GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Bunch of S/C questions

Search this Thread

Old 2/3/06, 05:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SurfnSoCal @ February 3, 2006, 7:25 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
dude, are you making pearls with all that sand in your vag?

chill out!

[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] That may be the most clever thing stated in this thread.......
Old 2/3/06, 06:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SurfnSoCal @ February 3, 2006, 6:25 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Q: Why does everyone like the Saleen SC so much? it produces what.....80 hp or something?

IMO...spend the money, get the Whipple. It's quiet....well made....450rwhp easy.
[/b][/quote]
A: The Saleen unit ships with a 3.5 lb pulley. You are more than welcome to swap it out with a 8 lb pulley (which is what the Whipple comes with, I think).

There is a guy on modularfords.com who is using the 8 lb pulley with his Saleen s/c and is making 440 rwhp.

Futhermore, the compressor in the Saleen s/c is made by Whipple (reference) .
Old 2/4/06, 03:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SurfnSoCal @ February 3, 2006, 4:25 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
IMO...spend the money, get the Whipple. It's quiet....well made....450rwhp easy.
[/b][/quote]

How do you know??? They aren't even out yet? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/6/06, 12:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ February 3, 2006, 10:53 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I disagree. The "Ultimate Mustang" should be a fun cruiser, not strictly a racer. Project Source Horse, with 537 horsepower and a convertible top, is quickly becoming the ultimate Mustang.
[/b][/quote]

Brad, I must agree with Don. While your car is the "ultimate" to you, my ultimate would be a hardtop turbo. Unfortunately I can't afford one. I'm happy that you like your car. I like mine better. We all have different tastes.

Anyway, MSP, your point that "if Brad got the Vortech it must be the best" is complete crap and has no factual basis. Brad himself said he wasn't even planning on installing an S/C. They gave it to him because they wanted the Vortech name advertised. If you can't see that, then you are...well...I'm not going to be mean.
Old 2/18/06, 06:59 PM
Former Vendor

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tw0scoops123 @ February 1, 2006, 5:26 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I already searched for the S/C threads, didn't really find any answers to my questions so:

I want to know what S/C would be best for my needs. MY GT is a daily driver, I don't go to the track, and I have a thing for cobras. But since I don't want to plunk down 40k for the gT500(nor do I have that kinda cash) I think I want to go with a S/C system. Plus I saw on Overhaulin' last night they overhauled a GT and threw on a Paxton S/C system . So Hot! I'm looking to get into the 400s in HP, dont really want to breach 450rwhp though. I want more power, but as I said, this is my daily driver and I want this beast under control. I'm looking for something that has low maintenance and high durability. I don't particularly care where the power is, low or high end.

I currently don't have any mods, but hey, if I'm gunna mod this thing, gotta have a blower. Which leads me to another question, besides adding on a S/C do I need to put anything else on the car as to balance out the increase in power? I know I would need better tires/suspension. But is there anything I would need to do to the engine that doesn't come with most S/C systems or can I stick with most of the stock equipment(ie camshaft, lighter flywheel, gears, exhaust system)?

PS I drive this in snow during the winter, so as long as I'm east on the gas like I am now, I shouldn't have any slippage(more than usual) with the increase in power? Any1 drive their S/Ced stang in the snow?
I know it's a lot of questions, but if any1 can thorw me a few answers that'd be great!
[/b][/quote]

My 2 cents - You sound like a perfect candidate for a Centrifugal - Paxton Vortech or Prochargers all offer simple to install kits that will give you the exact power you are asking for.

Drive in the snow you say? Again the Centrifugal is right up your alley
Old 2/18/06, 07:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Granatelli @ February 18, 2006, 6:02 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
My 2 cents - You sound like a perfect candidate for a Centrifugal - Paxton Vortech or Prochargers all offer simple to install kits that will give you the exact power you are asking for.

Drive in the snow you say? Again the Centrifugal is right up your alley
[/b][/quote]

Dayummmm... we actually agree on this one. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]