GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Max NA Horsepower

Search this Thread

Old 9/24/08, 07:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it is a tall claim, i would like to see it before i buy in to anything as well.
Old 9/24/08, 07:13 PM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

Originally Posted by sgt d
it is a tall claim, i would like to see it before i buy in to anything as well.
And understandably so, stuff definitely isn't cheap
Old 9/24/08, 07:15 PM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

Originally Posted by turbo05gt
I can "tune" a dyno to say whatever I want, show me some 1/4 mph. Im not trying to be a dick but a claim like this you better be ready to back up what ya say.
No I understand what your saying, I understand. The fact of the matter is I haven't been to the track. I really need a better driver to be honest I don't think i'm as capable as the car is, but when I get the bugs worked out i'll make a few passes and post my results.

And your edit up there is hardly true, but it's ok. Like I said my first dyno run was 387/389 rear wheel, on a dyno thats tuned for a 3000 hp funny car, i'm not even adding in the 6-9% they said it would be off. I'll get those sheets up this weekend, and my new ones up when I can get them. And your right about my pistons, i'm only running a 9 1/4:1 compression. And I'd call that pretty durn close to the 400 you said I can't hit with the set up i'm running. I've stated this before incase you missed it, I don't really care whether you believe me or not, i'll get some stuff up when I can but until then there's nothing more I can do.

And I don't appreciate your claims against my integrity my friend, i'm not trying to make a sale here i'm trying to say that it is possible, there's more to our cars than throwing a pre built short block and a nice s/c on em, there's a lot of untapped potential in our little 4.6's

Last edited by EagleStroker; 9/24/08 at 07:55 PM.
Old 9/24/08, 07:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
No I understand what your saying, I understand. The fact of the matter is I haven't been to the track. I really need a better driver to be honest I don't think i'm as capable as the car is, but when I get the bugs worked out i'll make a few passes and post my results.
Thats the ticket.

And your edit up there is hardly true, but it's ok. Like I said my first dyno run was 387/389 rear wheel, on a dyno thats tuned for a 3000 hp funny car, i'm not even adding in the 6-9% they said it would be off.
Again dynos can a do lie, some shops do it to make them look better, some do it to make the customer happy, some do it unknowingly.

I'll get those sheets up this weekend, and my new ones up when I can get them. And your right about my pistons, i'm only running a 91/4:1 compression. Congrats, you can read.
Hmm I need a refresher on my reading because I didnt see you say you were running 91/4:1 CR!!! My bad. I know the CR's offered with this kit because I had it (awhile ago).

I've stated this before incase you missed it, I don't really care whether you believe me or not, i'll get some stuff up when I can but until then there's nothing more I can do
Bro there are several BIG name shops as we speak trying to come out with a "street-able" package that puts down 400+ with custom parts. So when you say you've eclipsed the 400 mark by quite a bit using off the shelf parts the bells start to go off.

And I don't appreciate your claims against my integrity my friend, i'm not trying to make a sale here i'm trying to say that it is possible.
Now YOU go back and read what I said, someone very well could be pulling your leg with those numbers, its ALOT to spend on 350hp. Nice ride btw.
Old 9/24/08, 08:05 PM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

I definitely get what your saying that's why I for the most part am pretty easy to get a long with, it's just getting me riled up with all the criticism but I understand why it's there. And like i've said there's a few things that aren't "off the shelf" (cams, polish) which have made a big difference in other things we've tested, but and call this naive, we work pretty closely I have faith that they wouldn't lie to me as to the reading they were getting. I apologize if I got a little to defensive but I've got a lot of time in this car, as i'm sure you do too, so I don't take criticism as lightly as I should

And I know they are s/c applications, but this same kit is used in the Steeda Q650 and the new Stroked Saleen, i'd say they are doing something right

And curious if you had it, why did you get rid of it?

And I appreciate it, got a long way to go to be on par with cars like yours, but i'm getting there. I would like to know what TT your running that's the route i'm leaning towards when I make the jump to f/i

*Oh, and i'm headed out to make some passes at test & tune on the 8th, we'll see what happens

Last edited by EagleStroker; 9/24/08 at 08:11 PM.
Old 9/24/08, 09:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
But I was referring to the fact that that he said dynos are meaningless.
And I stand by what I said. Dyno numbers are totally meaningless. They prove nothing. A dyno is just a tuning tool... using it for anything else is silly IMO. People shouldn't even care what power a car makes at say 6500rpm in 4th gear. How often does someone drive at that specific rpm in 4th? Most people never even get there at the top end of the 1/4-mile, so they never actually reach peak hp. So like I said, it is a meaningless number.
Old 9/24/08, 09:33 PM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

Originally Posted by don_w
And I stand by what I said. Dyno numbers are totally meaningless. They prove nothing. A dyno is just a tuning tool... using it for anything else is silly IMO. People shouldn't even care what power a car makes at say 6500rpm in 4th gear. How often does someone drive at that specific rpm in 4th? Most people never even get there at the top end of the 1/4-mile, so they never actually reach peak hp. So like I said, it is a meaningless number.
I really have no argument there, was simply stating my opinion that it's irrelevant to a thread asking how much hp you can get out of a n/a car. The thing with a dyno is it's just a tool, like you stated, you can run your car on 5 different dynos and get 5 different numbers, so you can't stake your claim off of that. I told them i'm gunna blow off classes on the 8th and go up to Memphis and get my car and go to test'n'tune and see if I can't get some decent #'s for all of you.
Old 9/25/08, 12:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What???

It is a 4.6 stroker, the same way you have 302 strokers (306, 327, 331, 341, 347) or 351 strokers (372, 383, 393, 408, 418, 427, 435) or 460 strokers (501, 508, 514, 521, 533, 540, 552).

Originally Posted by Mister Roper
How do you stroke a 4.6 and it still remains a 4.6?

Last edited by Black GT500; 9/25/08 at 12:52 AM.
Old 9/25/08, 03:49 AM
GT Member

Nice car and great job with the performance mods, EagleStroker. I have enjoyed reading this thread. I am interested in doing the same as opposed to putting in a S/C. Going back and forth from time to time. I would like to bring my Shelby GT north of 350 hp or even 400 with high quality components like you have done, building a strong motor, as opposed to squeaking out a few more HP with a more aggressive tune or simply bolting on the S/C. Plus the Kenne Belle won't allow me to have the Shelby driving lights which I want to get as soon as they are available.

Good luck in school. You're degree program sounds inline with your interests!
Old 9/25/08, 07:10 AM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

Originally Posted by 08SGT1977
Nice car and great job with the performance mods, EagleStroker. I have enjoyed reading this thread. I am interested in doing the same as opposed to putting in a S/C. Going back and forth from time to time. I would like to bring my Shelby GT north of 350 hp or even 400 with high quality components like you have done, building a strong motor, as opposed to squeaking out a few more HP with a more aggressive tune or simply bolting on the S/C. Plus the Kenne Belle won't allow me to have the Shelby driving lights which I want to get as soon as they are available.

Good luck in school. You're degree program sounds inline with your interests!
Appreciate it man, as i've said to a few others if I can help you out any let me know I would be happy too, and good luck with your project glad you've gotten a good read
Old 9/27/08, 03:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've got 348 with the stock shortblock and heads, and just ran a 12.54 at 110--there's a LOT more in the car too, I just shift slow out of the hole. Since you get a stick poked at you without putting up sheets, here you go. Both "wins" on the sheet are against the same C5 Z06 (albeit on street tires):

Last track slip:

Last dyno:

John

Last edited by jwgroovin; 9/27/08 at 03:02 PM.
Old 9/28/08, 08:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

nice job John. Bet the vette wasn't happy at all.

Eagle - looking forward to your timeslips - the setup sounds very promising.
Old 9/28/08, 10:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have the strongest internals you can really get
There's no way you have a billet rotating assembly.
Old 9/28/08, 10:23 PM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

Originally Posted by Bullitt995
There's no way you have a billet rotating assembly.
All I can say is i've NEVER seen a rod or crank from this kit fail, not saying it hasn't happened but 9/10 times we would get a call at work, or a complaint, but no it's not billet it's 4340
Old 9/28/08, 10:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

If it's not billet, it's not the strongest then is it? I was looking into the billet stuff but billet cranks are $$$$$$$$$$$$$ and probably not worth it in the end.
Old 9/29/08, 08:33 AM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

Now lets be honest unless your in a full blown racing application billet isn't even realistic, and 4340 has come a long way since billet came out i'd like to see some testing, in my experience price doesn't always dictate quality
Old 9/29/08, 10:59 AM
Bullitt Member

All I can say is i've NEVER seen a rod or crank from this kit fail, not saying it hasn't happened but 9/10 times we would get a call at work, or a complaint, but no it's not billet it's 4340
The rods are the exact same as any other forged rod, they all come from the same foundry (in China). Ive never seen one of those cranks fail either, but how many STOCK cranks have you seen fail? The kit is strong for sure.
Old 9/29/08, 11:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
So are the engines going to be contaminated with lead and/or melamine?
Old 9/29/08, 11:19 AM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

Originally Posted by turbo05gt
The rods are the exact same as any other forged rod, they all come from the same foundry (in China). Ive never seen one of those cranks fail either, but how many STOCK cranks have you seen fail? The kit is strong for sure.
We're really talking the whole kit, or I was under the impression, I had to swap cranks for this kit because the journal size is different for minimal clearance issues. I've never seen a 4.6 crank failure though, i've seen just about anything else under the sun but usually only happens when someone's doing something stupid or using the wrong part for an application

By the way got these over the weekend, first dyno run max 378@rear, get my new sheets up when I get them.

Old 9/29/08, 11:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Here's mine 338rwhp and 332 rwtq

I added a C&L cold air and tune to the saleen 302.

Quick Reply: Max NA Horsepower