GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Moroso Catch Can up close

Search this Thread

Old 12/10/09, 12:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 12/10/09 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12/10/09, 12:35 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
I read that and no where does it mention that anything was specifically "flow-tested" on his unit or any other with the specific results of the tests.
Hey - I didn't save the entire thread. And as you know TMS didn't either. And I'm not going to bother typing the informational info he sent with his kit. And some of his stuff is proprietary - so no, not all specs are published for some cheeseball to steal his work. Would you?

As far as on topic (which I covered in my intro), just thought I'd help the uninformed naysayers read that Brett isn't some shade tree hack. He's a race shop and knows a ton and I appreciate his taking the time. And lots of other folks do too regardless of your opinion.

Carry on.

Last edited by cdynaco; 12/10/09 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12/10/09, 12:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i'm so lost right now.. but my oil seperator is working great LOL

if i match the flow to the stock piece that was there anyway, how can it go wrong?

dumb it down for me...

================= <---stock hose flowing
=====()=========== <---sotck hose flowing with my seperator w/ no change in restriction.

where is the disaster brewing?

(not bashing brett) just really don't get how this would hurt anything unless you are choking up the flow.

Last edited by fdjizm; 12/10/09 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12/10/09, 01:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Hey - I didn't save the entire thread. And as you know TMS didn't either. And I'm not going to bother typing the informational info he sent with his kit. And some of his stuff is proprietary - so no, not all specs are published for some cheeseball to steal his work. Would you?

As far as on topic (which I covered in my intro), just thought I'd help the uninformed naysayers read that Brett isn't some shade tree hack. He's a race shop and knows a ton and I appreciate his taking the time. And lots of other folks do too regardless of your opinion.

Carry on.
OK, I can understand and appreciate that. I do not expect anyone to release proprietary information on products they have developed and are actively selling, especially as one company *cough*UPR*cough* is known for stealing IP and making Chinese copies. But when it's stated that it's been "flow-tested" there has to be something to back that up, ya know ?

But this peeing contest started because that Jed said that the Moroso-type was a no match to the home-depot styled version. Slamming a vendor or hack are all your terms not Jed's. Jed has stated his preference and that if the home-depot style works for you great. It should have been left alone at that point without the pointless excess. The BKU version will undoubtedly work for many people and it will do everything it was tested and advertised for. In the application that started this thread and with the premise initially indicated it would not. No matter who makes it, how well it flows or if it's made out of titanium... wait... if it was made out of titanium then Jed would probably want it

Last .02, don't take everything so serious or personal. Not one person here is out to besmirch that particular vendor. Their product does not match the OP's requirements due to design. He's a all haired-over and growed-up he'll live without being rescued

Old 12/10/09, 01:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Wow that post was too long LOL! Sorry I'm with the breather camp, I had a catch can and was still having problems with some blow by, but I'm SCed
Old 12/10/09, 01:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hug it out I3itches.

Breathers FTW!!!!!

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 12/10/09 at 01:37 PM.
Old 12/10/09, 01:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I do not expect anyone to release proprietary information on products they have developed and are actively selling, especially as one company *cough*UPR*cough* is known for stealing IP and making Chinese copies.
Don't forget GMS.

Originally Posted by Starfire
Sorry I'm with the breather camp...
Old 12/10/09, 01:43 PM
Cobra Member

After reading this novel along with a ton of other posts, I am done looking for the "right can" set-up that will fit cleanly. I just ordered the 2 K&N filters (3/8in. & 5/8) from Amazon ($37 with free shipping) and will be ordering the CFM filter/oil billet fill cap. Done

Last edited by Doogie; 12/10/09 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12/10/09, 01:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

So all BS aside when's the Catch can going in Jed?
Old 12/10/09, 01:57 PM
Post *****

But when it's stated that it's been "flow-tested" there has to be something to back that up, ya know ?
Call Brett yourself... don't talk behind his back.

But this peeing contest started because that Jed said that the Moroso-type was a no match to the home-depot styled version.
Uhhh... Jed posted a pic of an air compressor type unit and falsley stated that it was BKU's and I corrected him.

Carry on. You too breather men...

Last edited by cdynaco; 12/10/09 at 01:59 PM.
Old 12/10/09, 02:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah Brian (AKA Habu). How dare you speak blasphemy about Lord Brett and the great motor sports empire of BKU.

Cydnaco-Don't take life to seriously or you'll never make it out alive.
Old 12/10/09, 02:08 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Yeah Brian (AKA Habu). How dare you speak blasphemy about Lord Brett and the great motor sports empire of BKU.

Cydnaco-Don't take life to seriously or you'll never make it out alive.
What makes you think I'm not chuckling

Hell at least we've got some more action on the forum... still hasn't reached pre-crash levels.

Oh, and as far as the Lord Brett thing...
Old 12/10/09, 02:22 PM
Post *****

Besides fellers...

its not whether it protects your engine or not...

its not about flow rates...

its only about how good the can looks!

Old 12/10/09, 02:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Does engine blow-by have you down? Does your intake manifold look a toilet bowl after a night of tequila and Mexican food? Not sure what oil separator to buy? Confused by all the technical mumbo jumbo? Well you don't have deal with this embarrassing problem anymore.

Introducing the greatest oil separator on the market. Made by God (AKA Brett) himself. I present to you the BKU oil separator. Yeah it looks like something from Home Depot, but I guarantee you It's been through rigorous top secret testing. (Which we will not reveal at this time because we wouldn't want Mr. Slugworth to get his grubby paws on it.) Best part of all is that you just "Set it and forget it." But that's not all. Call now and we'll throw in a pamphlet of technical mumbo jumbo that will surley impress your friends at your next meet. The pamphlet also doubles as great reading material for those restless nights.

Call now. Operators are standing by.
867-5309

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 12/11/09 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12/10/09, 02:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

So all BS aside when's the Catch can going in Jed?

Did someone say Titanium?

Top secret testing... it's a "Black" project. Little green engineers.

Haha...this thread went where no catch can went before! I should be funny and say I canceled my plans haha NOT! I have all the parts I just need to get off my lazy butt and do it. Some welding maybe involved to mount Moroso's bracket to the vacuum regulator bracket. That’s one option, I need to do some dry fitting first maybe this weekend since it looks like Sat & Sun is going to be a down pour in SoCal.

Last edited by JedCranium; 12/10/09 at 02:56 PM.
Old 12/10/09, 03:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You youngin's wouldn't remember this but in the old days the crankcase of all internal combustion engines vented to the atmosphere. That nasty stuff in the "now called a PVC line" dripped right down on the blacktop. Them were the days boys!!!!!! Any of the above solutions that keeps that crap off the back side of my valves is acceptable!!
Old 12/10/09, 03:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does engine blow-by have you down? Does your intake manifold look a toilet bowl after a night of tequila and Mexican food? Not sure what oil separator to buy? Confused by all the technical mumbo jumbo? Well you don't have deal with this embarrassing problem anymore.

Introducing the greatest oil separator on the market. Made by God (AKA Brett) himself. I present to you the BKU oil/separator. Yeah it looks like something from Home Depot, but I guarantee you It's been through rigorous top secret testing. (Which we will not reveal at this time because we wouldn't want Mr. Slugworth to get his grubby paws on it.) Best part of all is that you just "Set it and forget it." But that's not all. Call now and we'll throw in a pamphlet of technical mumbo jumbo that will surley impress your friends at your next meet. The pamphlet also doubles as great reading material for those restless nights.

Call now. Operators are standing by.
867-5309
Billy Mays? is that you!
Old 12/10/09, 03:07 PM
Cobra Member

I never thought a catch can discussion could get so entertaining!

Hey Jed, did you get that custom -AN fitting you mentioned in your original post here?? If so, post up some pictures.
Old 12/10/09, 03:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Doogie
After reading this novel along with a ton of other posts, I am done looking for the "right can" set-up that will fit cleanly. I just ordered the 2 K&N filters (1/2in. & 5/8) from Amazon ($37 with free shipping) and will be ordering the CFM filter/oil billet fill cap. Done
Welcome to the Budget Breather Club!

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Them were the days boys!!!!!!
Who said those days are over?

Old 12/10/09, 03:32 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by fdjizm
Billy Mays? is that you!
ROFL!

Posthumous of course!

Last edited by cdynaco; 12/10/09 at 03:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Moroso Catch Can up close