GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Finally got Supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/06, 05:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just when i thought that car couldn't be any better! I am (Lime) green with envy. I hope I'll get to see it in person at MOSI next month.

If any of us had payed attention back in May, we would have noticed that you sort of gave your secret away when you commented on our trip to the local dyno that you couldn't attend:

"sounds like you guys had alot of fun maybe next time I will join ya and have something a lil more to dyno"

Sounds like this was in the works for a while! Anyway, looks great and enjoy.
Old 9/8/06, 07:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Looks sweet....powder coat those valve covers and you will be bumping
Old 9/9/06, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by LimeGT
Just when i thought that car couldn't be any better! I am (Lime) green with envy. I hope I'll get to see it in person at MOSI next month.

If any of us had payed attention back in May, we would have noticed that you sort of gave your secret away when you commented on our trip to the local dyno that you couldn't attend:

"sounds like you guys had alot of fun maybe next time I will join ya and have something a lil more to dyno"

Sounds like this was in the works for a while! Anyway, looks great and enjoy.
I have had this in the works for awhile. Just had to get everything lined up just right with money and all.
I will deffinately be at the MOSI show and cant wait to meet up with you.
Old 9/10/06, 11:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome to the club Perry, looks sweet in polish, they didn't have that one back in April when I got mine.

Anyways, you'll love it. And the Roush people are fantastic to deal with as I've had 2 little problems (which I posted a few weeks ago, both now fixed). The best thing was the re-program I got from them after experiencing the overly protective 2-3 shift for the auto trans. Your program is a Gen 2 program (I think I was about the 1st person in Canada or the US to receive/install their first auto tune R Charger back in April) and its been modified since. I actually went to Roush in Detroit (end of August, and wow, what a place !!) to get them to drive my car before the re-flash and I spent some time trying to recommend further changes for our automatics. I think I made some valid points and the tranny guy (who was super to deal with by the way) said he'd be working on it. Of course, Roush will have to stay within Ford's parameters for warranty's sake but in the interim, I'm proud to be the guinea pig for a Gen 3 tune.

Have fun....and I'm curious about your dyno results too.....haven't had a chance to get mine done.

Mark
Old 9/11/06, 08:54 PM

Hey there Original Sin
I have also been in touch with Roush about getting a tune for those of us that want to change gears in our autos.
I was talking with Doug and he said there wouldnt be prob for him to fix me up a tune just for the gear swap.
On the other hand I am a little concerned about voiding the Roush warrenty if I screw with the tune.
But with some better gears this car will kick some
SERIOUS ****.
Old 9/11/06, 09:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mustangshadow
But with some better gears this car will kick some
SERIOUS ****.
Hmmmm... maybe compared to a N/A car, but I don't think so if you compare it to any other supercharged car. But, I'd still like to see some numbers (i.e., timeslips, not a dyno sheet) for one of these blowers. Has anyone actually taken one to the track yet?
Old 9/11/06, 10:23 PM

Hmmmm... I dont remember comparing my car but thats ok I love you anyways.
What I was saying is that with some better gears my car will launch faster. Sorry that I didnt clarify that for some people.
Old 9/11/06, 11:16 PM
Cobra Member

What I was saying is that with some better gears my car will launch faster. Sorry that I didn't clarify that for some people.
I think most of us are aware of the purpose behind changing gear's...

A valid point was brought up. I have never seen any track times posted for a Roush charger either...They have been out for awhile now, you would think there would be a time slip posted somewhere.
Old 9/12/06, 06:07 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Jeesh - I missed this thread earlier.
Now I see exactly what Dave's "upper eschilon" of Mustangs comment was about. Truly sweet! Add me to the "Very Jealous" list.
Old 9/12/06, 01:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

It's OK Perry......when us Roushed guys can take a few minutes from having so much fun, we'll go to the dyno and post the numbers. They're not going to be up there with the Vortechs, Prochargers and Saleens but what the heck, we knew that. And of course there's that other thing....what is it....oh yeah, WARRANTY. In the interim, the Roush people are willing to listen to and work with their customers so who knows what they'll let us do if we keep pestering them for more

And I love you too Don, despite the fact that reading all your stuff got me onto this s-charger thing. Never enough power, is there ????????
Old 9/12/06, 05:28 PM
Bullitt Member

So a Roush dealer has to do the install for the warrenty? Does the warrenty take the entire drive train?

The kit is complete with the intercooler, too, correct?

The website isn't very descriptive...
Old 9/12/06, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Vegasjay
I think most of us are aware of the purpose behind changing gear's...

A valid point was brought up. I have never seen any track times posted for a Roush charger either...They have been out for awhile now, you would think there would be a time slip posted somewhere.
hey there sorry man the "some people" part was only directed to Dons comment. I wasnt saying anything to the fact that my car is better or faster in the KICK SOME SERIOUS **** comment.
I am more than happy with my car and I know that you especially know about gears and such.
What I did mean though is by changing gears the car FOR me will kick some butt.
Old 9/12/06, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by AFChief
So a Roush dealer has to do the install for the warrenty? Does the warrenty take the entire drive train?

The kit is complete with the intercooler, too, correct?

The website isn't very descriptive...
yes the kit is complete with the intercooler. It even comes with an overnight box to ship the ECM back to Roush to be programmed.
Roush does pick up on everything that does get voided due to the supercharger
Old 9/12/06, 06:30 PM

05GT-O.C.D.
Thanks for the comment, shes slowly getting to where I want her

Original sin
I really wanted to get her dynoed at the MCA show. I was hoping that Doug was going to bring his portable dyno but no luck there.

to all others they had a special on the Roushcharger on Horsepower tv last weekend and they put up 369 to the wheels if I remember correctly
Old 9/12/06, 06:34 PM

AFChief
Roush told me when I was looking to have it installed that any certified mechanic will do. Luckily I just happen to have a certified Roush dealership near me otherwise you could have it done at any Ford dealership as long as they want to do the install. I actually went to a few dealerships and they didnt want to touch it.
Old 9/12/06, 06:38 PM

also for anyone that is interested in some other info on the stage 3's and all that in the Oct. issue of MM&FF they did do a write up on it.
The best run they did in the write up was a 12.63 @109mph
Old 9/12/06, 07:18 PM
Bullitt Member

AFChief
Roush told me when I was looking to have it installed that any certified mechanic will do. Luckily I just happen to have a certified Roush dealership near me otherwise you could have it done at any Ford dealership as long as they want to do the install. I actually went to a few dealerships and they didnt want to touch it.
Hmmm. Maybe I'll call them up. The price is tempting, but not if I have to pay someone else to put it in. Are the eXtra gauges needed?
Old 9/12/06, 07:23 PM

Roush is great to talk with. They will help you with anything you need.
The gauges are not needed but they sure do help as to always knowing whats going on with your stang. If I was only going to get one I would go for the VAC/Boost
gauge.
In the end we ended up paying 550.00 to install the roushcharger which took them 3 days from start to finish.
It was well worth the money to have someone else do it
and retain the factory warrenty
Old 9/12/06, 10:24 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DANG that car is pretty......

Can't wait till MOSI bro!!!!

Old 9/18/06, 09:44 PM
GT Member

I professionnaly installed my own roushcharger and I love it and have had not a problem yet. Would have like the polished one if it would have been available at the time
here is the install
http://www.fnsweet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25020