GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Got My Mods Done Today at JDM; Results

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/05, 04:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm gonna have to see if I can get a copy of it from the shop....Can't find it anywhere around here...I was planning on going this morning with Bryan (2005redgt), but his JLT isn;t gonna make it on time so it's gonna be next weekend....I'll do my best to get up there at that time and run it again...Might be good anyway as the motor only had like 800 miles on it last time out and now it has almost 1800....it's opened up a lot since I was there last....I'll post as soon as I go again!!
Old 2/26/05, 07:52 AM
Cobra Member

Those are pretty good numbers! Sounds like they are treating you well!
Old 2/26/05, 08:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Absolutely incredible numbers! :worship: This really demonstrates how a good dyno tune (or street tune) that is customized for your car squeezes every last bit of power out.

Did they give you any indication of whether they could tweak any more out of it by using their intake?

There seems to be a trend showing that good numbers don't need an aftermarket intake, only removal of the HC trap. I'm starting to question whether an aftermarket intake is really worth it...
Old 2/26/05, 09:12 AM
Cobra Member

took it out this morning to check it out again and this car moves.
Old 2/26/05, 09:16 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Import-Slaya@February 26, 2005, 9:31 AM
Absolutely incredible numbers! :worship: This really demonstrates how a good dyno tune (or street tune) that is customized for your car squeezes every last bit of power out.

Did they give you any indication of whether they could tweak any more out of it by using their intake?

There seems to be a trend showing that good numbers don't need an aftermarket intake, only removal of the HC trap. I'm starting to question whether an aftermarket intake is really worth it...
ill be taking it back for some minor adjustment and most likely get some more hp across the curve. i didnt get the cai because i was told it really didnt give that more hp.JDM REALLY IS THE BEST !!!!!
Old 2/26/05, 09:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by elvism+February 26, 2005, 10:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(elvism @ February 26, 2005, 10:19 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Import-Slaya@February 26, 2005, 9:31 AM

ill be taking it back for some minor adjustment and most likely get some more hp across the curve. i didnt get the cai because i was told it really didnt give that more hp.JDM REALLY IS THE BEST !!!!!
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the info. They are about a 4 hour drive (each way) for me, but I think it will be worth it to get a good dyno tune from someone with their experience.
Old 2/26/05, 11:17 AM
Cobra Member

Good #'s It's hard to find a good shop, sounds like you did. That's half the battle in itself.
Old 2/26/05, 12:40 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@February 25, 2005, 9:50 PM
I've run into a shop here in town who approaches tuning differently.

He tunes on the street at $72.00 an hour. He only uses the dyno for H.P. and Torque readings before and after.

I personally like that approach.
Now 66, I know I'm new to tuning and such but, I must question this logic. I only question it, wanting to see you get the best possible result's for your money. Doing this "street tuning", how could that person know if the adjustment's they are making are helping or hurting. Without realtime data I don't see how one could do this with any proficiency. More importantly however, would be the realtime air/fuel ratio monitoring that is critical when making adjustments on these super sensitive cpu's we now have. I would be worried that the street tuning this person did could lean it out dramaticaly, then by the time you strap it to the dyno to see what you got it might be to late.

Just some food for thought. IMO I think you woud be money ahead and safer, dyno tuning. I just want to see you get good result's, mabey I worry to much, and don't know enough about your guy and his method's. I just wouldn't think that anyone would know enough about the 05 to blind tune it. I hope whichever way you go serves you well!
Old 2/26/05, 12:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Gotta agree with Justin here, unless this guy works with a Nascar team or something....LOL...sounds risky and at very little savings over using a dyno and doing it with documentation....whatever works for everybody I guess, but I would highly caution most against that method, as you may not have access to a person of this particular gentleman's quality....

John
Old 2/26/05, 03:14 PM

Originally posted by elvism+February 25, 2005, 10:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(elvism @ February 25, 2005, 10:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-2005MustangGT@February 25, 2005, 8:48 PM
Quick question, may sound stupid, never had a car that has had to have a computer reflash for every mod and never had a car dynoed, but did JDM tune your car w/ just the SCT tuner and the Dyno results, or was there another component involved?
Thanks
jdm would do the sct and dynos and then go back to the computer and see what was needed to be corrected. i had about 10 pulls during my testing of the car.
[/b][/quote]

10 pulls on the Dyno to get the tunes right... You have got to be kidding ? These tunes have already been dyno tested from SCT and downloaded to the dealers and are usually dead on. Why so many pulls, its naturally aspirated... Its not like he has to worry about A/Fs and a blower. Oh thats right it was JDM. Well good luck !

And by the way tuning on the street and datalogging is a much better approach. I know several tuners that use SCT datalogging with highend A/F meters and have had great success with tuning vehicles. Dynoing is for baselining the vehicle but the loads are never the same as the street or track and you aren't driving it on a dyno... I have always datalogged 1/4 mile runs and made much more power with adjustments from those logs than the Dyno. But to each his own.
Old 2/26/05, 03:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well Jon, the 2005's are a different breed....with new cars come new methods, ya know?

John
Old 2/26/05, 05:00 PM
FR500 Member

mm49....thank you, you did my response for me

Tuning on the street is logging "real data" and monitoring live airflow with real loads on the vehicle. I don't see how that's a negative thing at all!

Just my opinion, it's not about saving money, it's about NOT wasting it.

You got great results, good on ya! Hopefully I'll get similar results!
Old 2/26/05, 05:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm gonna slap Tony around with a large trout now....LOL J/K bro...like ya said, whatever works for you is all good.....as long as we all get more power it doesn't matter what path we take to get there....

John
Old 2/26/05, 05:13 PM
Cobra Member

Let me borrow that fish when your done John. I probabley do worry too much... Let us know how this guy does, If he is real good, then maybey I'll drive down there, and stay w/u, while he does my car!
Old 2/26/05, 06:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by mm49+February 26, 2005, 4:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mm49 @ February 26, 2005, 4:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by elvism@February 25, 2005, 10:05 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-2005MustangGT
@February 25, 2005, 8:48 PM
Quick question, may sound stupid, never had a car that has had to have a computer reflash for every mod and never had a car dynoed, but did JDM tune your car w/ just the SCT tuner and the Dyno results, or was there another component involved?
Thanks

jdm would do the sct and dynos and then go back to the computer and see what was needed to be corrected. i had about 10 pulls during my testing of the car.
10 pulls on the Dyno to get the tunes right... You have got to be kidding ? These tunes have already been dyno tested from SCT and downloaded to the dealers and are usually dead on. Why so many pulls, its naturally aspirated... Its not like he has to worry about A/Fs and a blower. Oh thats right it was JDM. Well good luck !

And by the way tuning on the street and datalogging is a much better approach. I know several tuners that use SCT datalogging with highend A/F meters and have had great success with tuning vehicles. Dynoing is for baselining the vehicle but the loads are never the same as the street or track and you aren't driving it on a dyno... I have always datalogged 1/4 mile runs and made much more power with adjustments from those logs than the Dyno. But to each his own.
[/b][/quote]
the automatic is different then the 5 speed. the lock converter would kick in and would shift into overdrive too early. jdm looks for the best power curves not just by looking at spikes on a chart and saying that the horsepower peak. know what your saying before judging someone methods. jdm like i said has done plenty of 5 speeds including there own but this is the first automatic that they have worked on.
Old 2/26/05, 07:05 PM
FR500 Member

Mmmmm I like trout! As long as it's not of the "trouser" variety
Old 2/26/05, 07:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Mike, I'm sorry but reading your original post I could take it either way, so I'll just ask you directly.

Did you see a hp/tq spike in either the 5K range 4th gear or the 90mph area on your dyno graph?
Old 2/26/05, 07:20 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by My Blue Heaven@February 26, 2005, 8:16 PM
Mike, I'm sorry but reading your original post I could take it either way, so I'll just ask you directly.

Did you see a hp/tq spike in either the 5K range 4th gear or the 90mph area on your dyno graph?
yes i did. my results do not count this number where the spike went to. i will be going back to jdm for that reason . jdm wants this car of mine to run perfect. everything should be run smooth from bottom to top hp/torque. there should no no dips at critical points in shifting. if this were a 5pd jdm would have solved this issue.ill be back in about a month.ill keep you posted and you do the same for me
Old 2/27/05, 01:36 AM
3rd Times A Charm

Something doesn't seem right. $1,200 just for the SCT and pullies. Labor must have been insane. Or the Dyno runs were expensive as heck. I've never dynoed so I don't know what to expect.

Is this normal???
Old 2/27/05, 06:21 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 05GT-BABY@February 27, 2005, 2:39 AM
Something doesn't seem right. $1,200 just for the SCT and pullies. Labor must have been insane. Or the Dyno runs were expensive as heck. I've never dynoed so I don't know what to expect.

Is this normal???
$475 for the dynos and tuning