GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Installing a supercharger on daily driven 05 GT

Search this Thread

Old 8/8/05, 08:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by exc911ence@August 7, 2005, 9:55 PM
I'd be interested in hearing how the dealerships react to the underhood blowers when the car goes in for service or to have SBs done. I'd love a supercharger but the horror stories of voided warrantees have postponed my plans until after the warranty expires.
My dealer doesn't void the warranty, IF they do the install. They will pretty much install anything you want. When my 06 get's here, I have them putting on a ducktail, chin, and a C&L intake with the diablo flash.

For the intake, it's $750 installed. The system itself cost $650 so I figured paying the extra $100 to keep my warranty non-voided was worth it.

Oh yeah, they install the Procharger also, and don't void the warranty
Old 8/8/05, 09:56 AM
Cobra Member

my car is virtually stock on the motor itself.I have added my Banks exhaust system and a set of shorty headers, but other than that nothing!..The kits are designed to install on a 'stock' type motor, but you can always tune the car if you add some extra stuff.I am actually in California,but my tuner is a master dealer for Vortech and does all their show cars so he gets some "special discounts" from Vortech that most don't get...So, he can always meet or best any price you find on Vortech or Paxton stuff
Old 8/8/05, 10:07 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by subzero05@August 8, 2005, 6:01 AM
i can tell you first hand with my Vortech kit that at normal cruising on the hwy @ 60,70, 80 etc with the normal flow of traffic I am NEVER in the boost.It is always in Vacuum and therefore....No addiitonal wear and tear on the motor, which was one of the main reasons I likes the Centrifugal units.You will not see any boost conditions with the Vortech kit on the hwy under normal cruising UNLESS you want too.I believe the standard vortech kit retails for about $4k and the aftercooled kit selling retail for about $5k..Let me know if I can help any further.If you want you can PM if you decide to look into the Vortech one more closely and I can probably get you the best price on one through my contacts.
hey there,

did you have your kit professionaly installed, or did you do it yourself? I am looking into the Vortech kit myself, and I have a hot-rodder buddy who says he wants to install it for me. He's very knowledgeable and builds hot rods from the ground up, but this would be his first 05 Mustang. Is this a bad idea? He told me he'd be straight up and tell me if he couldn't handle it once he checked it out. I mean, it would be nice to save all that dough.
Old 8/8/05, 10:09 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by subzero05@August 8, 2005, 8:59 AM
my car is virtually stock on the motor itself.I have added my Banks exhaust system and a set of shorty headers, but other than that nothing!..The kits are designed to install on a 'stock' type motor, but you can always tune the car if you add some extra stuff.I am actually in California,but my tuner is a master dealer for Vortech and does all their show cars so he gets some "special discounts" from Vortech that most don't get...So, he can always meet or best any price you find on Vortech or Paxton stuff
hey,

who's your dealer? I'm in So. Cal, and if I could find a dealer that would do a S/C install without voiding the warranty that would be awesome!
Old 8/8/05, 05:42 PM
Cobra Member

My tuner is extreme mustang in L.A and he is one of my best friends.His # is 818 883 8836 if you decide you want to get the kit tell him I referred you and you will get the best deal possible.He can also install it for you if your buddy decides against it.Now as far as a dealership that wn't void your warranty if a blower is installed..That is on you..I have made friends with the service manager at my local dealership and so happens they also buy Banks performance products from me, so he will "overlook" it should something happen and not report it to ford.BEST ADVISE; Make friends with a service advisor over at a dealership if you can & one that does alot of aftermarket performance work..I.E. Galpin,Fairway Ford,Ken grody Ford, Sunrise ford etc... to name a few in the L.A area.
Old 8/16/05, 07:55 AM
Cobra Member

I believe under cruise even with a blower, manifold vacuum will be negative because you are hardly letting air in. Think about it this way, you are not making any more power (except to cover the parasitic losses of the blower or supercharger). The wear and the tear part comes in when you put the hammer down.
Old 8/16/05, 08:10 AM
Cobra Member

that is correct. I am is Vac. when in Cruise.I spend most of my time on the hwy and am rarely in the boost unless I so choose.This is the main reason why I went with the CF unit from Vortech
Old 8/16/05, 03:31 PM
GT Member

I've read quite a bit on all three types of blowers - Roots, Twin-Screw, and Centrifugal. For a daily driver with some serious legs, it seems CF makes the most sense. Based on the 1/4 mile numbers stock GTs with ATIs or Vortechs are getting, this theory seems to make sense. Roots is similar to Twin-Screw, but seems vastly inferior. Twin-Screws have a much more evenly distributed power band, but seem to use more gas and could be over the top for low end torque. So with all this considered, why would a daily driver GT owner with a taste for more speed choose anything but a CF unit?

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Twin-Screw. I just don't see much advantage, since the CF would use less gas and gives the driver more control as to when they want to lay the hammer down. Is there something I'm missing here?

I couldn't find anything specific, but will I have to lose a CAI with a CF unit? Any issues with headers, X-pipes, or different mufflers?

Thanks.
Old 8/16/05, 05:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by vppreacher@August 16, 2005, 2:34 PM
So with all this considered, why would a daily driver GT owner with a taste for more speed choose anything but a CF unit?
Because I want the low-end torque, and the twin screw can make as much power as a CF without as much boost.