GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

JLT issue

Search this Thread

Old 5/28/05, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sitting here waiting, not real patiently but still waiting. My new, silver GT is in shipping and should be here any day. I also have a new JLT CAI with Pedator sitting in the garage,also waiting patiently. Glad I happened on this post. On the air filter in my kit I noticed that there are grooves running around the inside. Is it the same with any of the kits you have had problems with or is this a mod that Jay came up with? I plan on using the loc-tite on the screws and per JLT will not overtighten and of course use the hairspray. Jay if your out there and you've come up with anything else let us know. Can't wait in Colorado.
Old 5/28/05, 10:07 AM
Cobra R Member

Well this is not a jbash in anyway, especially since I dont own one yet. But now that an issue is raised with it, shouldnt this issue or any other issues noted be taken care of in future cai's made. Just my thoughts. Everyone that designs stuff etc. Usually has to make mods after the first one out. Usually things are changed several times over. But I was just wondering if any additional changes could be made so that future customers dont have these same issues. From what I hear tho, most are pleased with there cai from jay.
Old 5/28/05, 11:00 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by sodaman@May 28, 2005, 8:10 AM
From what I hear tho, most are pleased with there cai from jay.
Like me but I havent been able to drive it with the Diablo tune yet. The engine seems to want to "come alive" above 3000rpm though, it starts to want to pull very strong but alas....without a tune I am limited to driving it around the block with my foot out of it.

My oil filler cap fell off too after switching to Amsoil, darn myself for apparently not tightening the cap enough.

-Dan
Old 5/29/05, 11:30 AM
GT Member

Well, I tried the hairspray with a new clamp and it went 400 miles before the filter came off again. Will decide over the next couple of days whether to try a screw or switch intakes.
Old 5/29/05, 12:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Gene -
I notched little groves where the filter mounts, sanded a rough edge, and used hairspray on the tube.

If that doesn't work I will install some set screws on the top and bottom of the filter. Hopefully, I will not get to this point.

No issues yet. Only time and miles will tell.

Good Luck_Jay
Old 5/29/05, 01:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by j-stang@May 29, 2005, 2:05 PM
Gene -
I notched little groves where the filter mounts, sanded a rough edge, and used hairspray on the tube.

If that doesn't work I will install some set screws on the top and bottom of the filter. Hopefully, I will not get to this point.

No issues yet. Only time and miles will tell.
Good Luck_Jay
I sanded mine down, put three coats of primer... wet sanded and then another 3 coats of gloss black... wet sanded and another 3 coats of black. The next morning I mounted it and drive for a few hours. Took the JLT filter assembly off when I got back and the pressure, heat and paint had formed ridges to match the filter. Let it sit over night and harden. Now I have ridges that exactly match the filter assmebly.
Old 5/31/05, 02:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Hatchman@May 24, 2005, 10:05 PM
Just about every mod I ever do needs some kind of adjusting or fine tuning. This is a very easy fix. I'm definitely ordering a JLT CAI as soon as they start shipping the SCT Xcal II.
Speaking of which - Jay, will the SCT tunes you have now work equally with the SCT II, or will you (and/or your team) have to come up with a whole new tune for the SCT II? If so, are you planning to do that?

Thanks!
Old 5/31/05, 05:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by ILikeBond@May 31, 2005, 4:00 PM
Speaking of which - Jay, will the SCT tunes you have now work equally with the SCT II, or will you (and/or your team) have to come up with a whole new tune for the SCT II? If so, are you planning to do that?

Thanks!
I can answer that for you, since I've already asked the guys over at the SCT website about this:

Yes, the current SCT Xcal tunes will work with the XcalV2, no modifications/redynoing(is that a word?)/new tuning required. The Xcal Version2 is basically an upgraded version with more features, but the programming format stays the same. It does need a USB cable instead of the old serial port, but they're cheap and I've got about 5 laying around.

Got my Mineral Grey JLT CAI in the mail today, looks great! , can't wait to put it on! Justin @ VMP mailed out my SCT Xcal today, so I will be putting this together soon!