GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Bunch of S/C questions

Search this Thread

Old 2/2/06, 07:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 2, 2006, 8:04 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
On my Vortech reciept it says 3 years 36,000 Miles!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Get a Supercharger man!! Dont be easily swayed by so many opinions.. I highly recommend you get the Vortech!! You have a GT!! You have no idea what your missing.. The fit and finish on the Vortech is unbelievable.. The support and warranty is also awsome...

I'll give you some advice.. Think longterm.. 3years 36,000 Miles!! Its like its from Ford!
3 years 36,000 Miles!! 3 years 36,000 miles!!

The SoruceHorse thread is really where you should spend most of your time... Brad is basically giving you a true insite on the subject about Vortech..

Let me ask you a question.. The Owner of this Mustang Website, chose Vortech out of all the others.. There must be a reason... I have personal experience as to the reasoning behind his decision.. His goal for the Sourcehorse is the ultimate 2005 Mustang GT!! So far, he is doing a great job.. Value his opinion, and trust in his judgement.. If you want to know what the best Supercharger is for the money, and support and Warranty, and power levels which is safe for your car, look no further than the SourceHorse thread.. There has to be a reason why Vortech is the Power-adder.. Yes I know the Roush, and Saleen Superchargers are very good products.. But not good enough for the SourceHorse!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Where do you live? Cuz I live in JErsey. IT snows here and this is my daily driver. So the only reason im hesitant is going overboard with power and then totalling the car in a snow storm cuz i didnt have any traction. If i was down south, i'd throw one on with some nice summer performance tires, but the fact is I don't race, I just want a little extra power.

Got a couple more questions(yes i know I'm full of them) :

What are pullies?

How do 3.73 and 4.10 gears affect the frequency at which you shift gears?

What kinda of full exhaust would you recommend(long tubes, h-pipes, and catbacks)? I would like to keep a similar throat to what stock is(ie You can hear the exhaust note easily at WOT, but quiets down at low RPMS)
Old 2/2/06, 07:36 AM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(osu_p51 @ February 2, 2006, 6:36 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The rep told me 30 days on parts with proof of purchase and proof of professional install.
[/b][/quote]

Personally, I find it hard to believe that a company would offer such little confidence in their product like 30 days..

Thats insane..

@Adrenalin

Will do Adrenalin.. I will condense my signature as soon as the server is back up and running properly.. 8 lines huh? Well, lets see! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

I feel like I'm being singled out for some reason... LOL!! Oh well, you cant have it all I guess.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

8 lines is going to kill me.. I will need to change the format of the signature..
Old 2/2/06, 03:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey MSP,
You are making it sound like you have a 3 yr./ 36,000 mile warranty on your motor. Don't send out the wrong message to someone. If your motor blows today because of your supercharger addition there is only one person that will cover that cost and that is you!!!!!! Blow your motor and call Vortec and see how much they will pay to fix it. Nothing Right?? This goes for all supercharger manufacturers. Your SC'er may be under warranty for 3 yrs./ 36,000 miles but you motor has NO warranty in Fords or Vortec eyes. I blew up a 96 Cobra with a KB blower at 6,750 miles. I never got one red cent from KB or Ford to put that $6,000.00 shortblock back together. Might want to read your Vortec warranty again. In short " pay your money and take your chances" P.S. I am all for putting SC'er on these cars. Just don't give someone bad information.
Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06, 12:28 AM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(70MACH1OWNER @ February 2, 2006, 2:28 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hey MSP,
You are making it sound like you have a 3 yr./ 36,000 mile warranty on your motor. Don't send out the wrong message to someone. If your motor blows today because of your supercharger addition there is only one person that will cover that cost and that is you!!!!!! Blow your motor and call Vortec and see how much they will pay to fix it. Nothing Right?? This goes for all supercharger manufacturers. Your SC'er may be under warranty for 3 yrs./ 36,000 miles but you motor has NO warranty in Fords or Vortec eyes. I blew up a 96 Cobra with a KB blower at 6,750 miles. I never got one red cent from KB or Ford to put that $6,000.00 shortblock back together. Might want to read your Vortec warranty again. In short " pay your money and take your chances" P.S. I am all for putting SC'er on these cars. Just don't give someone bad information.
[/b][/quote]

Well of course!! The 3 year 36,000 miles is for the blower only!! Thats all I would expect Vortech to cover... I have no idea how you twisted up my statement to assume that either Vortech would replace my motor, if I belw it up... Saleen offers 30 days warranty...

You know the more time I spend here, the more I realize how people like to distort the intentions of people posting around here.. This is ridiculous that you would try and convince the world that I meant Vortech would replace my engine if it blew up.. They cover their parts for 3 years 36,000 miles.. Any damage to the motor is on me.. What I do beyond the S/C is none of Vortechs business.. My relationship between Ford and I, is my business and my business alone.. If something should happen, dont be concerned about it, because how I choose to fix it, is on me..

Dont twist up my post man, and try and discredit me! Who do you think I am? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06, 12:40 AM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(70MACH1OWNER @ February 2, 2006, 2:28 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hey MSP,
[/b][/quote]

Also, no where in my post does it ever say Vortech would replace the motor.. We are talking about the warranty of the S/C!! Not the motor.. The 2 are seperate and independent of each other, and have their own perspective warranties...

It is obvious your intention was to confuse my post and purposley mis-interperet the information.. Then you give me the finger!!

@Adrenalin

Dude, what the heck is going on around here? This is getting out of hand.. I am being pursecuted around here.. Its exquisite feeling release of liquid waste product me off! I'll meet anybody anywhere and anytime if you feel like you wanna check me on something face to face.. You know I try and be a nice guy Adrenalin, but I am starting to get pushed to the point of wanting to do physical damage.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06, 12:51 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 2, 2006, 11:31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well of course!! The 3 year 36,000 miles is for the blower only!! Thats all I would expect Vortech to cover... I have no idea how you twisted up my statement to assume that either Vortech would replace my motor, if I belw it up... Saleen offers 30 days warranty...
You know the more time I spend here, the more I realize how people like to distort the intentions of people posting around here.. This is ridiculous that you would try and convince the world that I meant Vortech would replace my engine if it blew up.. They cover their parts for 3 years 36,000 miles.. Any damage to the motor is on me.. What I do beyond the S/C is none of Vortechs business.. My relationship between Ford and I, is my business and my business alone.. If something should happen, dont be concerned about it, because how I choose to fix it, is on me..

Dont twist up my post man, and try and discredit me! Who do you think I am? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
dude, stop trying to be a nice guy. Its what I did! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

-Dan
Old 2/3/06, 12:58 AM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cleveland @ February 2, 2006, 11:54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
dude, stop trying to be a nice guy. Its what I did! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

-Dan
[/b][/quote]

Yeah!! I know what you mean now Cleveland! Its getting crazy around here lately.. It seems the more HP I make, the more people try and discredit me.. Looks like I may have to follow your lead!!

I dont honestly understand the hostility towards me for some reason.. It seems the more you try and share or give back around here, the more you find yourself either fixing peoples twisted responses to your post, justifying your purchase, or defending the obvious.. Its crazy! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06, 06:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 3, 2006, 3:01 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yeah!! I know what you mean now Cleveland! Its getting crazy around here lately.. It seems the more HP I make, the more people try and discredit me.. Looks like I may have to follow your lead!!

I dont honestly understand the hostility towards me for some reason.. It seems the more you try and share or give back around here, the more you find yourself either fixing peoples twisted responses to your post, justifying your purchase, or defending the obvious.. Its crazy! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

No offense man, but maybe the reason why people are "hostile" towards you is because sometimes you don't seem to know what you are talking about. I'm sure that the reason Brad chose a Vortech S/C is either because they gave it to him for free, or that is just his personal preference.

All this about him building the "Ultimate Mustang" is crap. For instance, if he were truly going for performance, there is no way he would have gotten a vert. Also, ultimate HP comes from turbos, not S/Cing.

The Vortech is fine, so it the KB and the Saleen. It's all about personal preference.

Lastly, does anyone know of a link to a dyno with the Saleen S/C?
Old 2/3/06, 08:40 AM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shea @ February 3, 2006, 5:50 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
No offense man, but maybe the reason why people are "hostile" towards you is because sometimes you don't seem to know what you are talking about. I'm sure that the reason Brad chose a Vortech S/C is either because they gave it to him for free, or that is just his personal preference.

All this about him building the "Ultimate Mustang" is crap. For instance, if he were truly going for performance, there is no way he would have gotten a vert. Also, ultimate HP comes from turbos, not S/Cing.

The Vortech is fine, so it the KB and the Saleen. It's all about personal preference.

Lastly, does anyone know of a link to a dyno with the Saleen S/C?
[/b][/quote]

You could have made a better post! Your worthless!..
Old 2/3/06, 08:50 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shea @ February 3, 2006, 7:50 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
All this about him building the "Ultimate Mustang" is crap. For instance, if he were truly going for performance, there is no way he would have gotten a vert.[/b][/quote]
I disagree. The "Ultimate Mustang" should be a fun cruiser, not strictly a racer. Project Source Horse, with 537 horsepower and a convertible top, is quickly becoming the ultimate Mustang.
Old 2/3/06, 09:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>I dont honestly understand the hostility towards me for some reason.[/b][/quote]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 3, 2006, 7:43 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>You could have made a better post! Your worthless!..[/b][/quote]

Did you answer your own question? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ February 3, 2006, 7:53 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I disagree. The "Ultimate Mustang" should be a fun cruiser, not strictly a racer. Project Source Horse, with 537 horsepower and a convertible top, is quickly becoming the ultimate Mustang.
[/b][/quote]

Brad, with all due respect, I think each of us are building the "ultimate" Mustang for our own personal tastes and lifestyles. I think my car will also be both a fun cruiser and a weekend warrior at the track, and when it's done, it will be the "ultimate" Mustang to me... but that's just my opinion. And unless you plan on a roll cage (which detracts from the "fun cruiser" part, IMO), you won't get to air out the 537 hp at the track with a convertible.
Old 2/3/06, 09:50 AM
Bullitt Member

We all have our own interpretations of what makes the 'Ultimate Mustang' and that's what makes this all interesting.

I see a lot of stuff that makes me do this: [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]

Of course only mine can be the real ultimate... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] J/K!
Old 2/3/06, 10:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

am i better off going with a saleen, upgraded to 7.5# pulley with cobra injectors, 90mm MAF etc or going with the KB intercooled 8# kit??
Old 2/3/06, 10:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Why do you people care so much about what a dude said about how vortech gave him a 3 yr warrenty on a SC (Is it really not that possible?), or why Brad chose his SC for sourcehorse. Take it easy..you know, we are fighting a war somewhere.
Old 2/3/06, 10:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(official_style @ February 3, 2006, 11:36 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
am i better off going with a saleen, upgraded to 7.5# pulley with cobra injectors, 90mm MAF etc or going with the KB intercooled 8# kit??
[/b][/quote]
Saleen Series IV
39 lb injectors
90 mm MAF (plus modified intake)
3.6" pulley

=

Kenne Bell intercooled 8 lb kit

...I think. I might be nice to get the KB as a complete kit and not have to hunt around for the extra parts needed with the Saleen unit. ..but I also hear the Saleen unit is a very clean/easy install. Don't know how difficult the KB kit is.
Old 2/3/06, 10:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(official_style @ February 3, 2006, 9:36 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

That is a choice only you can make for yourself. There are many, many guys with excellent set-ups on the Saleen already. The KB is a more recent release, so there are not many of them out there to compare to. Depending on your timeframe for adding a blower, you may be able to get more info as the KB's become more popular. Either way, you should be able to make good, safe power at 7-8psi. It may come down to who will be doing the installation and tuning for you, as well as the total cost. When everything was considered, the KB was the correct choice for me... both performance-wise and cost-wise.
Old 2/3/06, 04:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 3, 2006, 1:31 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Wow!! All I can say is WOW!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06, 04:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(70MACH1OWNER @ February 3, 2006, 5:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Wow!! All I can say is WOW!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Yeah really...

No hostility to MSP, but I've learned to take his posts with a grain of salt...[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06, 05:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 3, 2006, 1:43 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Also, no where in my post does it ever say Vortech would replace the motor.. We are talking about the warranty of the S/C!! Not the motor.. The 2 are seperate and independent of each other, and have their own perspective warranties...

It is obvious your intention was to confuse my post and purposley mis-interperet the information.. Then you give me the finger!!

@Adrenalin

Dude, what the heck is going on around here? This is getting out of hand.. I am being pursecuted around here.. Its exquisite feeling release of liquid waste product me off! I'll meet anybody anywhere and anytime if you feel like you wanna check me on something face to face.. You know I try and be a nice guy Adrenalin, but I am starting to get pushed to the point of wanting to do physical damage.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Double Wow!!! MSP, I did not intend to twist or malice your post. I keyed off of your statement " I'll give you some advise.. Think longterm... 3 years 36000 miles!! It's like it's from Ford" Young man please go back and re-read my post. Your reaction to my post is a little over the top. You tend to give info that too some people is questionable. Your spew enthusium and energy. Re- read your post after you re- read mine and tell me if I really deserved your tongue lashing. PEACE BROTHER!! I did not intend to light your fuse.
Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06, 05:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

dude, are you making pearls with all that sand in your vag?

chill out!

Q: Why does everyone like the Saleen SC so much? it produces what.....80 hp or something?

IMO...spend the money, get the Whipple. It's quiet....well made....450rwhp easy.

Quick Reply: Bunch of S/C questions