GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Diablosport Predator issues

Search this Thread

Old 5/16/07, 10:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diablosport Predator issues

So this has been going on for almost 3 weeks now. Ordered tunes from someone who is very reputable and otherwise knows what they are doing.
I have LTHs, catted x-pipe, WMS CAI w/ ram air system and CMCV delete plates.
Pretty simple mods and one would think they should be easy to write a tune for.
With the first set of tunes the car would start and die. It was drivable but with all sort of issues and throwing codes.
Park the car.
Takes the guy a week to correct it. In the meantime I add the CMCV deletes and tell him on the phone, via a PM and an e-mail that I have done this and he acknowledges that he will make the changes to the tune.
After several occurences of "You will have it this day" and nothing, I finally get the tunes.
Car runs like crap. Lots of trouble codes again.
He forgot to make the changes for the CMCV deletes.
A week and a half passes of broken promises and I still don't have the corrected tunes.
In the mean time I order a single tune from another very reputable source.
That takes almost a week. It doesn't work either. Car runs like crap and more codes, some codes the same some different.
The result is that my car has been down for almost 3 weeks because of a lousy software problem.
I am VERY frustrated.

The first guy I am dealing with claims that the Diablosport software is a real **** to deal with which is why it is taking him so long.
I think he's trying his best but if the software for the DS is SO hard to deal with that TWO very reputable people are having this much trouble I think I should consider other options.
I am really considering ditching the Predator and getting an X-cal2. I have one for my '07 Ranger and it works very well.

Any advice anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for allowing me this medium in which to vent.
Old 5/17/07, 06:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Most people don't realize how hard it was to workout a tune for the CMCV plates. It took Steeda months before they got an SCT tune that worked for them and I got the first set that they released. The tune had great drive ability and good top end , but not as much low end torque as I would like. Then Diablo came out with a canned tune , so I got one. It had crazy fast low end torque , but not good drive ability or high end. Because of the low end torque the computer would throw a CEL and go into the forced limited power mode. I live near Diablo Sport and when I contacted them they asked if they could use my car to workout a tune. They spend a whole day on my car and in the end came up with a really good tune and I've had no problems since ...
Old 5/17/07, 10:31 AM
Bullitt Member

I am really considering ditching the Predator and getting an X-cal2.
I didn't go through the same issues as you but I did the upgrade from Predator ro the Xcal and it was great, wish i had it from the start.
Old 5/17/07, 10:47 AM
Bullitt Member

I have not had any problems with my Predator but changing to a SCT and given the same guy another shot would probably be a good idea at this point unless something is hose with you car somehow...
Old 5/17/07, 11:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for your input. I got a response from the second guy already. Turns out he accidentally sent the wrong tune so he corrected that by sending me the right one. I only had time to take a quick spin this morning but it seems to be runniing much better.
It will be interesting to compare the tunes from different suppliers once the other guy has figured it all out.
Old 5/17/07, 02:47 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 281GT
Thanks for your input. I got a response from the second guy already. Turns out he accidentally sent the wrong tune so he corrected that by sending me the right one. I only had time to take a quick spin this morning but it seems to be runniing much better.
It will be interesting to compare the tunes from different suppliers once the other guy has figured it all out.
Remember, it's the tune that's at fault - not the tuner. A bad tune in an SCT will be just as bad as a bad tune in a Predator
Old 5/17/07, 05:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah I don't blame the tuner at all. I blame the horrible user interface of the Diablosport software they have to use. From what I am told the SCT is much more user friendly.
I'm curious now though and I'd like to see the software from both for myself but that's mainly 'cause I'm a network technician and I am interested in such things.
I got the tunes from the other guy today as well so I am going to be doing some direct comparisons.
Should be interesting.