GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Meziere install and the relay ignition-on sense wire

Search this Thread

Old 9/15/06, 10:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dustindu4
It's right but the add-a-line only has 1 wire on it, the other relay pin should be grounded
Oh, I see.

Here's my revised diagram:

I hope that's correct.

The only improvement I can see is if the pump was powered only when the engine is running or optionally if a manual switch was activated (if the engine is not running). With the current setup, one risks drainning the battery if one listens to the radio/CD (with the key in) and the engine off - I think somebody mentioned that.
Old 9/16/06, 02:31 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LordBritish
Oh, I see.

Here's my revised diagram:

I hope that's correct.

The only improvement I can see is if the pump was powered only when the engine is running or optionally if a manual switch was activated (if the engine is not running). With the current setup, one risks drainning the battery if one listens to the radio/CD (with the key in) and the engine off - I think somebody mentioned that.
that diagram is correct

you can listen to the radio without turning the key all the way, radio goes on with a half turn
Old 9/16/06, 07:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

So the 20A inline fuse is there to protect the H2O pump in case there's over current, short circuit, or something like that?
Old 9/17/06, 12:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

Yes, exactly.

Not a very good idea to run an un-fused wire straight from the battery to some device!
Old 9/17/06, 02:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

I believe that this is a valid +12V power source for the H2O pump.

Do I merely wrap a portion of stripped wire around that bolt and tighten it or is there a more reliable method of making contact?
Old 9/17/06, 07:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Do I merely wrap a portion of stripped wire around that bolt and tighten it or is there a more reliable method of making contact?
Use a ring terminal crimped onto the end of the wire.
Old 9/17/06, 10:59 AM

I use a yellow crimp loop terminal, only loop big enough
Old 9/17/06, 01:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

I believe yellow is typically a 10-12ga, blue is 14-16ga and red is 18-22ga.
I have blue ones (14-16ga) that fit there but I'll be using a yellow as the main wire from the relay kit is 12ga.
Attached Thumbnails Meziere install and the relay ignition-on sense wire-meziere-install-007-small-.jpg   Meziere install and the relay ignition-on sense wire-meziere-install-008-small-.jpg  
Old 9/17/06, 02:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Lots of little details !!!

One more noob question about that Add-A-Circuit.

I understand that you remove that orignal 15A Blue blade fuse and but it into the top part of the Add-A-Circuit (green arrow below).

I'm not exactly sure what to put in the bottom fuse slot (red arrow below)? Do I use another 15A Blue fuse or leave it empty or put something else in there?

Attached Thumbnails Meziere install and the relay ignition-on sense wire-add-circuit.jpg  
Old 9/17/06, 02:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Other way around. The new fuse for the circuit you're adding goes into slot B, the top slot. The only thing being powered off the new circuit is the relay coil so I'm only putting a 3A fuse in there. The original fuse goes into slot A, the bottom slot
Old 9/17/06, 02:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Redfire 05Gt
Other way around. The new fuse for the circuit you're adding goes into slot B, the top slot. The only thing being powered off the new circuit is the relay coil so I'm only putting a 3A fuse in there. The original fuse goes into slot A, the bottom slot
Haha, I guess that's why we ask questions here - thanks.
Old 9/17/06, 05:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
If anyone is interested, I am selling my Meziere electric water pump. I do not get on this site that often anymore, so if you are interested send me an email (wermaner (at) hotmail dot com) I have the pump and the wiring harness.
Old 9/17/06, 10:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok, one more question

What do you do with the coolant fluid that you've collected while installing the pump?

Do you merely unscrew the radiator cap and pour it back in ??
Attached Thumbnails Meziere install and the relay ignition-on sense wire-meziere-install-006.jpg  
Old 9/18/06, 12:28 PM

I flushed all my coolant out and replaced it. I poured the old stuff in the new coolant containers and trashed it.
Old 9/18/06, 12:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm not going to flush my coolant.

I'm merely going to open the radiator cap and put some fresh coolant in - does that sound like a good idea?
Old 9/22/06, 07:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

ok im a bit confused with this. i have the Mezire eH2O pump and the relay kit. there are blue, black, orange, and green wires. correct me if i am wrong.

Black wires get grounded
Blue wires get soldered and heat shrunk together
orange wire with inline fuse goes to alternator output post (This is power? anywhere else to get power from?)
green wire can go to fuse 40 with the add-a-circut thingy?

please help
Old 9/22/06, 10:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Take a look at my circuit diagram I created.

That might help you.

I don't know about the colors but I think I can figure out where to connects things. You need to connect ground to the relay coil prong and connect the pump to ground too.
Old 9/23/06, 07:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Take a look at my circuit diagram I created.

That might help you.

I don't know about the colors but I think I can figure out where to connects things. You need to connect ground to the relay coil prong and connect the pump to ground too.
im noo good with diagrams. lol i tried. if your diagram had colors id be all set. im a simple man lol
Old 9/23/06, 01:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 94tbird
Black wires get grounded
orange wire with inline fuse goes to alternator output post (This is power? anywhere else to get power from?)
green wire can go to fuse 40 with the add-a-circut thingy?
You got it right. The instructions say to connect the orange wire to the alternator post but that would mean removing the alternator &/or the intake to get at it. Plus you'd have to mount the relay nearby making sure the inline fuse in the orange wire is easily accessible in case it ever pops, or run the orange wire over to the fender or wherever you mount the relay, still making sure the fuse is close to the +12v source and accessible for changing. You can also get power from the battery connection on the Power Distribution Box in the front passenger side corner of the engine compartment or directly off the battery terminal connection (again requires running the wire to the relay or mounting the relay nearby). I haven't heard of anyone mounting the relay near the alternator &/or taking power from the alternator post.
Old 9/23/06, 09:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

The blue wires are obviously going to ground but where do they have to be soldered to ? I would imagine any ground is good enough and I don't see why it has to be soldered.

Quick Reply: Meziere install and the relay ignition-on sense wire