Welcome to the Budget Breather Club!

Who said those days are over?

Atta Boy Bill!!!!!
Old 12/10/09, 03:52 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Atta Boy Bill!!!!!
yeah... don't post that pic on the climate change thread!
Old 12/10/09, 03:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
yeah... don't post that pic on the climate change thread!
Yeah "EnviroBill" he ain't!!! And he's in tree hugger territory!!
Old 12/10/09, 04:10 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the 4th item from the K&N breather description sums it up...

Product Features:
3/8"Id Flange Cv 2"D 1-1/2"H
Clamps Directly to Metal or Plastic Tubing
Eliminates Factory Breather Hose Betwwen Crankcase and Air Induction Intake Track
Legal ONLY for racing vehicles/Not for use on emission controlled street or highway vehicles
10 Year/ Million Mile Limited Warranty
Old 12/10/09, 04:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah "EnviroBill" he ain't!!! And he's in tree hugger territory!!
Correct! CA is the worst state to have performance cars.

Originally Posted by Doogie
Legal ONLY for racing vehicles/Not for use on emission controlled street or highway vehicles
I'll add the breathers to the list of my other non-conforming mods.
Old 12/10/09, 04:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Correct! CA is the worst state to have performance cars.

I'll add the breathers to the list of my other non-conforming mods.

Yeah guys......I'm thinking maybe we have found the sole reason for Global warming!!! It resides in southern California.
Old 12/10/09, 04:24 PM

Yeah guys......I'm thinking maybe we have found the sole reason for Global warming!!! It resides in southern California.
That's only when I start my car, which isn't very often.
Old 12/10/09, 04:30 PM
Post *****

10 Year/ Million Mile Limited Warranty
Now that's what I call 'bench tested to cfm specs'!
Old 12/10/09, 04:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
That's only when I start my car, which isn't very often.

Is this video about Taco Bill or Taco Bell??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXV8Gd78F7g
Old 12/29/09, 05:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
So all BS aside when's the Catch can going in Jed?
Call Brett yourself... don't talk behind his back.

Uhhh... Jed posted a pic of an air compressor type unit and falsley stated that it was BKU's and I corrected him.

Carry on. You too breather men...
I never thought a catch can discussion could get so entertaining!

Hey Jed, did you get that custom -AN fitting you mentioned in your original post here?? If so, post up some pictures.

Wow it's been a while since I've back in the Catch Can Zone!

Leo / Catch can going on soon a bracket is being made should have it after New Year Eve.

Cdynaco / Hey I posted a picture that someone else described as a BKU masterpiece.

Doogie / I installed the AN fittings to the back of the Kenne Bell and one in the front off of the cam cover into the KB CAI. The last remaining line is the catch can system which in a week will be done! I'll post a bunch of pictures in case anyone is interested it doing something like this.

So the story continues! BUMP!
Old 1/1/10, 10:41 AM
Bullitt Member

You know, you shouldn't be slamming a vendor that you obviously know nothing about. BKU's is not that crap springloaded air compressor water separator made of plastic that sucks the screen into your intake. And while you may like your shiny aluminum can, you can't get a visual nor is it flow tested for your engine specs.

BKU Motorsports is a race shop and Brett has a lifetime history with Ford. These are special made OIL separators designed to withstand higher temps of the engine compartment. He flow tests the unit to meet the cfm specs for the 4.6 3V (and other engines) to maintain the proper flow rates. The petcock is a threaded brass drain with an O ring. And he can set them how however you like depending where you want to mount it for not much money. And ask about the extra service he has provided other members.

]
"flow tested" "For engine specs"?? "CFM SPECS"?? some people will buy into anything if it sounds official and "racey" enough.

cant get a visual? because thats something you check before every use right? are you kidding me? dump it when you change your oil.... you do change your own oil right? or do you only trust certified technicians from ford motor company that can properly flow your oil drain for the specs of your motor?

so what oil weight does he "flow" this system with? because once oil is introduced into the system, the air flow rates will change based on the build up of oil on all the internal surfaces. and the orifice that the air flows through. also ambient air temperature changes and at what elevation? because that has major effect on "CFM testing"

designed to withstand engine temperatures? who molds them and did the testing?

i would believe a world famous racing company Moroso, did a little bit of research and development on these before they started producing them......your guy.....doesnt even have a website?

dont be upset you spent $45 on $20 worth of stuff with a fancy pitch line.
Old 1/1/10, 10:45 AM
Bullitt Member

AWESOME

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Does engine blow-by have you down? Does your intake manifold look a toilet bowl after a night of tequila and Mexican food? Not sure what oil separator to buy? Confused by all the technical mumbo jumbo? Well you don't have deal with this embarrassing problem anymore.

Introducing the greatest oil separator on the market. Made by God (AKA Brett) himself. I present to you the BKU oil separator. Yeah it looks like something from Home Depot, but I guarantee you It's been through rigorous top secret testing. (Which we will not reveal at this time because we wouldn't want Mr. Slugworth to get his grubby paws on it.) Best part of all is that you just "Set it and forget it." But that's not all. Call now and we'll throw in a pamphlet of technical mumbo jumbo that will surley impress your friends at your next meet. The pamphlet also doubles as great reading material for those restless nights.

Call now. Operators are standing by.
867-5309
Old 1/5/10, 02:25 PM
GT Member

my PCV delete

I went the way of TacoBill...found a couple crankcase filters and installed and capped the intake...i had been running BKU / UPR setup and still had a little oil getting thru...see pics below...in the video you can see some vapor venting so it does work and the car runs as good or better. I am gonna have my dyno tuner check it out to see if there is any perf changes with this setup. *** I do have a BKU separator, Stefs catch can, and a UPR catch can for sale if anyone is interested, I'll post them in the for sale section soon....thanks****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPZM6_IaijU

Last edited by 06SatinSilver; 1/5/10 at 02:27 PM.
Old 1/5/10, 02:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Do you smell it on the inside when you get on it?

I've been thinking about drilling and tapping a hole in the top of my UPR can and turning it into a breather catchcan since I get some blow by on the passenger side.

Last edited by Starfire; 1/5/10 at 02:33 PM.
Old 1/5/10, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by 06SatinSilver
I went the way of TacoBill...found a couple crankcase filters and installed and capped the intake...
Looks great!
Old 1/5/10, 02:51 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Starfire
Do you smell it on the inside when you get on it?

Yeah I've wondered about that too with open breathers. Nothing worse than to be in 90+degs stuck in traffic smelling that crankcase air thru your A/C... like the old days.
Old 1/5/10, 02:56 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have stock Valve covers and want to put some breather caps on WHERE can I buy them??? Also, since I am taking off the hose from the intake that connects to the valve cover is it ok to not have anything on the intake???
Old 1/5/10, 06:06 PM
Cobra Member

For the open intake inlets, go to an autoparts store and pick up a 5/8 and 3/8 inch cap as they need to be covered. You will need these 2 K&N filters (62-1320 and 62-1440), which I found the cheapest at Amazon. And if you want the oil filler cap filter, get this one from CFM http://mustang.c-f-m.com/index.asp?P...OD&ProdID=2160
Old 1/5/10, 07:33 PM
GT Member

There is a bit of fumes inside the car...not bad but it is there...mainly sitting still. I was concerned about that aspect too...I drove about 60 miles tonight and it didnt come thru the heater air...i think i will put my cowl seal weatherstrip back on and see it that helps...i had it off for some blow thru cooling here in Florida. It may have been the 30 degree temps tonight that was fooling me but the car feels like it runs better now without a PCV system. The Dyno will tell me.
Old 1/5/10, 07:37 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For the open intake inlets, go to an autoparts store and pick up a 5/8 and 3/8 inch cap as they need to be covered. You will need these 2 K&N filters (62-1320 and 62-1440), which I found the cheapest at Amazon. And if you want the oil filler cap filter, get this one from CFM http://mustang.c-f-m.com/index.asp?P...OD&ProdID=2160
This may sound ridiculous but when you are talking about the intake inlet caps what exactly do they look like? I know I probably sound like an idiot but I want to make sure to do it right???

Quick Reply: Moroso Catch Can up close