GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Found a great deal on LCA's for $114.55 w/lifetime warranty on all bushings

Search this Thread

Old 12/23/08, 11:38 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
go ahead and get the camber bolts to take to the shop if you plan a alignment...they will tell you you need camber plates...you don't...bolts work fine...i never had mine professionally aligned...all i did was throw a set of bolts in and used a angle finder to adjust to factory camber specs...toe was not affected and my tire wear is normal...but hey ...go spend money on a alignment if you want to...and by the way...the adjustable panhard is a MUST no matter what wheel combo you have...unless you like having it off center...

-- adjustable upper control arm really is not a problem unless you have a 4" shaft and it is rubbing your tunnel...mine did and with some adjustment it is cured...
Old 12/24/08, 01:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I lucked out on my rear alignment even though I installed the Steeda Ultralites, Steeda ProAction struts, Steeda HD upper strut mounts, CHE adjustable panhard bar and brace, and CHE LCA's and brackets myself. I set the HD strut mounts in the exact center as they provide a one degree camber adjustment in each direction. After installing the springs and struts, I installed the panhard bar. I matched it up with the stock bar prior to installing it just for a point of reference. I then planned on measuring the rear tires to see if it was farther to one side. I also installed the J&M LCA's and CHE anti-squat brackets. I took it over to my regular shop for an alignment and asked them to check the pinion angle and rear alignment while they were at it. To my surprise, the front alignment was nearly right on the money. They changed the camber very little and the caster was also pretty close. Then they found the pinion angle and rear axle alignment to be right on with no need for adjustment of the panhard bar or a need for adjustable UCA's to be installed for changing the pinion angle. I still might do UCA's and HD UCA mounts some day anyway. I am also looking at the Steeda X5 ball joint and bump steer kit if anyone has any experience with those.