GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

FRPP/Whipple supercharger and hot weather...

Search this Thread

Old 1/29/07, 11:06 AM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks guys.. really
MaverickMLFD371: please let me know soon as you get it photocopied, so we can arrange for mailing it over
Old 1/29/07, 11:10 AM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mustang_lurkers
You will have to post some pictures of the car when you are finished. A great back drop would be at that mall that looks like ancient egypt with the giant statues and stuff.
That's Wafi city you're talking about
the other day i drove out to Oman for some scenic spot and took these photos for a magazine article.. so this is as good as it gets looks wise
Attached Thumbnails FRPP/Whipple supercharger and hot weather...-img_0846.jpg   FRPP/Whipple supercharger and hot weather...-img_0861.jpg   FRPP/Whipple supercharger and hot weather...-img_0867.jpg   FRPP/Whipple supercharger and hot weather...-img_0862.jpg  
Old 1/29/07, 11:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PM me your address, I'll photocopy the instructions tomorrow while I'm here at work and mail it to you.
Old 2/10/07, 10:57 AM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

So i'm getting lots of mixed opinions out there.. you guys say it's okay.. people running blown cars (vetts and what not) down here in Dubai are suggesting i don't even drive it out when it's over 95F, or just run it at 7PSI boost..
again i'm at a loss
Old 2/10/07, 12:16 PM
Former Vendor

To be safe, I would run the 8PSI optional pulley from whipple, with a detune, and add water wetter into your intercooler like mentioned above. You will have no problems as long as you monitor your temperatures.

When it becomes winter and the temperatures drop to 70 or so, it would be safe to put the 10PSI pully back on with the right tune, and keep the additives in the intercooler.

IMHO

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 2/12/07, 04:21 AM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

CR,

all cars imported into this region are specially made to "gulf specifications" which usually mean less emission related sensors and restrictions, and a larger radiator

i know for a fact my car never had the HC trap or rear O2 sensors (you can see the rear O2 sensors missing from the stock calibration for ECU code TPS1)

i just don't know if my radiator is in fact bigger.. which brings up two questions

if it is indeed bigger.. won't i have possible fitment issues with the intercooler?
if it isn't bigger, then i think i should be investing in a fluidline/becool radiator with a better thermostat (hypertech)

eitherway i think the best course of action is once the SC is on, to keep an eye on the running temperatures (especially when the weather starts turning hellish down here in Dubai), and decide on the next course of action..
Old 2/12/07, 06:51 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Loie,
I don't think the size of your radiator will matter if it is mounted like the Saleen Supercharger Intercooler. Mine is mounted under the bumper on the front side of the bumper with the radiator well behind the bumper. You will see when the front facia comes off. I do think the other superchargers use a similar intercooler mounting style. Good Luck!
Old 2/12/07, 08:53 AM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mustang_lurkers
Hi Loie,
I don't think the size of your radiator will matter if it is mounted like the Saleen Supercharger Intercooler. Mine is mounted under the bumper on the front side of the bumper with the radiator well behind the bumper. You will see when the front facia comes off. I do think the other superchargers use a similar intercooler mounting style. Good Luck!
well i hope i won't have trouble with the GT500 front fascia then :S
Old 2/14/07, 07:38 PM

Just an update to all you guys out there that are curious about the Whipple:

All manual transmission Whipple Kits now come with a tuning certificate. When you receive the kit you register at Fordracinparts.com for the tuner. At this point you will be asked for your vin # and some other information regarding and mods you have on the car (Tire size, Gear Ratio, ect.) Then Ford will send you the flash tool.

The Automatic kits still require the computer to be sent to Whipple for a flash but I believe we will see that end shortly.

Hope that helps. Jared
Old 2/15/07, 09:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

Jared, Welcome to TMS, good to see you finally make it on here!

Anyone wants a whipple kit, ^^^ Jared is the guy to get it from. Got mine from him, great deal, great customer service. Couldn't be Happier!

Jared @ Lethal Performance
Old 2/15/07, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371
Jared, Welcome to TMS, good to see you finally make it on here!

Anyone wants a whipple kit, ^^^ Jared is the guy to get it from. Got mine from him, great deal, great customer service. Couldn't be Happier!

Jared @ Lethal Performance
Thanks for the warm welcome. I have yet to get a response from the admin about becoming a vendor here so I'll stay away from any type of advertising until then. If I see someone needing help or has a question I'll still chime in and do the best I can to help. Thanks again bro. Jared