GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

LCA Relocation Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 10/19/07, 05:09 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same answer in a different way. Either adjustable UCA or LCA will allow you to correct pinion angle. To correct rear suspension instant center, you at least need the LCA relocation brackets and you should consider the UCA location bracket as well.

Originally Posted by Glenn
so with my car being droped 1.4 in the rear I could get away with the relocation brackets instead of going with the adjustable uca if I wanted to?
Old 10/19/07, 05:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by PonyDNA
Hi SoundGuyDave,

Well that was a good try but there are so many things you have wrong I can't even begin to correct them all.

Cheers!
Okay, bring it along and let's get the info down... PM me if you want, but I think any corrections that would be necessary would be handy for the general public knowlege, not to mention my own, but I don't see where there were any glaring errors...
Old 10/19/07, 10:08 PM
Cobra Member

Dave

After reading thru your description I have a feeling you have a basic understanding or intuitive feel of the dynamics going on, but the mechanics or science is a bit rough around the edges. The one point that is incorrect is there is no change in [wheel] weight transfer by mechanism, only if the CG changes as a result of squatting or jacking the rear during acceleration. What is transferring is the distribution of load between the 3 links and the rear springs, and generally not the tire contact patch on the ground (unless the CG height changes). You are correct in that the UCA is getting pulled and the LCA is pushing against the chassis, but you have to look at the combined load vector direction for both to determine if the car is squatting or not.

I started to write something hoping to try to make it simple for everyone, but it gets kind of complicated. Then I stumbled on to this link and this guy has already done all the work, and while the discussion is about 4-link and ladder bars, it applies to our Mustang since when a 3-link system is viewed from the side, the geometry or mechanics is the same as a 4 link. This article also has figures and diagrams, and the old saying holds true ... a picture is worth a 1000 words.

I am sure this will stimulate further interesting discussion.

http://www.raceglides.com.au/TechInfo.htm

PS - Well I could not stand the urge to research this some more ... if not for anything, just to refresh myself technically. This link below from our rice burner friends. Same kind of technology. See the "Making It Stick" articles 1 - 5. IMO very well presented. Note there is a slight difference in how % anti-squat is presented. So now compared to my Chevy Power book dissertation, I have two that present it in one way and the other another. In any event the technical concepts are correct, but not in agreement to determining % anti squat.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/index.html

PSS - Check the Aerodynamics dissertations as well.

Paul
Attached Files
File Type: doc
FourLink.doc (173.0 KB, 328 views)