way to learn
Old 10/29/05, 07:40 PM
Bullitt Member

No timing added?
Old 10/29/05, 07:58 PM

none other than what came with the canned tuned from C&L...sooooooooo, you can adjust the timing huh?..how? what is the ideal setting i am looking for?..can you also bump up the A/F ratio?
Old 10/29/05, 09:58 PM

Originally posted by Shifty@October 29, 2005, 9:43 PM
No timing added?
In my case, the tuner did add some timing, just indicated he was limiting it somewhat because of the 87 octane. Basically indicated that he was going to be conservative (which I appreciate) if I'm going to generally run 87 octane. I don't recall the exact settings.
Old 10/29/05, 11:08 PM

Originally posted by 1st Stang@October 29, 2005, 11:01 PM
In my case, the tuner did add some timing, just indicated he was limiting it somewhat because of the 87 octane. Basically indicated that he was going to be conservative (which I appreciate) if I'm going to generally run 87 octane. I don't recall the exact settings.
so you have a custom tune for your car..what prompted you to get a custom tune instead of using the canned tune and tweaking it from there...i am curious because the place where i did the dyno run said they could squeeze even more HP out of my car...i was wondering is it worth 250 for them to do it...how much more can they possibly improve the hp? do you have a baseline figure as well as the end results? if so what was the hp with the canned tune prior to letting your tuner work his magic?
Old 10/30/05, 06:50 AM

Originally posted by Tilden's 06@October 30, 2005, 1:11 AM
so you have a custom tune for your car..what prompted you to get a custom tune instead of using the canned tune and tweaking it from there...i am curious because the place where i did the dyno run said they could squeeze even more HP out of my car...i was wondering is it worth 250 for them to do it...how much more can they possibly improve the hp? do you have a baseline figure as well as the end results? if so what was the hp with the canned tune prior to letting your tuner work his magic?
Yes, I have a custom tune. Was mainly concerned about optimizing the setup and insuring the AFR was correct since I through the TB into the mix. Would have cost significantly less than the $250 your referring to but halfway through, ran into problems with the TB (spring tension apparently) and spent allot of time (> 3 hours) trying to trouble shoot failsafe mode. Still ended up less than what your quoting by a significant margin.

In the attached, blue is baseline, bone stock. Red the baseline with the C&L MAF (93 Octane) tune less 4 degrees global spark. You can see was clearly running on the lean side. Kind of makes you wonder how anyone advertises 25+ rwhp with CAI. :scratch: Finally, in green, the final tune.