GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

GOING TO ORDER HEADERS

Search this Thread

Old 3/5/06, 05:45 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down

Allright, I already ordered the frpp/ borla stinger axleback, already have mac prochamber. Tommorow I will be ordering c&l intake/tuner, and highflow cat's but I am plexing on the headers. Should I get shorty's or longtubes. I really want the longtubes because I know how much it will change the exhaust but I am worried about them being too loud. Will the longtubes be too loud for this setup. Will it be too loud for everyday driving, please help!
Old 3/5/06, 06:01 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005sonicgt @ March 5, 2006, 7:48 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Allright, I already ordered the frpp/ borla stinger axleback, already have mac prochamber. Tommorow I will be ordering c&l intake/tuner, and highflow cat's but I am plexing on the headers. Should I get shorty's or longtubes. I really want the longtubes because I know how much it will change the exhaust but I am worried about them being too loud. Will the longtubes be too loud for this setup. Will it be too loud for everyday driving, please help!
[/b][/quote]

Are you getting the C&L racer kit? I would at this point. If you are going to do a header job, it is no JOKE
. Read my other post. If you are going to do this, do it right and get LT's. JBA longtubes post +23RWHP gain. My set up is not to loud. My set up sounds deep, compared to the X-pipe I had on with no cats, that was loud. Not sure which manufactuer you are going to consider, but I am pleased with the JBA set up. If you go JBA, make sure you get gaskets from them. You will also need motor mounts.
Old 3/5/06, 06:25 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

[quote name='Torrence' date='March 5, 2006, 5:04 PM' post='657807']
Are you getting the C&L racer kit? I would at this point. If you are going to do a header job, it is no JOKE
. Read my other post. If you are going to do this, do it right and get LT's. JBA longtubes post +23RWHP gain. My set up is not to loud. My set up sounds deep, compared to the X-pipe I had on with no cats, that was loud. Not sure which manufactuer you are going to consider, but I am pleased with the JBA set up. If you go JBA, make sure you get gaskets from them. You will also need motor mounts.
[/quot

My bad, I am getting mac cat's and headers , I meant to put that in there. I am going to get the regular c&l intake, I have not heard of the racer intake. So the LT'S shouldn't make it too loud just real deep, right.
Old 3/5/06, 09:34 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 10:07 PM
Cobra Member

Adam, I can post again. here is a pic of the C&L racer CAI.
Old 3/6/06, 09:42 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Torrence @ March 5, 2006, 9:10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Adam, I can post again. here is a pic of the C&L racer CAI.
[/b][/quote]

Pic look's sweet, but doesn't it produce the same amount of HP as the regular c&l.
Old 3/6/06, 10:08 AM
Cobra Member

That's what I have been trying to find out. It has a larger cone so I would think it made more HP.
Old 3/6/06, 12:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Brent at Brenspeed said it made very slightly more HP than the regular. But, if the user was going to go racing it would be better for the extra air with more race parts. But, for the everyday guy the additional air wouldn't make much difference.

I have the MAC LT's with an O/R Prochamber and Flowmasters. It is only loud when you want it to be. Under Acceleration it is very nice. At cruising speeds it is just a nice rumble.
Old 3/6/06, 12:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Double Post
Old 3/7/06, 04:15 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eleanor Dreaming @ March 6, 2006, 11:30 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Brent at Brenspeed said it made very slightly more HP than the regular. But, if the user was going to go racing it would be better for the extra air with more race parts. But, for the everyday guy the additional air wouldn't make much difference.

I have the MAC LT's with an O/R Prochamber and Flowmasters. It is only loud when you want it to be. Under Acceleration it is very nice. At cruising speeds it is just a nice rumble.
[/b][/quote]

How much did the headers change the sound of the exhaust. I'm going more for sound than power.