GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

High Flow Cats

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/07, 07:56 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,706 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Rocky,
I think you are missing my point. Here is Ohio they just stopped E-check in about 20 counties around the state last year after about 20 yrs. of testing. When I say you car will not pass an emissions test with your present CAI and tune I am talking the sniffer test... not visual to see you if your cats are in place. So my point being you can't pass that test than go all the way and take off the cats. Put them back on when you get checked. As far as the rear O2 sensors goes I know most are turned off because the air fuel ratio is different than stock and will confuse the computer. I am running Lidio's 93 octane tune and I know mine are turned off. Brent from Brentspeed also turns them off in his tunes. I also thought Doug turned them off also. That's why guys can run offroad H-pipes and get no CEL's. P.S. I do know what I am suggesting in against the law BTW.
Scott
Scott, correction since my last reply I found out from Doug that he does turn off the rear 02 sensors on all his programs..However he doesn't do this because of emission concerns ? he simply turns them off because 99% of the time, those who request his tunes ? are already running an off road pipe..Although he does leave the front 02 sensors on being that their required for both engine management and also control air/fuel ratio at both part and wide open throttle or during closed loop applications..
Old 2/17/07, 06:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Scott, correction since my last reply I found out from Doug that he does turn off the rear 02 sensors on all his programs..However he doesn't do this because of emission concerns ? he simply turns them off because 99% of the time, those who request his tunes ? are already running an off road pipe..Although he does leave the front 02 sensors on being that their required for both engine management and also control air/fuel ratio at both part and wide open throttle or during closed loop applications..
Thanks for the update Rocky. I guess we are probably all risking some type of issue either with our dealers or the EPA police with all the modding we are doing. I personally am just going to have fun and take my chances. I still have all the stock parts to put back on if needed. Have fun!!
Scott
Old 2/17/07, 11:14 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,706 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Thanks for the update Rocky. I guess we are probably all risking some type of issue either with our dealers or the EPA police with all the modding we are doing. I personally am just going to have fun and take my chances. I still have all the stock parts to put back on if needed. Have fun!!
Scott
Like I said before Scott, I can pretty much put anything on I want and not risk any EPA police nor dealer issues being that I'm exempted, provided of course as long as I keep my Stang under 6000 miles per year, which is not a problem thanks to my Stang's always placed in storage during winter anyhow..
Old 2/19/07, 12:33 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will install the complete Magnaflow exhaust including the new cats. Is anybody here who has installed the same? Is this a solution wich makes the emission of the car legal?