GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Hurst Billet Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/07, 12:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MGW
I would like to please ask for anybody that is an MGW customer to please refrain from posting anymore in threads concerning other vendors. I think the MGW threads are VERY helpful in spreading the word and it really is not appropriate to post here. Again, i am just asking please do not think i am trying to tell you guys what to do.

i REALLY appreciate the GREAT customer support from you guys but i think we should show respect for the vendor that the threads are directed too.

Hurst is a great company and makes quality products. I sincerely hope that we some day have 1/10th the name recognition that they have

regards
george
I would like extend an apology to any shifter manufacturer/representative or user of any shifter that might have been offended by any comments I posted in this thread.

My intentions were not to bash any shifters that have been discussed here. I simply expressed my experience with the products I have used and my opinion of those products and the service provided.

302svt, good luck on the Billet shifter, I hope you don't have to wait much longer.. and as I stated previously, it will be a good product and you will enjoy it.

Color Me Gone..!!!
Bobby M.
Old 8/10/07, 03:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will always talk down about a product that doesn't measure up. Isn't that what the forums are for? To let people know your experiences with different products and such? The only reason I've been so persistant here is because I know what works well through personal experience. When I see guys doing what I consider to be a mistake I'll jump on here and say what I have experienced. I've driven 2 cars ('05-up) with the Hurst shifter that's already available and changed one of them over for the guy who was blown away by the difference. I won't say what I switched it to, I might offend somebody. I've owned the triax for my '05.....didn't cut it at all with a high hp application. I don't know how it would have been on a stock 300 hp engine. Pro50 is virtually identical to the triax. My friend's B&M shifter is not that good according to him, but I haven't driven his car. He's currently saving for a ''you know what'' shifter. Another friend's Roush stang has what he terms as an ''ok'' shifter on a non boost car. A guy with a Saleen blower and a stock shifter that employs a Paul's High Performance shift right brace rather than the body mounted set up the car came with speed shifts that thing like there's no tomorrow.

So that's it. I'm happy, not angry. Happy to have what works well and happy to share that with others. Those that feel the need for a certain look....more power to ya. The last thing I want to do is offend someone, but I guess that can't be avoided sometimes. The bottom line for me is when I drop $200-$300 on a shifter, it had better do the job well or I'm moving on and spreading the word.