GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Just ordered suspension!

Search this Thread

Old 12/23/07, 11:33 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blkstang06
Jason, when I installed the Steeda Bump Steer kit happen coincide with my last spring and damper change I set the Bump Steer by eye well enough to get it to the Alignment shop to dial everything in They tested the Bump Steer as Steeda suggests, said it was on the money. I ran lowering springs without the kit and there is a difference! The adjustable tie rod ends are far more responsive than the Factory ones. I've seen these kits for a 100.00 bucks basically the price of two tanks of gas.This mod is well worth the price........
I have a set (steeda) sitting in my garage. I just never got around to installing them.

Did you have Steeda's ball joint kit or front control arm relocation kit? I've got the FCA kit, but again I haven't installed it. Both work to correct roll center back to OEM specs.

Also, you bring up a point that should be mentioned. A good alignment is key! I've got mine setup to -1.3 camber and .03 toe-in. Caster is non-adjustable. This is what Steeda recommends for a performance street aligment. I did have to use one camber bolt on the left side to get it to my desired settings.
Old 12/23/07, 01:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by max2000jp
I have a set (steeda) sitting in my garage. I just never got around to installing them.

Did you have Steeda's ball joint kit or front control arm relocation kit? I've got the FCA kit, but again I haven't installed it. Both work to correct roll center back to OEM specs.

Also, you bring up a point that should be mentioned. A good alignment is key! I've got mine setup to -1.3 camber and .03 toe-in. Caster is non-adjustable. This is what Steeda recommends for a performance street aligment. I did have to use one camber bolt on the left side to get it to my desired settings.
Jason, thats the way to go! I did just the X-5's and Bump Steer kit and these on the front....

by Category 1979-2004 MUSTANG 1982-1992 Camaro / Firebird 1993-2002 Camaro / Firebird 2005-2008 MUSTANG by Manufacturer F-BODY (camaro - firebird) Mustang

05-Pres. Upper Camber Plate Strut MountsMustang - 2005-2008 MUSTANG#24220
Click to Enlarge

Years:
2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
Needing to take control of your mustangs front suspension. Do it by using a set of J&M Products adjustable camber plates. J&M plates replace the stock rubber strut mount bushings with a spherical bearing, allowing you full control of the suspension geometry. Whether you want your alignment set for track, street, or strip, these plates will allow you to fine tune your suspension so you can get the most out of your car. The bearing mounts are completely adjustable and are 100% Pulse welded for the ultimate in strength, durability, and fit. They also feature a special chrome moly replaceable teflon lined spherical bearing for a noise free quality ride. Now coming with a LIFETIME WARRANTY from craftsmanship and defects. That is right if you are the original owner and bend the plates or wear out the bearings they will be fixed or replaced for free. That is how confident you are purchasing the best camber plates available. Call for details on the lifetime warranty.
J&M Products plates include the following features:

- LIFETIME GUARANTEE against bearing failure and main plate bending or breaking.
- Bolt on mounts with no cutting or drilling required.
- 1.8 degrees of camber adjustment to allow for proper alignment correction on lowered cars.
- Offset design allows for easy adjustment for Street and Race applications.
- Easily adjusts at the top of the strut tower
- Powder coated for great looks and long lasting protection.
- Timken Brand over sized Torrington roller thrust bearing transfers the spring loading through the strut tower to keep the spring load away from the spherical bearing. These thrust bearings wll support a static load of 26,900 lbs. which is about 8 times the full wHighest strength Chrome-Moly Teflon lined spherical bearing to allow ultimateeight of the car.
- Heat treated chrome-moly Teflon lined spherical bearings allow for the ultimate in control and full articulation of the strut so you do not have alignment changes during cornering. These spherical bearings us only Dupont brand Teflon liners not inferior import Teflon liners. The spherical bearings we use have a ultimate static load rating of 78,000 lbs.
Only $247.65!!
Qty: Home | About Us | Products | Specials | Links
Old 12/23/07, 03:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Did you lower the car BEFORE installing the X5's? I am wondering if there was a noticeable difference before and after correcting roll center.

Right now I've got Steeda's Bumpsteer kit, BMR Relocation Brackets, FCA relocation kit, and G-trac bar sitting in my garage. I never installed those parts last spring when I modded my suspension. My suspension geometry right now isn't ideal, but the car still handle quite well!
Old 12/23/07, 05:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by max2000jp
Did you lower the car BEFORE installing the X5's? I am wondering if there was a noticeable difference before and after correcting roll center.

Right now I've got Steeda's Bumpsteer kit, BMR Relocation Brackets, FCA relocation kit, and G-trac bar sitting in my garage. I never installed those parts last spring when I modded my suspension. My suspension geometry right now isn't ideal, but the car still handle quite well!
Yes! I had it lowered for about 1500 miles before doing any front end mods. As far as noticing the X-5's only when I'm pushing it in a corner....But thats when you want to notice it.......
Old 12/23/07, 09:59 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Pwny
The front sway bar on this car is decent enough. The rear is another story.

I had a pretty in depth discussion with a suspension guru.
That seems to be the general consensus, if the kit is designed to work with the factory front bar, no problem.
Old 12/23/07, 10:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by bob
That seems to be the general consensus, if the kit is designed to work with the factory front bar, no problem.
I'll let it slide this time
Old 12/23/07, 10:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I agree that the front sway bar might not be necessary for a guy looking for a performance upgrade over stock. To someone that want's to tune their car to be neutral, a front sway bar is necessary. FRPP's sway bar has three settings to tune understeer/oversteer.