GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Issues with Vortech'd 2005 GT

Search this Thread

Old 6/18/07, 03:13 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Issues with Vortech'd 2005 GT

I have been having issues with my 2005 GT ever since the Vortech went on and cannot seem to sort them out. The car has a base Vortech kit, 4:10s, off road X, Pypes violators. I am getting a lot of oil coming out of the passenger side valve cover into the tube before the blower. I had a slight miss and I took the tube off and it was soaked in there. I noticed the tube had a kink in it that was allowing un-metered air in so I temporarily repaired that and ordered a new one. I put an oil seperator on it and it is 1/4 full after about 200 miles and 2-3 full throttle runs. Anyone else sucking that much oil? I also hate the throttle response. I switched to an SCT tuner and it seemed better but still not "right". There is a very small window between not enough throttle and too much when pulling out. This was not a problem when the car was N/A. Anything in particular I should adjust in the SCT software (I have the full software at my disposal)

Thanks
Old 6/18/07, 03:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by qwik huh
I have been having issues with my 2005 GT ever since the Vortech went on and cannot seem to sort them out. The car has a base Vortech kit, 4:10s, off road X, Pypes violators. I am getting a lot of oil coming out of the passenger side valve cover into the tube before the blower. I had a slight miss and I took the tube off and it was soaked in there. I noticed the tube had a kink in it that was allowing un-metered air in so I temporarily repaired that and ordered a new one. I put an oil seperator on it and it is 1/4 full after about 200 miles and 2-3 full throttle runs. Anyone else sucking that much oil? I also hate the throttle response. I switched to an SCT tuner and it seemed better but still not "right". There is a very small window between not enough throttle and too much when pulling out. This was not a problem when the car was N/A. Anything in particular I should adjust in the SCT software (I have the full software at my disposal)

Thanks

My suggestions coming from a guy that does not have a Vortech system is... PM TOM281 who is running an almost identical system and second would be get your car dyno tune and adjusted by a respected tuner and get away from the canned tunes.
Scott
Old 6/18/07, 03:40 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
My suggestions coming from a guy that does not have a Vortech system is... PM TOM281 who is running an almost identical system and second would be get your car dyno tune and adjusted by a respected tuner and get away from the canned tunes.
Scott
Thanks for the response. I went from a Diablo canned tune to an SCT base file. The car ran better and the throttle response was better with the SCT base program but still not right. I had it tweaked on a dyno by a reputable shop and it made just under 400 rwhp with a safe A/F but the throttle response is simply still not right.
Old 6/18/07, 03:40 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Scott
Yep! PM tom281 you've got to much money wrapped up to be messin' around! .........Good Luck!
Old 6/18/07, 04:24 PM
GT Member

Which tube is getting oil in it?? is it the discharge sleeve off the blower?
My blower was putting oil out the discharge side and the bearing and seal finally went out. Vortech's warranty is bulletproof and they're easy to deal with.
Old 6/18/07, 04:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by qwik huh
Thanks for the response. I went from a Diablo canned tune to an SCT base file. The car ran better and the throttle response was better with the SCT base program but still not right. I had it tweaked on a dyno by a reputable shop and it made just under 400 rwhp with a safe A/F but the throttle response is simply still not right.

What area of the country are you in? There are guys that know what they are doing (really) and there are guys that say they do. (Wanna be's) I know I have dealt with some of the guys that are the wanna be's. P.S. Look at Tom281's numbers below. That should tell you something about the guy tuning you car.
Scott
Old 6/18/07, 05:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
I have the same kit you have and just had the air inlet pipe off the other week while installing some headers and didn't notice any oil. I'll be removing the whole pass side assembly you described this week to install my new powdercoated cam covers; I'll see what it looks like for sure then, but I haven't noticed any oil problem.

Now, that being said, there are plenty of people running blowers such as the Vortech and some of them have oil problems, others don't......

Regarding the SCT tune, do yourself a BIG favor and call Brent at Brenspeed. There are other good tuners too but IMO you're wasting your time if you don't call Brent for a centri-style tune (via Vortech, Paxton, etc.). www.brenspeed.com
Old 6/19/07, 10:09 AM
GT Member

The oil is in the intake side of the blower. It is definately coming from the pass valve cover. As far as the tune goes I will contact Brenspeed but I have used my local tuner for my 96 Vortech Cobra that makes 540 to the tire on a stock longblock and has done so for years so I trust him.
Old 6/19/07, 10:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
As long as your tuner knows and understands the new computer not the new engine, you should be ok but still I would call Brenspeed just for advice.
Old 6/19/07, 11:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
A Vortech leaking from the bearing/shaft seal! IMPOSSIBLE!