GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Granatelli Coil Packs, any real dyno proof

Search this Thread

Old 6/11/08, 03:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well Uberpony I will assume your post was directed my way. So if you go back and review my posts in this thread I have said the same thing all the way through. But let me say it again. I believe this mod works on a forced induction cars like yours and Subzero's. I can understand why they would work. But I want know about a N/A car as do others. GMS posted some great advertisement videos. But I don't own a Ford GT supercar, a Terminator, or any other supercharged mustang. Just a little 05 GT that is N/A. And all I am looking for is some proof this mod works on a N/A car. If it doesn't I will move on. I asked GMS to post some proof that it would work for me. Still waiting. So I am very happy this mod works for you. And I fully understand that I can buy this mod and if I am not happy with the results I can return them for a full refund. But the only way I can prove they work is spend another $300 in dyno time which is not refundable to prove anything. Doesn't seem like a smart investment from where I sit. So I am not picking on GMS. I just want proof they will deliver as advertised on "my car" without spending $600. Get it?
Scott
i feel the same way.... no point in buying something that many have tried and did not get results. it's what these forums are good for, hell there's bad news about GMS on every forum i read. has nothing to do w/ belly cramps.... people just don't want to get stuck w/ parts that does not perform as advertised.
Old 6/14/08, 01:03 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry we could not earn your business - I see your pointabout spending money to dyno test but who charges 300 just to check rwhp
Old 6/14/08, 04:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Granatelli
Sorry we could not earn your business - I see your pointabout spending money to dyno test but who charges 300 just to check rwhp

That was the price I was quoted to do a before and after dyno pull plus the labor of swapping the coils.
Old 6/14/08, 08:24 AM
V6 Member

Hmm

[quote=Granatelli;5581385]I called FORD and said send my over one of those Ford GT car you all claim are so bad *** (for free) so I can test drive it and tell everyone if it really as nice as you say - they never called back either.

Ford,Dodge,Chevy and every other car maker does this for cheap PR,if they believe in thier product....It's called Car and Driver, the big name, and every other car mod mag. They give the mag a car and tell them to review,beat the **** out of it,and say what you think..
Old 6/14/08, 10:01 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rick06gtmustang
It's called Car and Driver, the big name, and every other car mod mag.
But what happens when you don't really trust the car mags EITHER? Does anyone else remember the +45hp TB + CAI review a couple of years ago? Everyone called crap on that and when people DID spend their hard earned money (over $600 total), they ended up with less power than they would have had with a JLT or other proven CAI.

How many times have you seen either of the two big Mustang mags do a "product test" on a bone stock car, only they have to retune it to work with the new product. Then they claim their test widget made +25hp when we all know that most of that was simply the tune!

That sort of garbage is the reason the initial call went out for an unbiased, independent test.

And here we are now, several pages and several months latter still going round and round...
Old 6/16/08, 08:59 AM
GT Member

I think I'd rather see before and after time slips myself...
Old 6/16/08, 10:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
That was the price I was quoted to do a before and after dyno pull plus the labor of swapping the coils.
Swapping coils is easier than changing oil. I would never tell anyone to pay for that labor. I would be willing to bet my mother could swap the coils on this car. You should maybe be paying $75 for a couple of dyno pulls.
Old 6/16/08, 12:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Bullitt995
Swapping coils is easier than changing oil. I would never tell anyone to pay for that labor. I would be willing to bet my mother could swap the coils on this car. You should maybe be paying $75 for a couple of dyno pulls.

That was the quoted price. What can I say. I know I could change the coils but since I would do a before and after pull say 1 hour apart it wouldn't prove a thing to change them in advance. I think they quoted 1 hr. to change the coils out. Which seems fair. They would also do 3 pulls before and after the change plus update my tune if required. I know that's overkill but that was the price given. It wasn't just a 1 pull deal which is why the price seems high. Forget about my quoted price Jake. Your taking your eye off of the ball here. The original post in this thread says he read the advertisment where the GMS coil packs will add 12 hp to a N/A motor and more to the FI engines. I have read the same. We have asked GMS to post proof of this. He posted great vids of supercharged versions but nothing N/A. I have asked like 4 thimes for GMS to back up his own advertisment. And I still wait. There have been offers of indepenant testing by Tillman if a set was just sent to him. Still nothing. Tom281 has offered twice in this thread to buy them at retail if they work and at GMS costs if they don't. Again nothing. I could post GMS own vids and advertisement here to prove my point that GMS own advertisements make claims about N/A horsepower increases but I have to ask. Did they lose or forget to make that vid of a N/A car. So for everyone following this thread and this goes for you JR. Go back to the #1 post in this thread and post your responses to his question. Get this thread back on track. Fair enough? I hope this is not coming across as a GMS bash. That is not my intent. Just asking GMS to validate their own advertisements about the 12 hp increase to our N/A motors. You know there is still truth in advertising in my world. Buck up or shut up is my motto about this mod now!!!
Scott

Last edited by 70MACH1OWNER; 6/16/08 at 05:03 PM.
Old 6/16/08, 05:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Well said Scott, I think we all appreciate where you're coming from.
Old 6/16/08, 05:47 PM
Former Vendor

[quote=rick06gtmustang;5583935]
I called FORD and said send my over one of those Ford GT car you all claim are so bad *** (for free) so I can test drive it and tell everyone if it really as nice as you say - they never called back either.

Ford, Dodge, Chevy and every other car maker does this for cheap PR, if they believe in their product....It's called Car and Driver, the big name, and every other car mod mag. They give the mag a car and tell them to review, beat the **** out of it, and say what you think...
OK but when MM&FF tested our stuff 4 times on 4 different car over the last 2 years - and always made great power - that should then be the equivalent. 5.0 called our coils one of the best things to add to a 03-04 cobra. Ranked in the top 10 easiest bolts on. But a few here or on other sites said - "when ever the mags say something nice about a product they must have been paid to say it" - so how can a manufacture win? I gave away parts for guys to test when we launched this product line 3 years ago - Horse by Herman is a great example -
Old 6/16/08, 06:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

[quote=Granatelli;5585137]
Originally Posted by rick06gtmustang

OK but when MM&FF tested our stuff 4 times on 4 different car over the last 2 years - and always made great power - that should then be the equivalent. 5.0 called our coils one of the best things to add to a 03-04 cobra. Ranked in the top 10 easiest bolts on. But a few here or on other sites said - "when ever the mags say something nice about a product they must have been paid to say it" - so how can a manufacture win? I gave away parts for guys to test when we launched this product line 3 years ago - Horse by Herman is a great example -
JR
This will be a very simple and direct question. So listen and respond only to this question. No other quotes from anywhere else. Please. "Did GMS test these coils on a N/A 2005-2008 Mustang GT and do you have proof of your advertised 12 hp gain"? I know this is looking more and more like I am calling you out but that is not the case. I can assure you. But I ask again. Where is your proof these work on a N/A and are worth your advertised claims? You surely tested your own product...right? It is you and not me that is making my and the original posters question so hard now...

Last edited by 70MACH1OWNER; 6/16/08 at 06:12 PM.
Old 6/16/08, 06:08 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RRRoamer
But what happens when you don't really trust the car mags EITHER? Does anyone else remember the +45hp TB + CAI review a couple of years ago? Everyone called crap on that and when people DID spend their hard earned money (over $600 total), they ended up with less power than they would have had with a JLT or other proven CAI.

How many times have you seen either of the two big Mustang mags do a "product test" on a bone stock car, only they have to retune it to work with the new product. Then they claim their test widget made +25hp when we all know that most of that was simply the tune!

That sort of garbage is the reason the initial call went out for an unbiased, independent test.

And here we are now, several pages and several months latter still going round and round...
I am a bit confused by this post. Although I always understand when people are leery. I think is says a lot for the product when we say "or your money back". Likewise I feel like I have put myself out there enough times for the majority to say - yes it is real. ... From my point of view every time a new post is started I get asked to give away another set of coils. Today we dyno an 04 Cobra - guy called in last week saying the coils were crap and he read on the boards they were crap and the car did not run ever since he paid XYZ to install them. Well when he got here today it was discovered that the installer never snapped the harness back on the rear coil T/B side (pass). We scanned it before we even opened the hood - saw the issue, opened the hood, removed the intake and then the coil cover and simply snapped the harness back into place. I wish I had a picture of his face. - we then dyno'd it and it had a billion things wrong with it of which none were the coils.

I just want happy customers and I am happy to help - giving awasy free product does not help - When the car makes the power then I will be told - well you gave him free stuff so he said nice things
Old 6/16/08, 06:11 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Bullitt995
thanks - I agree time is money. If a shop charged $45 for 30 minutes of work that would be fair - we do the installs here for customer that walk in for $25.00 on 3v, $35 for 2v and $65 for 4v
Old 6/16/08, 06:21 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
JR
This will be a very simple and direct question. So listen and respond only to this question. No other quotes from anywhere else. Please. "Did GMS test these coils on a N/A 2005-2008 Mustang GT and do you have proof of your advertised 12 hp gain"?

(Just quoting for emphasis. I have nothing else to add.)
Old 6/16/08, 06:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

thanks - I agree time is money. If a shop charged $45 for 30 minutes of work that would be fair - we do the installs here for customer that walk in for $25.00 on 3v, $35 for 2v and $65 for 4v

It's been 35 years since I have been anywhere near a girls locker room. But I am thinking I need to head toward one. Because it seems I am invisible!! And you need you go back and listen to your own advertismest videos and to how long the install will take. These are your words....not mine!

Last edited by 70MACH1OWNER; 6/16/08 at 06:33 PM.
Old 6/16/08, 06:56 PM
Former Vendor

That was the quoted price. What can I say. I know I could change the coils but since I would do a before and after pull say 1 hour apart it wouldn't prove a thing to change them in advance. I think they quoted 1 hr. to change the coils out. Which seems fair. They would also do 3 pulls before and after the change plus update my tune if required. I know that's overkill but that was the price given. It wasn't just a 1 pull deal which is why the price seems high.
There is no retuning involved – if you had to tune it, then everyone would say it came from the tune.

Forget about my quoted price Jake. You’re taking your eye off of the ball here. The original post in this thread says he read the advertisement where the GMS coil packs will add 12 hp to a N/A motor and more to the FI engines. I have read the same. We have asked GMS to post proof of this. He posted great vids of supercharged versions but nothing N/A. I have asked like 4 times for GMS to back up his own advertisement. And I still wait.
I posted a dyno test on a N/A 3v that made 8hp

There have been offers of independent testing by Tillman if a set was just sent to him. Still nothing. Tom281 has offered twice in this thread to buy them at retail if they work and at GMS costs if they don't. Again nothing.
SCREEEEEEECH – NOT TRUE. I SAID I WOULD SELL THE COILS AT COST AND I PM’D A FEW GUYS THAT PURCHASED – THEY ALL SAID THEY WOULD POST WHEN THEY WERE DONE TESTING

I could post GMS own vids and advertisement here to prove my point that GMS own advertisements make claims about N/A horsepower increases but I have to ask. Did they lose or forget to make that vid of a N/A car.
So for everyone following this thread and this goes for you JR. Go back to the #1 post in this thread and post your responses to his question. Get this thread back on track. Fair enough? I hope this is not coming across as a GMS bash. That is not my intent. Just asking GMS to validate their own advertisements about the 12 hp increase to our N/A motors. You know there is still truth in advertising in my world. Buck up or shut up is my motto about this mod now!!!
Scott
I agree I do not have a video archive of a N/A motor – 90% of what comes in here is turbo and supercharged – we are doing a Nitrous car in 2 weeks or less and I will do the before and after before we do the nitrous
Old 6/16/08, 06:59 PM
Former Vendor

[quote=70MACH1OWNER;5585144]

JR
This will be a very simple and direct question. So listen and respond only to this question. No other quotes from anywhere else. Please. "Did GMS test these coils on a N/A 2005-2008 Mustang GT and do you have proof of your advertised 12 hp gain"? I know this is looking more and more like I am calling you out but that is not the case. I can assure you. But I ask again. Where is your proof these work on a N/A and are worth your advertised claims? You surely tested your own product...right? It is you and not me that is making my and the original posters question so hard now...
Yes - we have tested these coils on an otherwise stock 05 Mustang and saw 7hp - both times the engine was pulled at 190^ water temp. I posted this data see post #60

Last edited by Granatelli; 6/16/08 at 07:02 PM.
Old 6/16/08, 07:08 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by traffic142
I saw the latest flyer from Moss Mustang where they ( Granatelli ) are selling coil packs and claim a 12 hp increase on natural aspirated motors (more on blown or turbo models).

Is there any proof to a HP increase with this mod? No offense to Granatelli, but others have claimed mods will increase HP (TB for example) and that was all BS.
Let's make this easy - I will sell 2 sets of hot street coils to the first two people that call my office at 805-486-6644 ext 11 - I will do each set for $245.00 a set - that's 30.62 each

http://www.jegs.com/i/Accel/110/140032/10002/-1 Accel replacments which offer NO help what so ever cost 34.99 each

here is what you will get http://www.jegs.com/i/Granatelli/467/25-2001/10002/-1 except the correct model year to match your car
Old 6/16/08, 07:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

[quote=Granatelli;5585190]

Yes - we have tested these coils on an otherwise stock 05 Mustang and saw 7hp - both times the engine was pulled at 190^ water temp. I posted this data see post #60

Hmmm.. Okay. I remember this post now. So now we are down from the advertised increase of 12 HP to 7 hp. Right? With proper rounding it is more like 6 hp. Again..these are your posted numbers and advertisments. It must be hard to decide what hole in your face to stick the spoon in when you sit down to eat supper ever night. I done!!

Last edited by 70MACH1OWNER; 6/16/08 at 07:25 PM.
Old 6/16/08, 07:35 PM
Former Vendor

[quote=70MACH1OWNER;5585207]

Hmmm.. Okay. I remember this post now. So now we are down from the advertised increase of 12 HP to 7 hp. Right? With proper rounding it is more like 6 hp. Again..these are your posted numbers and advertisments. It must be hard to decide what hole in your face to stick the spoon in when you sit down to eat supper ever night. I done!!
the 12hp claim came from Moss MtrSprts not me. However we have N/A 3v motors that do make 12hp increase but they have other add ons as well. No one ever said our coils were teh 2nd coming. We just said they are a nice add on and the car runs better. If anyone wants or needs to do a coil change you can get a set of ours that are way better then stock - have a 3 times longer warranty - add power and the car runs smoother. In the truck world we sell a ton of then and guys report a MPG increase as well

Quick Reply: Granatelli Coil Packs, any real dyno proof