GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

BamaChips SCT Excal 2 tune. Best yet.

Search this Thread

Old 7/30/05, 11:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First a little backround. 05 GT with 5 spd., C&L CAI, Underdrive pullies, MAC axlebacks, SCT Excal 2. I did not buy my Excal 2 From BamaChips(did not know about them at the time) I bought it from a big name though with a custom tune loaded. At the time I had the K&N CAI. It was hard to get any tune to work with it. I switched to the C&L(got a deal I could not refuse)and tried several (I have tried 7)canned tunes with it. I was not impressed with them. I had to back timing out and they had a flat spot or hesitation around 3000 rpm.
Enter BamaChips. I read a couple threads where Doug from BamaChips had offered his services to those with tuning needs. I e-mailed Doug asking if he could work with me on a tune. He responded the same day offering his help and had me send him my combo with mods. Nice guy. I did this and that same day he sent me a Tune for my car on XTR file. No charge. I loaded it to my car and I have to say WOW! This thing is like a different car. It pulls smooth from idle to redline. No hesitation or flat spots. Very strong. The drive by wire feel is gone and he also shut my traction control off at my request. Night and day here folks.
So, for those of you thinking of buying the SCT excal 2, I would highly recommend you deal with BamaChips. Doug has got a great tune for you .
Old 7/30/05, 12:29 PM
GT Member

I too have dealed with doug, and had a great experience!! I currently only bought a Xcal 2 from him, but hope to get a C&L CAI soon with it custom tuned on the dyno.
Old 7/30/05, 02:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Yep, I've been preaching on this forum every chance I got telling everyone how GREAT Doug at BamaChips was for me and now obviously other folks.

This guy can't be beat in my opinion !!!!!!