GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

If you have no clue what you're talking about, don't post

Search this Thread

Old 7/9/07, 11:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bullitt995
You're one of the good ones Don. You actually put forth some valid and personally tested information. I've ignored a bunch of people to date but I've never had people just blatantly tell me the exact opposite of what was actually true for a fairly simple concept.

It's fairly obvious I didn't take their word for it as I did go get the car dynoed.
How simple could the concept be if you had to ask about it? Obviously based on the extensive information you've gone over in this thread this problem was a lot more complicated than you originally told people. Your original question was 2 sentences, and you've now spent several paragraphs explaining what's actually happening and clarifying what's going on.

For future reference, asking a question, not liking the response, then saying that you really "knew all along" what the answer was is not a way to get people to help
Old 7/9/07, 11:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05mustangman
people are just trying to help by giving their personal opinions. granted they might not be the best all the time but their trying to help you out. no one was saying their a "master mechanic", maybe some of the people on here are. you never no. i mean, if you dont like that people on here are trying to help, you shouldn't post your problems here and ask people to try to help. like don said, the internet is full of bs. use some of your common sense and filter out the bs.
That's basicly the bottom line.

I'm just a little on edge and I definatly overreacted because I was a toggle switch away from destroying my motor. Not to mention the dyno operator at the shop said I might as well run the nitrous tune because it's a different tune. I paid my money and got out of there as fast as possible.
Old 7/9/07, 11:35 PM
Bullitt Member

I think I speak for everyone when I say that I'm glad that you got your problem sorted out. It's perfectly understandable that you were on edge however things might have gone a little smoother for you here if you gave youself a little time to calm down before you posted. On the other hand it takes a good person to admit they over reacted so best of luck with your car consider yourself fortunate that you managed to sort it out before you wound up with a grenaded engine.
Old 7/10/07, 12:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was the first one that posted an answer to your question, and I told you it wouldn't make a difference. If you had told us in your post that you thought your plugs were FUBAR'd as bad as they ended up being, I would have probably said that new plugs might make a little AFR difference. I still didn't see 2 whole points coming though, that took me by suprise.

I didn't figure on the fact that you got tuned with the f'd up plugs to begin with. I figured that even if your plugs were f'd up, they were not that way when it was tuned. If the plugs were good when it was tuned, then as they went bad the AFR would also go bad. Putting in new plugs would simply correct the AFR, back to where you started after having it tuned.

In short, hindsight is 20/20. If we saw the condition those plugs were in when you asked the question initially, we might have been more inclined to agree that new plugs would change the AFR. Changing out used plugs are one thing...those things you pulled out of your engine that looked like they spent the last 100 years with the Titanic, totally different.

Sorry for the bad advice though bro. Glad it worked out for you.
Old 7/10/07, 01:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bullitt995
That's basicly the bottom line.

I'm just a little on edge and I definatly overreacted because I was a toggle switch away from destroying my motor. Not to mention the dyno operator at the shop said I might as well run the nitrous tune because it's a different tune. I paid my money and got out of there as fast as possible.

yea man i no how you feel. i freak out if i no there might be something wrong with my car. like one time i took mine in cause i got 4.10s and a custom tune installed on my car. when i got the car back, it was knocking and they said it was just the gas i used. bs, i use nothing but premium. so i just made them put the stock tune back on and got a bamachips sct. i hate it though when you take the car to supposed professionals and then nothing they say makes any sense. like they have no idea what your talking about. especially when you no more than the people at the shop.
Old 7/22/07, 10:33 PM
Bullitt Member

I read your post as new-colder range plugs affecting your a/f.
My comment on driving it like you stole it is in reference to the weekend warriors who have gone colder and prolly are loosing power due to carbon build up (fouling).