GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

DiabloSport Issues

Search this Thread

Old 7/24/07, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DiabloSport Issues

Hey All,

Guys, you have a great site here. There seems to be a LOT of good information here. But you guys have got to get better organized. Wife and I recently bought a loaded 07 GO GT vert. We wanted to give it a little more giddy up. We read different sites and you all seemed to know your stuff. We read and read and read. We finally settled on a reasonable plan. 1. GTA's 2. C&L CAI 3. DiabloSport Predator (came with the C&L kit). Sounds simple enough. Well, I put on the GTA's (worth every penny). Yesterday, I installed the C & L CAI. It was easy except for the crappy heat shield (thank you all for the comments and help, p.s. I read some thread about a week ago about a guy with a C&L also and he was talking about removing the valve cover bolts, what the heck was that about? Confused the heck out of me trying to figure out how to cinch down the heat shield to my valve covers). I also installed the DiabloSport Predator tune. It came in the package I ordered from C & L. It was easy and almost automatic. HOWEVER, after it copied my factory tune, it rolled over to the 91 tune and started loading. No way was I going to stop it. I knew I could reload if necessary. After the tune, I started scrolling looking for the 93 tune (as recommended by ya'll). No where was it found. So I called C&L today and he gave me a big story about a disagreement between C&L and DiabloSport. Come to find out, the tune I bought (model #7145 for the 07)does not have the 93 tune in it. I was told that since it has the 91 tune for many of the CAI kits (it does), there was no room for a 93 tune for all of them as well. How come someone did not know that already? Funny C&L did not tell me when I ordered. So, C&L says advance the timing 2 degrees and all is fine. I don't trust him now so I called DiabloSport. Get told the same thing. All say, go to global timing and advance. So I do. Thing sounds like a popcorn machine when revving down. So, I read the manual and it says not to use the global route (that was for manual transmission, no one asked). It says use the RPM spark adjustment. So there is the story. I'm not griping at you guys. But a section in the forum where you guys could RECOMMEND mods and expectations and people could put feedback would go a long way for a lot of good reasons.
Old 7/24/07, 06:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by kg1962
Hey All,

Guys, you have a great site here. There seems to be a LOT of good information here. But you guys have got to get better organized. Wife and I recently bought a loaded 07 GO GT vert. We wanted to give it a little more giddy up. We read different sites and you all seemed to know your stuff. We read and read and read. We finally settled on a reasonable plan. 1. GTA's 2. C&L CAI 3. DiabloSport Predator (came with the C&L kit). Sounds simple enough. Well, I put on the GTA's (worth every penny). Yesterday, I installed the C & L CAI. It was easy except for the crappy heat shield (thank you all for the comments and help, p.s. I read some thread about a week ago about a guy with a C&L also and he was talking about removing the valve cover bolts, what the heck was that about? Confused the heck out of me trying to figure out how to cinch down the heat shield to my valve covers). I also installed the DiabloSport Predator tune. It came in the package I ordered from C & L. It was easy and almost automatic. HOWEVER, after it copied my factory tune, it rolled over to the 91 tune and started loading. No way was I going to stop it. I knew I could reload if necessary. After the tune, I started scrolling looking for the 93 tune (as recommended by ya'll). No where was it found. So I called C&L today and he gave me a big story about a disagreement between C&L and DiabloSport. Come to find out, the tune I bought (model #7145 for the 07)does not have the 93 tune in it. I was told that since it has the 91 tune for many of the CAI kits (it does), there was no room for a 93 tune for all of them as well. How come someone did not know that already? Funny C&L did not tell me when I ordered. So, C&L says advance the timing 2 degrees and all is fine. I don't trust him now so I called DiabloSport. Get told the same thing. All say, go to global timing and advance. So I do. Thing sounds like a popcorn machine when revving down. So, I read the manual and it says not to use the global route (that was for manual transmission, no one asked). It says use the RPM spark adjustment. So there is the story. I'm not griping at you guys. But a section in the forum where you guys could RECOMMEND mods and expectations and people could put feedback would go a long way for a lot of good reasons.

1st off welcome to the forum!!! If I were you I would get away from Diablo and go with Doug @ BAMA...Brent @ Brenspeed ... or Lidio @ Alternate Automotive for you C&L tune. I originally had the Diablo tune for my C&L intake and it sucked big time. I have an auto trans and now have Lidio's tune and I think it is the best. Send your tuner to one of the guys above and for about 75 bucks you can really get something worth talking about!!!!! P.S. I wish I had a dollar for every mistake I made tuning this car in the last 2 1/2 years!!!!

Scott
Old 7/24/07, 08:45 PM
Bullitt Member

+1...hardly anyone uses the "canned" tunes from the tuners....almost eveyone uses Bama, brenspeed or another great tuner. The predators tunes are not good to put it mildly. Like stated above ditch those tunes and get a tune from the vendors mentioned above. Good luck!
Old 7/25/07, 08:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Get with Doug at Bamachips, he can do a custom tune for the Predator for you.