GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

My alignment specs posted.

Search this Thread

Old 4/18/06, 07:32 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm wondering what my next step is to fix this since the dealer can't align it cause its off.
Old 4/18/06, 07:47 PM
RPM
GT Member

Next step is a camber kit. Then they can set camber closer to zero.
Old 4/18/06, 08:35 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RPM @ April 18, 2006, 8:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]
Any good places online ot buy one or should i just go to a shop and buy one?
Old 4/18/06, 10:31 PM
Bullitt Member

I am guessing you just lowered it. You can run those camber numbers with no problems. I have been for 6,000+ miles now with NO problems what so ever. A good performance center will tell you the same.
Old 4/19/06, 07:04 AM
RPM
GT Member

Camber bolts can be purchased from Summitracing.com to name one source. Eibach also sells the bolts. Steeda makes a nice camber plate kit for about $190. I have the SPC 81260 bolt set ($30).

A no cost mod out of the service manual involves enlarging the lower strut holes.
Old 4/19/06, 09:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Check out this post with a reply from SteedaGus.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....opic=38137&hl=
Old 4/19/06, 09:46 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RPM @ April 18, 2006, 9:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Don't waste your time. Your camber numbers are fine. I run - 1 on the fronts and have no issues with tire wear. While over 30,000 miles you will see SOME small amount of wear from this amount of negative camber, this is not nearly as big of a contributing factor as Toe and Heel. Excessive amounts of either cause tire "scrubbing" which greatly reduces the life of the tire. Whoever does your alignment can adjust this without any kits.

Having a little negative camber like what you have will improve handling quite a bit (technical term).
Old 4/19/06, 03:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Firedude @ April 18, 2006, 11:34 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I am guessing you just lowered it. You can run those camber numbers with no problems. I have been for 6,000+ miles now with NO problems what so ever. A good performance center will tell you the same.
[/b][/quote]

Eeeek! I wouldnt drive with the toe like that very far, no way. Steering wheel has got to be off center.
Camber, sure, not going to be a big issue. Will over time wear the inside of the tires. And is going to want to pull/drift to the right.
Looks just like our spec printouts, must be a Hunter machine/software
Why didnt they adjust the toe for you at least?
Old 4/19/06, 03:30 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stoenr @ April 19, 2006, 4:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Eeeek! I wouldnt drive with the toe like that very far, no way. Steering wheel has got to be off center.
Camber, sure, not going to be a big issue. Will over time wear the inside of the tires. And is going to want to pull/drift to the right.
[/b][/quote]
WEll i'm confused myself here, the first alignment i had, they said they adjusted the toe, the seceond one was just to get the specs. I have no idea why my toe is off.
Well i guess everything other then the toe isn't bad, so thats good.

thanks for the help.
Old 4/19/06, 04:13 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stoenr @ April 19, 2006, 4:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]
The toe is not far off and Neg. camber should not make it pull. A good frontend guy will not always go by factory specs. I have been running specs close to yours with good results. No tire wear on the inside. Drives great. How does your car drive down the road?
Old 4/19/06, 04:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

equal negative camber shouldnt cause a pull. But hes not equal on both sides. And going against any road crown.
How does it drive? steering wheel center? Car go straight when you let go of the wheel?
Old 4/19/06, 04:43 PM
GT Member

My wheel is straight and it does pull very slighty to the right. just like it did from the factory with the factory wheels.
So i should just get the toe fixed and i should be cool right. I also can't rotate cause of my larger wheels in the back.
Old 4/19/06, 05:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Toe wont help a pull. It basically centers the steering wheel.
Its possible that he didnt compensate the machine for toe reading, or didnt have the steering wheel centered when he took readings. Or the machine was jumpy when he hit the print button.
Can you cross tires or are they a directional tire? Sometimes you can have a radial tire pull and crossing them sometimes will correct the pull, or go the other way. Try crossing front tires if not directional tires/wheels.
If your willing to cruise out an hour to the south suburbs Id be willing to check it out for you. But tolls and gas would cost about what it would to have someone else check it out there, lol
Old 4/19/06, 06:04 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stoenr @ April 19, 2006, 6:35 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Toe wont help a pull. It basically centers the steering wheel.
Its possible that he didnt compensate the machine for toe reading, or didnt have the steering wheel centered when he took readings. Or the machine was jumpy when he hit the print button.
Can you cross tires or are they a directional tire? Sometimes you can have a radial tire pull and crossing them sometimes will correct the pull, or go the other way. Try crossing front tires if not directional tires/wheels.
If your willing to cruise out an hour to the south suburbs Id be willing to check it out for you. But tolls and gas would cost about what it would to have someone else check it out there, lol
[/b][/quote]

Well i'm starting to understand all this alignment stuff. Is there any way the alignment machine is saying my toe is off and it really isn't?
Old 4/19/06, 06:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keep your camber settings the way they are, and since the readings show you have some slight toe in (which is what you want to counteract some of the tire wear associated with more negative camber), your alignment should be OK.

As for why it is pulling, that could be due to bad readings from the alignment job, but could also be from something as simple as differing tire pressures. Explain the problem and try and get the shop to correct it.