GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Brenspeed Tunable Induction (T.I. Titanium) package installation.

Search this Thread

Old 10/28/06, 09:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Brenspeed Tunable Induction (T.I. Titanium) package installation.

I thought I would go ahead and post some pictures of my new Brenspeed T.I. Titanium CAI. I purchased the package which included an SCT XCal2 with Brent’s tunes for my 06 GT.

I had the benefit of trying the car with the tune only prior to installing the CAI. I had ordered just the Xcal2 tuner before upgrading to the entire package. When I saw the pictures of the Tunable Induction Titanium system that were posted on Brent’s site a couple of days later, I had to have one. When I called to upgrade, I found my tuner had already shipped with my custom tunes so Brent was kind enough to email me the updated tunes for the CAI before it even arrived. The result was that I got to try out the car with a tune only, then with a CAI and tune.

With the tune itself, I could not be happier. The throttle lag is gone; the car is responsive and crisp. I have an auto, so was very happy to have some reasonable shift points and the firmed up shifting offered by the tune. I laughed for 10 minutes after the wheels chirped shifting into second for the first time. My car now drives like I expected a Mustang would (until the tune, I was mildly disappointed with the performance as compared to other autos I have owned and driven). My only issue with the tune is that the car now has a hair trigger. In itself, that’s not a bad thing but I have a couple of different vehicles I drive and its hard to go from vehicle to vehicle given the differences in the behavior of the gas petal. I also worry about my children telling my wife “Daddy was doing burnouts”… even if only by accident!

I only thought I could not be happier until I installed the CAI. The installation procedure was really simple, I took about an hour to get it done because I had the time and was enjoying working on the car. The quality is top notch, and the overall design is excellent. The fitment of the components is good; the shield sits nice and firm and with the hood closed is “locked” into place. Here my only issue is that the long filter touches the fire blanket towards the end of the cone, enough to leave an impression on it. When the stock box goes in for warranty work I’m hoping they do not look up when working under the hood! Performance wise, the CAI woke the car up that much more. I was able to easily burn the tires through first, lay down a nice scratch into second, and get a solid chirp into third once the kit was installed and the tune updated. My seat-o-the-pants dyno would put the car somewhere between “holy crap” and “oh my God” at the rear wheels.

Given the competitive price offered by this package along with the quality of the components and tune, I have to give it two thumbs up.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails Brenspeed Tunable Induction (T.I. Titanium) package installation.-dsc04063.jpg   Brenspeed Tunable Induction (T.I. Titanium) package installation.-dsc04068.jpg  
Old 10/28/06, 10:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Congrats! You can't go wrong with Brenspeed.
Old 10/28/06, 11:39 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice!
Old 10/29/06, 05:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

good post,

I like that setup as well. cant make up my mind between JTL or the TI kit. I have yet to decide on a kit yet, but the DeMolet was up there. Can you elaborate more on the filter hitting the hood blanket though? would that become an issue in any way? I havent heard of that problem with JLT kit.

thanks

Sam
Old 10/29/06, 06:05 AM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I noticed the difference like night and day.

Isn`t it great???
Old 10/29/06, 10:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Brenspeed tunes are great.
Old 10/29/06, 07:54 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
sams66,
I got the JLT2 + Brenspeed tunes myself(SCT) The JLT kits does also touch the hood & inner fenderwell SLIGHTLY, I put some double-sided tape on the contact points, it's the small end of the filter.Later shifted the filter a bit to keep filter from rubbing. Minor issue IMO.Scared the crap outa myself on the first test drive after installing,really wakes up the Mustang. Haven't driven a clutch in 20+yrs & was able to chirp 3rd easily.
(manual)Was considering the JLT & TI myself, I'm sure with either you'll be pleased. Pic on mine;
aircare
Attached Thumbnails Brenspeed Tunable Induction (T.I. Titanium) package installation.-gt-006-small.jpg   Brenspeed Tunable Induction (T.I. Titanium) package installation.-gt-007small.jpg  
Old 10/29/06, 09:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
sams66,

I'm not sure what effect it might have on the setup or the car. I can tell you I'm not all that concerned with it, I can't imagine it being anything more then superficial. That blanket is soft and deforms easily, as I am sure it is designed to do. Other then leaving behind evidence that an aftermarket CAI has been in place when reinstalling the stock air box, I don’t foresee it causing any problems. Should that change, I'll be sure to post.

Tim
Old 10/30/06, 01:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by tdbrown75
I thought I would go ahead and post some pictures of my new Brenspeed T.I. Titanium CAI. I purchased the package which included an SCT XCal2 with Brent’s tunes for my 06 GT.

I had the benefit of trying the car with the tune only prior to installing the CAI. I had ordered just the Xcal2 tuner before upgrading to the entire package. When I saw the pictures of the Tunable Induction Titanium system that were posted on Brent’s site a couple of days later, I had to have one. When I called to upgrade, I found my tuner had already shipped with my custom tunes so Brent was kind enough to email me the updated tunes for the CAI before it even arrived. The result was that I got to try out the car with a tune only, then with a CAI and tune.

With the tune itself, I could not be happier. The throttle lag is gone; the car is responsive and crisp. I have an auto, so was very happy to have some reasonable shift points and the firmed up shifting offered by the tune. I laughed for 10 minutes after the wheels chirped shifting into second for the first time. My car now drives like I expected a Mustang would (until the tune, I was mildly disappointed with the performance as compared to other autos I have owned and driven). My only issue with the tune is that the car now has a hair trigger. In itself, that’s not a bad thing but I have a couple of different vehicles I drive and its hard to go from vehicle to vehicle given the differences in the behavior of the gas petal. I also worry about my children telling my wife “Daddy was doing burnouts”… even if only by accident!

I only thought I could not be happier until I installed the CAI. The installation procedure was really simple, I took about an hour to get it done because I had the time and was enjoying working on the car. The quality is top notch, and the overall design is excellent. The fitment of the components is good; the shield sits nice and firm and with the hood closed is “locked” into place. Here my only issue is that the long filter touches the fire blanket towards the end of the cone, enough to leave an impression on it. When the stock box goes in for warranty work I’m hoping they do not look up when working under the hood! Performance wise, the CAI woke the car up that much more. I was able to easily burn the tires through first, lay down a nice scratch into second, and get a solid chirp into third once the kit was installed and the tune updated. My seat-o-the-pants dyno would put the car somewhere between “holy crap” and “oh my God” at the rear wheels.

Given the competitive price offered by this package along with the quality of the components and tune, I have to give it two thumbs up.

Tim

I also have an auto and just based on what you wrote makes me want to get one. Only problem is the $569 price tag I guess I'll have to start saving.
Old 3/22/07, 02:22 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by tdbrown75

Tim
how has the demolet been treating you so far? thanks!
Old 3/22/07, 02:39 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
My Tunable Induction has worked flawlessly. I brought the Brenspeed tunes after and they are 10 times better than the SCT canned tunes. I also notice the inprint on the hood liner but it is no big deal.

Attachment 22149 Attachment 22150

Attachment 22151
Attached Thumbnails Brenspeed Tunable Induction (T.I. Titanium) package installation.-dscf0301-1500x1100.jpg   Brenspeed Tunable Induction (T.I. Titanium) package installation.-black-blue-001-2-2-.jpg   Brenspeed Tunable Induction (T.I. Titanium) package installation.-black-blue-002-2-2-.jpg