GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

My experience with Tillman Speed and Granatelli

Search this Thread

Old 12/12/08, 10:15 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feb first might be a GREAT day for a show! I'll update you in early Jan!

Chris
Old 12/13/08, 10:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm anxiously awaiting the new website. I think Tillman Speed is really going to take off even more when the new website is fully functional. Since I am on the west coast, I don't have the option of going to Tillman, much as I would like to, and I like the option of simply ordering what I want easily once I have already done my homework. I'm sure it will take some of the burden off of the employees allowing them more time to interact with customers who are undecided on a direction. It is also good to see a company expanding and growing given the economy.
Old 12/13/08, 03:13 PM
Bullitt Member

The consolidation of the two shops will be a big + for everyone concerned. I'm glad I can help out.
Old 12/13/08, 04:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hey CR maybe now you can get me some of those decals, i still need one for my car
Old 12/15/08, 08:36 AM
Cobra Member

I'd be up for a car show at Tillman!
Old 12/19/08, 05:39 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
Very fair analysis of what happened. I wish I could have better helped you out in this situation. I am glad it finally got straightened away. I know it sounds like a lame excuse, but alot of the time the customers actually need to intervene. Manufacturers are usually scared of the retail customers when they start to get mad. They're done trying to please us once we spend that initial few thousand on the buy in! Sad world!

Thanks again for everyone's understanding. We've been extremely busy since we decided to open our second facilities. Here is what's in line business-wise at Tillman Speed and I think you'll notice it's going to change things for the better quite a bit!

1) Fully Functional Online Order System / Website Revamping - By End of January
2) Merging Both Facilities January 1st (Yes, 3 Weeks Away!) to our Dyno Facilities - Will Eliminate Multiple #'s and Commuting Between
3) Another Tech, Another Bay - Alleviate Packed Install Schedule - By End of January
4) Another Phone Sales Rep - Will Have To Train for S197 Knowledge, So Bear With Us!!!

This will free up alot of my schedule, and everyone will see a NEW Tillman Speed by February 1st 09 (GRAND REOPENING)! Again THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Jeff, Rusty, Paul, Alex, Drew, all of our regular supporters! We appreciate it and will ABSOLUTELY take care of everyone once we've gone through this transitional phase. We didn't know that we'd still be moving in to our facilities a full YEAR after it's grand opening!

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed Inc.
www.TillmanSpeed.com
610-497-5776
We support our customers and their customers...
Old 1/1/09, 06:30 PM
Bullitt Member

UPDATE: Granatelli has opted to provide bushings and hardware that will work with the existing FRPP sway bars that I have and Joey Granatelli told me on 12/20/08 that they would do this if I had not shipped the existing bars and hardware back. I packed everything up, which was a PITA, but I was waiting for a call tag from them first. So, hopefully the new hardware and bushings will arrive in the not too distant future. I will report on the product and install then. It is the holidays and I imagine every vendor is probably busy.
Old 1/1/09, 06:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Feb first might be a GREAT day for a show! I'll update you in early Jan!

Chris
Hey CR, I totally forgot, Its Super Bowl Sunday that day and that is always a hectic day to get parties ready. If your going to do a show, how about the following Sunday the 8th? Just a thought.
Old 1/1/09, 11:03 PM
Former Vendor

Just so we are all on the same page. Granatelli does offer 2 different sets of sway bars. Granatelli is on plant shut down until jan 5th - we are on this

Last edited by Granatelli; 1/2/09 at 10:31 AM.
Old 1/1/09, 11:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Very fair analysis of what happened. I wish I could have better helped you out in this situation. I am glad it finally got straightened away. I know it sounds like a lame excuse, but alot of the time the customers actually need to intervene. Manufacturers are usually scared of the retail customers when they start to get mad. They're done trying to please us once we spend that initial few thousand on the buy in! Sad world!

Thanks again for everyone's understanding. We've been extremely busy since we decided to open our second facilities. Here is what's in line business-wise at Tillman Speed and I think you'll notice it's going to change things for the better quite a bit!

1) Fully Functional Online Order System / Website Revamping - By End of January
2) Merging Both Facilities January 1st (Yes, 3 Weeks Away!) to our Dyno Facilities - Will Eliminate Multiple #'s and Commuting Between
3) Another Tech, Another Bay - Alleviate Packed Install Schedule - By End of January
4) Another Phone Sales Rep - Will Have To Train for S197 Knowledge, So Bear With Us!!!

This will free up alot of my schedule, and everyone will see a NEW Tillman Speed by February 1st 09 (GRAND REOPENING)! Again THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Jeff, Rusty, Paul, Alex, Drew, all of our regular supporters! We appreciate it and will ABSOLUTELY take care of everyone once we've gone through this transitional phase. We didn't know that we'd still be moving in to our facilities a full YEAR after it's grand opening!

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed Inc.
www.TillmanSpeed.com
610-497-5776
No problem CR! I am glad to be ONE of MANY satisfied customers of Tillman Speed. I, just like Jeff, proudly adorn my "Custom Tuning by Tillman Speed" stickers on my quarter windows.

I will have to stop by sometime soon, but ever since I started my new job, my hours tend to vary because of the shift work. I am planning on finishing her before the summer kicks in...Hot Rod Cams, Kooks LT's, Delete Plates and the TCI Rachet Shifter among others HAHA.

Here's to a wonderful 2009 and continue to make us S197 owners a bunch of happy campers!

EDIT: CR & Jeff...keep me in the loop if there will be any car shows. I'd love to attend one of these. I have your mobile number Jeff, so I will shoot you a text or something.

Last edited by CrazyGreek89; 1/1/09 at 11:32 PM.
Old 1/2/09, 10:35 AM
Former Vendor

It is nice to see loyal customers. I hope this ends happy for all.
Old 1/4/09, 04:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Granatelli
Just so we are all on the same page. Granatelli does offer 2 different sets of sway bars. Granatelli is on plant shut down until jan 5th - we are on this
Out of curiosity, what are the differences between the two products you offer? Is one a Granatelli home brand and the other from somebody else or do you offer two different styles both by Granatelli? I only see one type on the website. I've been curious as to the difference between the two rear styles, one being the stock type with the ends that are bent outward and end up directly in the bushing and the other style that has the adjustable holes in the flat ends that then use a bolt that goes into the bushing. Differences?
Old 1/4/09, 11:01 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 07 GT/CS
Out of curiosity, what are the differences between the two products you offer? Is one a Granatelli home brand and the other from somebody else or do you offer two different styles both by Granatelli? I only see one type on the website. I've been curious as to the difference between the two rear styles, one being the stock type with the ends that are bent outward and end up directly in the bushing and the other style that has the adjustable holes in the flat ends that then use a bolt that goes into the bushing. Differences?
When we first introduce the sway bar sets in 2004 for the 2005 models.

The parts pictured above were made for us to our specs and you will note how unique they look with multi adjustments. Then Steeda, Eibach and FRT started pushing the generic style and in an effort to offer a less expensive version - we started offering that style as well.

The sway bars above cost twice as much to make, actually worked much better (but I can't say twice) and therefore sell for twice as much.

Your question is your answer - the above pictured is move adjustable, lighter when installed and more ridged so they just do their job better,

However, if you do your search you will note that everyone "claims" the new S197 does not need an upgraded swaybar. This hindered overall sales so we needed to come up with the same old cost effective style sway bars that everyone sold. That is why the bars pictured above sold for $450 a set and the other version we sell that lloks like everyone else's are only $200.00 a set. At $200 a set they are by far the best buy of the new year.
Old 1/4/09, 11:08 AM
Former Vendor

support parts

2005-2009 Mustang Billet Sway Bar Mount

• Fits 2005-09 Mustang GT and V-6
  • Direct OEM replacement
  • Eliminate flex from sway bar and improves handling
  • Billet 6061-T6 aluminum construction
  • Re-uses factory hardware (bushings are also available separately)
  • Installs in approximately 15 minutes using basic hand tools

2005-2009 Mustang Sway Bar End Link Assembly, Front - GT/V-6

• Fits 2005-09 Mustang GT and V-6
  • Direct OEM replacement
  • Adjustable end links provide infinite tuning for front & rear sway bars
  • HD steel construction
  • Durable anodized finish (front)
  • Includes all necessary hardware
  • Installs in approximately 30-45 minutes (front or rear) using basic hand tools
Old 1/4/09, 11:28 AM
Cobra Member

Great write-up! So what if the post is long? It is very articulate and descriptive.

Most transactions aren't perfect, but what really matters is how the situation is handled. I've been both pleased and disappointed in my experiences with vendors over the past year. I try to get through them, and they shape my decisions on who will continue to receive my patronage. If someone is not supportive, tries to shirk responsibility, or doesn't apply proper attention to detail, they can keep the money from the current deal because they won't see any additional business. On the other hand, a vendor that does the opposite can count on repeat visits for whichever of my vehicles they support!
Old 1/4/09, 01:28 PM
Bullitt Member

When I placed my order with Tillman, I assumed I was getting the above sway bars. Chris had a good deal going and so I decided to try the Granatelli bars instead of my original plan of getting the FRPP bars. When mine arrived, they obviously didn't look like the above but had the same brackets as the above. I wish I would have known from the start that Granatelli sold two different bars. The website only shows one set of bars for the 05 and up Mustang so I naturally assumed I would be getting the above. I fault everyone all the way around on this one. I should probably have asked more questions when I had the conversation with Chris at Tillman, Chris probably should have explained which bars I was getting, assuming he knew Granatelli sold two different sets, and the Granatelli website should have both sets listed with both prices. When Chris offered me the Granatelli bars, I went to their website and there is only one set shown so of course I assumed that was the set I was getting. As I explained earlier, the existing bars I have mic out to the same specs as the Eibach/FRPP bars, as well as look identical to those bars. This still leaves me with the question, what bars did I get? Who makes the bars that I got? Did I get Eibach/FRPP bars then or a copy of their design instead? Now I have more questions than answers on what I am putting on my car. If I don't have FRPP bars as I assumed, I would like to know what the construction of my bars is then.
Old 1/5/09, 05:30 PM
Former Vendor

When I placed my order with Tillman, I assumed I was getting the above sway bars. Chris had a good deal going and so I decided to try the Granatelli bars instead of my original plan of getting the FRPP bars. When mine arrived, they obviously didn't look like the above but had the same brackets as the above. I wish I would have known from the start that Granatelli sold two different bars. The website only shows one set of bars for the 05 and up Mustang so I naturally assumed I would be getting the above. I fault everyone all the way around on this one. I should probably have asked more questions when I had the conversation with Chris at Tillman, Chris probably should have explained which bars I was getting, assuming he knew Granatelli sold two different sets, and the Granatelli website should have both sets listed with both prices. When Chris offered me the Granatelli bars, I went to their website and there is only one set shown so of course I assumed that was the set I was getting. As I explained earlier, the existing bars I have mic out to the same specs as the Eibach/FRPP bars, as well as look identical to those bars. This still leaves me with the question, what bars did I get? Who makes the bars that I got? Did I get Eibach/FRPP bars then or a copy of their design instead? Now I have more questions than answers on what I am putting on my car. If I don't have FRPP bars as I assumed, I would like to know what the construction of my bars is then.
I need you rshipping address - please email me or PM ASAP

The quality of the bar construction did not go down just the design. When I set Tillman up as a dealer, we sent him the bars he could sell most economically - sorry I assume the mistake
Old 1/6/09, 04:58 PM
Bullitt Member

E-mail sent. So, the bars I have now are a copy of the FRPP/Eibach design then but not actually FRPP/Eibach bars then I am assuming? I want to make sure I am happy with the quality of the construction in terms of quality of steel, thickness, etc. I would like to be confident that the parts I am putting on will make me happy but the lack of information on what I have makes me skittish.

Last edited by 07 GT/CS; 1/6/09 at 05:23 PM.
Old 1/6/09, 06:56 PM
Former Vendor

E-mail sent. So, the bars I have now are a copy of the FRPP/Eibach design then but not actually FRPP/Eibach bars then I am assuming? I want to make sure I am happy with the quality of the construction in terms of quality of steel, thickness, etc. I would like to be confident that the parts I am putting on will make me happy but the lack of information on what I have makes me skittish.
Your support parts have been sent - We have shipped over 600 sets just like yours - you will be fine.