GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Group Buy - Throttle Body Purchase Ready @ $396!

Search this Thread

Old 8/22/05, 12:24 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone,

Lighnting Force Performance and my tuner, SCT Performance Tuning by Andre, are offering a new throttle body for the 05. On a stock GT they are claiming 8.5 rwhp and 8 rwtq. I will be testing one for my S/C to see what rwhp and rwtq can be achived. However, I have worked a deal to get use a great deal on the throttle body as a group buy.

Selling Points:
* Designed & Machines specifically for Lighnting Force Performance
* 62mm Throttle Body
* CNC machined from 6061 billet aluminum. Not casted like other manufactures. This will insure a better fit.
* Anodized in blue, red, black, etc.
* High strength Chrome Molly shaft
* Thin throttle plate to maximize air flow
* Linkage and butterflies machined out of brass
* Improved gearing ratio for better throttle response
* Installs in 15 minutes
* 8.5 rwhp and 8rwtw on a stock Mustang GT

Costs for Group Buy: $396 LFP will give us the Discount!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dyno Results on a Stock, Heat Soaked Engine:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Results from Andre (from ModularFords.com Forum):

Guys my name is Andre and I am a SCT tuner here in Houston. I asked Mark at LFP if I could have one of his new CNC 62mm TB to test my self and he agreeded.
I used a stock 05GT Automatic that I can vouch is bone stock except for some paint work. The car belongs to Patty and is as stock as they come.
I did the test in 3rd gear as to creat a smooth HP and TQ reading with no spikes coming from down shifting and torque converter locking and unlocking as do the stock 05GT's. I also did 3 pulls for each TB to get a heat soaked engine/tranny combo for a equal comparision. I have dyno print out sheets I will post a link to so all can see. But 1st the story:

Dynojet at Hennessey's Motorsports was used and Nick the shop foreman assisted me and witnessed the runs and TB swap.

Stock Throttle Body (TB)
3rd pull in 3rd gear dyno run from 2500 RPM produced 242.1HP at 6000 RPM and 247.5TQ at 4350 RPM

LFP Throttle Body
3rd pull in 3rd gear dyno run from 2500 RPM produced 251.2HP at 6000 RPM and 255.1TQ at 4200 RPM

That's a total of 9.1HP and 7.6TQ with no tuning, no cold air, no cheating of any kind. I like to see the truth, not claimed. No you don't half to believe me, but I know now for myself and can honestly say without any third party hear say that the TB works. I for one do expect a lot more out of the tune since the stock TB produced 12.2 A/F and the LFT TB produced a 11.8 A/F. Leaving a lot of room for more air and more timing to produce a lot more HP.
I am going to go download my pictures of the swap and the dyno sheets so I can come back and post the links for all to see.
BTW the throttle lag loss is due to the quick responce of the gearing in the LFP TB and added TQ coming in so quick.
Unmodified 05 with heat soaked engine made 9.1rwhp and 7.6rwtq. I am hoping someone, vegasjay , will get a modded engine dynoed with his ASAP.

See all images at:

http://www.svt-enthusiast.com/modules/gall...umName=album139

I have 14 people that PM's me for the group buy.

Weedo-------------Silver / Alum
Creedog-----------Silver / Alum
Red Ryder---------Blue
rap1977------------Blue
2k5 pony-----------Blue
Fryguy--------------Silver / Alum
Vegasjay-----------Blue
wild stray-----------Silver / Alum
SC67Stang---------Silver / Alum
Swingle007---------Silver / Alum
05STG1-------------Silver / Alum
nbk13nw------------Silver / Alum
elvism--------------na
zero-----------------Silver / Alum

** Above members have been PM'ed instructions to make purchase

I have extended the deadline. I have requested a dyno chart before I submit everyones names for purchase.

Please DO NOT respond to this Thread.

If you want in the group buy (and you are not on the above list), please PM me by 10pm CST so I know for sure you want to be in - I need your Full Name and how you intend on payment (Credit Card, PayPal, Check, etc).

I will PM everyone with the last bit of information request so you can place your order by evenings end.

-Bryan
Old 8/22/05, 12:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Me again (NBK13NW). I was looking for Red TB. Paying with a credit card.
Old 8/22/05, 03:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Bryan,
I know you didnt want any responses on this thread; But can you give us any hard Dyno numbers (or chart) before we have to order this tonight.
Old 8/22/05, 03:15 PM
Cobra Member

I have been told that the BBK unit will be selling a CAST unti for $299.99 (vs. the Billet TB that LFP is selling). I want you guys to be aware of this.

I will contact Andre and let him know abotu this. If you back out, please make sure you tell Andre.

-Bryan
Old 8/22/05, 03:19 PM
Cobra Member

I am trying to get dyno results. I have requested mutliple time.

-Bryan
Old 8/22/05, 03:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yea that $299 number sounds a little better
Old 8/22/05, 03:28 PM
Cobra Member

I have PM'ed everyone that is on the buy list. Please use your own judgment. If you do not buy, I will understand. When I get a message back from Andre, I will let everyone know what the resulotion is.

The BBK is cast and does not come in colors or polished. The LFP is Billet that comes in colors or polished.

The BBK has proven dyno stats in MM&FF of 18/28. LFP has yet to provide any stats, except for what they claim of 8.5/8 with no tune.

Stay tuned!!!

/frustrated

-Bryan
Old 8/22/05, 03:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Bryan,
Thanks for getting this together regardless if I buy or not!
Old 8/22/05, 03:38 PM
Bullitt Member

i'd like to extend this date until we see some definite numbers, although i am interested---is it a simple bolt on? and any pics?
Old 8/22/05, 03:42 PM
Bullitt Member

sorry for piling on---but i would be in if that number goes to $350---that'll give us an even 15 people----
Old 8/22/05, 03:43 PM
Cobra Member

I am hoping to work the numbers down ... lets see if they can do it.

-Bryan
Old 8/22/05, 05:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Patience@August 22, 2005, 3:45 PM
sorry for piling on---but i would be in if that number goes to $350---that'll give us an even 15 people----

errr an odd 15 ---hee hee---darn alcohol---
Old 8/22/05, 05:11 PM
Bullitt Member

man--BBK $299--he is getting 15 orders---i would say $350 would be acceptable---
Old 8/22/05, 06:58 PM
FR500 Member

Thanks for your work on this Bryan.

Paul
Old 8/22/05, 08:21 PM
Bullitt Member

i'll buy one for under $396-thanks though
Old 8/22/05, 10:47 PM
Bullitt Member

when does the BBK TB come out if its not already out
Old 8/22/05, 11:50 PM
Bullitt Member

OK...I just got your PM, so I missed all this drama today.

The new MM&FF as mentioned has the BBK TB tested, and performed well w/ their new CAI w/ a C&L type pipe..

Quite a difference in HP and TRQ gains between the two....whos right, who's wrong here....

Does anyone feel that between these two TB's there would be such a difference in gains?.... I say NO

-------------------------------
LFP TB GP

More data would be better for all to help in this descion for sure.
Dont be rushed into anything, if the product performs, it will sell on its own....Period.

As mentioned above, a slightly better discount for billet is the way to go.I would pay slightly more for the better piece, no problem there. I think we all know which one looks better...

Do Andre and LFP need to know right now for production, or are these TB's sitting there in our colors waiting to be shipped? Just curious.....

Make this GP 25 units, and have them come down to 350- W/ a given deadline. That will make everyone happy...IMO
They will sell more if they perform as good as they look.
Old 8/23/05, 01:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I am not ordering until I see some hard stats, I dont see what the big rush is here...I will probably order, but why the high pressure, deadlines, etc..........If we slow down and use a little patience here, we will do much better in the long run., Price and Knowledge to make an educated choice!!!
Not flaming you at all Bryan, please don't take offense...Dave
Old 8/23/05, 05:51 AM
Cobra Member

Guys, I am the one that put the dealline. Why ? Because at the time, we have enough people. The deadline was set for others that were on the fence.

However, now I need more information from LFP and Andre. Once I get that, I will update everyone. I havew requested some dyno stats for both a non-modded / stock car and a modded & tuned car to get stats for both.

-Bryan
Old 8/23/05, 06:17 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 05STG1@August 22, 2005, 11:53 PM
The new MM&FF as mentioned has the BBK TB tested, and performed well w/ their new CAI w/ a C&L type pipe..

Quite a difference in HP and TRQ gains between the two....whos right, who's wrong here....

Does anyone feel that between these two TB's there would be such a difference in gains?.... I say NO
-------------------------------
Yea, well they also say that all the hp and tq gains were achieved without a tune. That your car's computer will just "compensate" and perform better. I call BS.

I was offered one of the TBs from Mark at nearly the BBK price before the group purchase started. Just for grins I asked my tuner about it. Not going to go in to detail, just say I still have not purchased one yet. Also, Jim over at JDM has been testing a 62mm one ( no idea who's and don't think it is revelant ) and says while yes it does improve throttle response, it showed ZERO horsepower on a dyno. So I am with davids2toys on this one. Going to hold off until there is a little more data. If I miss out on a good deal, oh well. Don't mind spending $100 on taking a chance of hp, but $400 is quite a bit of a chance. Vegasjay is supposed to be getting his in a couple of days and promised a dyno. Would much rather wait to see what he has to say

Quick Reply: Group Buy - Throttle Body Purchase Ready @ $396!