GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

The cat is out- Vortech install soon!!

Search this Thread

Old 3/7/07, 04:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Well you're close.......... not more nervous, just more excited LOL!

Here's the kicker though..... I drop the car off around 3/16, but then I go out of town on vacation from 3/20 until the 30th so I won't be able to drive the dam thing until the first of April! So basically, I've got another three friggin' weeks left.

I can help you out on this problem. I am only 1 1/2 to 2 hrs from Brent's place. I would be willing to take time out of my busy schedule to run up there... take a LONG test drive and send you an email with my impressions. We can get it fine tuned for you so when you get back from vacation you will have the beast waiting on you...ready to go. This is what friends are for.
Scott
Old 3/7/07, 05:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Hey man, be my guest!

Just don't forget to turn the blinker off after turning........

(insert old man reference here)

Old 3/7/07, 05:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey man, be my guest!

Just don't forget to turn the blinker off after turn........

(insert old man reference here)

Hey Smartypants... our cars have a warning tone to tell you that you have driven to far with you turn signal on. I know cause I have tested mine a few times.
Scott
Old 3/7/07, 05:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well you're close.......... not more nervous, just more excited LOL!

Here's the kicker though..... I drop the car off around 3/16, but then I go out of town on vacation from 3/20 until the 30th so I won't be able to drive the dam thing until the first of April! So basically, I've got another three friggin' weeks left.
Thats kinda like leaving a new bride with someone else for the honeymoon! I seen where you posted that you're going to San Diego and then to Hawaii. Have you ever been to Hawaii before? if not your going to have a blast! The Wife and I spent 10 days in Maui last Winter it was great! you better practice your peripheral vision when you go to the beach! or where blinders!!.......this old man got caught looking more than once!! needless to say the scenery is extraordinary..hint!..hint!
Old 3/7/07, 06:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vortec and Paxton make nice inexpensive head units and the kits are priced reasonably too.

Tom, your going to be my wife's number one enemy soon... once she finds out your the reason i went s/c.

hahahhahaha
Old 3/7/07, 06:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Hey Smartypants... our cars have a warning tone to tell you that you have driven to far with you turn signal on. I know cause I have tested mine a few times.
Scott
That's funny stuff right there.....

Originally Posted by blkstang06
Thats kinda like leaving a new bride with someone else for the honeymoon! I seen where you posted that you're going to San Diego and then to Hawaii. Have you ever been to Hawaii before? if not your going to have a blast! The Wife and I spent 10 days in Maui last Winter it was great! you better practice your peripheral vision when you go to the beach! or where blinders!!.......this old man got caught looking more than once!! needless to say the scenery is extraordinary..hint!..hint!
We went to Maui back in '03.... it was a blast. We didn't have the kids with us that time though...... so we didn't spend much time on the beach, spent more in our room if you know what I mean...... Yah Baby!!

Originally Posted by 06GTwJUICE
Vortec and Paxton make nice inexpensive head units and the kits are priced reasonably too.

Tom, your going to be my wife's number one enemy soon... once she finds out your the reason i went s/c.

hahahhahaha
Hey man, glad to help! By the way, you ever get your N2O up and running yet??
Old 3/7/07, 09:53 PM
GT Member

I'm getting the Paxton installed Monday at Brenspeed, I'm as excited as when I ordered the car, I'm starting to count hours, lol.
Old 3/8/07, 05:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yep, I'm up after yours is done....... good luck pal maybe I'll see you there because we're probably gonna drop the car off on either Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Tell Brent and Dave that I'm coming!

Congrats!
Old 3/8/07, 05:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Tom! after some serious thought, I believe it would be in your best interest if after the Vortech install 70MACH1OWER, aka ( Old Man Stang) and myself! take temporary possession of your Mustang and take a strictly technical one week road trip! to work out any technical glitches that Brent might have over looked!........Yes!.. your right, this would be a huge sacrifice on our part! but one we would be willing to make just for you!!!....Just think of the peace of mind you would have while you where in Hawaii knowing that two crazy old men ....opps! I mean two respected Gentlemen, where fine tuning your baby for you !!..
Old 3/8/07, 05:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah you two ham & egg'ers would really look like "Grumpy Old Men"..... after you got done toolin' around in my car, just make sure to double-park it at the old folks home, I don't want no old lady running her walker into the side of it!

Ok ok, in all seriousness I'm sorry for picking on you.

(just remembered the whole "respect your elders" thing.........
Old 3/8/07, 05:47 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Yeah you two ham & egg'ers would really look like "Grumpy Old Men"..... after you got done toolin' around in my car, just make sure to double-park it at the old folks home, I don't want no old lady running her walker into the side of it!

Ok ok, in all seriousness I'm sorry for picking on you.

(just remembered the whole "respect your elders" thing.........
OK!... I promise we wont leave any adult diapers in it!.....
Old 3/8/07, 05:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

haha you crack me up man
Old 3/9/07, 11:58 AM
Cobra Member

Tom! after some serious thought, I believe it would be in your best interest if after the Vortech install 70MACH1OWER, aka ( Old Man Stang) and myself! take temporary possession of your Mustang and take a strictly technical one week road trip! to work out any technical glitches that Brent might have over looked!........Yes!.. your right, this would be a huge sacrifice on our part! but one we would be willing to make just for you!!!....Just think of the peace of mind you would have while you where in Hawaii knowing that two crazy old men ....opps! I mean two respected Gentlemen, where fine tuning your baby for you !!..

I call the back seat!!
Old 3/13/07, 05:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Tom... Is tomorrow still the big a day?

Scott
Old 3/13/07, 05:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Tom... I promise I won't leave my adult diaper in your car.... I can't speak for the other old Scott. You really really can trust me.
Scott
Old 3/13/07, 05:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Tom... Is tomorrow still the big a day?

Scott
Yep, tomorrow's the drop-off day..... I got my plugs, injectors, oil, filter, stock pullies, and a new crankshaft bolt packed and ready in the car, along with my X2. Plan to take it up tomorrow afternoon, too bad likely I won't be able to pick it up until April.

Tom... I promise I won't leave my adult diaper in your car.... I can't speak for the other old Scott. You really really can trust me.
Scott
Sure, I've heard that one before LOL!
Old 3/13/07, 11:39 PM
Cobra Member

Yeehaw! haha Im excited and its not even my car
Old 3/14/07, 08:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Gee, one more offer to car sit for you.

Tell Brent I said hi and to through my name in the hat for anymore development volunteers.
Old 3/14/07, 09:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

You got it Ben, will do! Maybe we can meet at his dyno day, there are a bunch of TMS's that are wanting to go.
Old 3/14/07, 03:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

You got it Ben, will do! Maybe we can meet at his dyno day, there are a bunch of TMS's that are wanting to go.
I know you sent Brent an email about when his dyno days might be... did he ever get back to you?
Scott

Quick Reply: The cat is out- Vortech install soon!!