GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Automatics! There is hope !

Search this Thread

Old 10/31/05, 06:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have called him several times and he was always working on a car at the time and usually doesn't stop. You always have to leave him a mwssage but he always got back to me within a day.

Just make sure you give him a number he can always reach and will be able to talk.

My shifts are smooth at low RPM's just like nothing was tuned on the car if I want by feathering the gas. When I go WOT look out it is a hard and agressive shift. You can also adjust the WOT shift points and sharpness on your own with the tuner if requested.
Old 10/31/05, 06:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by 6505pony@October 31, 2005, 7:06 PM
I have called him several times and he was always working on a car at the time and usually doesn't stop. You always have to leave him a mwssage but he always got back to me within a day.

Just make sure you give him a number he can always reach and will be able to talk.

My shifts are smooth at low RPM's just like nothing was tuned on the car if I want by feathering the gas. When I go WOT look out it is a hard and agressive shift. You can also adjust the WOT shift points and sharpness on your own with the tuner if requested.

Thanks Steve,
This is the kind of information I need to make up my mind. Thanks for your input!!!!!
Scott :worship:
Old 10/31/05, 07:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Mongoose@October 31, 2005, 12:48 AM
Do you currently own a predator? If so just load the C&L 93 octane as I have and tweak it. You can move the shift points around and make all the other required adjustments yourself. You can make your auto kick hiney. However I am unable to do anything with the torque management. This may be due to my lack of knowledge or just not possible with the Predator. If you do not currently own a tuner the direction is clear. X-2 with Lidio's tune from AA for the auto. He may have more experience in the auto area than the other TOP two. This issue has possibly more words written about it than any other subject on this forum. Everyone should be up to speed by now. Even slow me.
TORQUE MANAGEMENT IS DEAD!!!! Get SCT/Alt Auto
Old 10/31/05, 08:15 PM
FR500 Member

NO!

But really, enough, we get it, you love your canned tune.....NEXT
Old 11/1/05, 03:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@October 31, 2005, 9:18 PM
NO!

But really, enough, we get it, you love your canned tune.....NEXT

:nono: Seems alittle rude. If you can't play nice don't play at all. If you are upset about what you read then click to the next topic please.
No need to insult.
Old 11/1/05, 05:44 PM
FR500 Member

Oh, I'm sorry, was my use of emoticons not clear enough for you. :scratch:

Yours was. Pot, this is Kettle, you're BLACK
Old 11/1/05, 06:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@November 1, 2005, 6:47 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, was my use of emoticons not clear enough for you. :scratch:

Yours was. Pot, this is Kettle, you're BLACK

I might be black/ funny your not!
Old 11/2/05, 05:21 AM

alrighty then...

back to the topic at hand...

made the call to lidio on monday, got a call back yesterday (tuesday)... lidio was great to talk to and had very in-depth answers to all my questions... including my question regarding getting a tune for the k&n... he offered to buy one and make tunes for it...

so it looks like i'm going to be able to kill two birds with one stone on this one.... going to get that auto trans part of my tune shaped up and get a tune for the k&n... definitely happy i made the call at this point... lidio was great to talk to, had answers to all my questions and inspired a great deal of confidence in his product....

so good news for anyone looking for a tune to go with the k&n (like i was)... lidio should have one available within the next couple weeks... i'll post a review as soon as i have it installed...
Old 11/2/05, 08:21 PM
GT Member

does anyone make a shifter for the auto???
Old 11/9/05, 12:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just installed the C&L intake and SCT 2 from LIDIO at Alt Auto. I must tell you guys. It is SICK!! I'm still smiling from the test ride. This 93 tune does exactly what he claims.

No more DBW problems. Throttle response is excellent. It REALLY does chirp 2nd gear. I don't know how he programmed a shift kit into the trans, but boy does it work!

to you LIDIO. you did it! I highly recommend this to all auto GT's. I can't say the other tuners are not as good. I'm just saying this tune kicks butt! I can't wait to see how this is with 3.73 gears
Old 11/9/05, 02:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by HiRoller@November 9, 2005, 1:25 PM
I just installed the C&L intake and SCT 2 from LIDIO at Alt Auto. I must tell you guys. It is SICK!! I'm still smiling from the test ride. This 93 tune does exactly what he claims.

No more DBW problems. Throttle response is excellent. It REALLY does chirp 2nd gear. I don't know how he programmed a shift kit into the trans, but boy does it work!

to you LIDIO. you did it! I highly recommend this to all auto GT's. I can't say the other tuners are not as good. I'm just saying this tune kicks butt! I can't wait to see how this is with 3.73 gears
DITTO!!!!!!!!!!! I just got mine last week, I'm still playin with the 89 tune. I'll try the 93 tune when I run out of 89 gas. Lidio rocks!!!!!! I'll never knock another tuner or another company because I have no experience with another tuner or any other company, but I can highly, highly, highly recommend Lidio at Alternative Auto. You won't be disappointed!!!!! I'm now preparing to buy rear tires sooner than I wanted to tho.............but that's a good thing!!!!!!!!!
Old 11/9/05, 04:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well, I can't tell you yet how wonderful the SCT/X2 from Lidio is but I am about to find out. Sold my Predator Monday and ordered from Lidio on Tuesday. Should be here by Friday. I can't wait!!!!! I can't say anything bad about my Predator and the C&L tune but I tried to find someone to help me with the auto trans but did not have much luck. However, I spoke to Lidio for 20 minutes and all I can say is if the tune is half as good as his enthusiasm about it I should be thrilled. He spent time expaining his tune to me because he wanted too not because I kept pushing him for answers. It was simply refreshing to deal with someone that seems to care that I am happy. He explained how he turned off Ford's torque management system completely. How my auto will not go into OD until 65 mph. He feels that the tune he offers is what Ford should have provided in the first place but could not because of all of the compromises they have to make to meet all of the rules out there. It seems to have the best of everything from the posts I've read. Enough to make me find out for myself. I will post after I have installed it.
Scott
Old 11/9/05, 04:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

I would skip the 89 and go straight for the 93 tune! what a rush......................
Old 11/9/05, 04:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by HiRoller@November 9, 2005, 5:55 PM
I would skip the 89 and go straight for the 93 tune! what a rush......................

93 is what I have been running and I will not change.
Old 11/9/05, 07:52 PM

I really like hearing all this about the tunes specially for auto owners such as myself. However I really want to keep my Predator and get a good tune with it. I wish some of the guys on here would also deal with Predator.
Old 11/9/05, 07:59 PM

Originally posted by HiRoller@November 9, 2005, 11:25 AM
It REALLY does chirp 2nd gear. I don't know how he programmed a shift kit into the trans, but boy does it work!

I highly recommend this to all auto GT's. I can't say the other tuners are not as good. I'm just saying this tune kicks butt! I can't wait to see how this is with 3.73 gears
I'm equally pleased with Doug's tunes. And forget about just chirping 2nd gear, how about breaking it totally loose (where the assend jumps sideways) on the 1-2 shift?!?! And then chirping 3rd gear at 50mph! And skip the 3.73s... go with 4.10s.

To Doug ---> :worship: :worship: :worship:
Old 11/9/05, 08:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey SIXTY SIX you gettin' all this? LOL No offense taken to your comment on my overexcited experience!
Originally posted by HiRoller@November 9, 2005, 3:25 PM

Old 11/10/05, 04:57 AM

Originally posted by 70MACH1OWNER@November 9, 2005, 4:18 PM
Well, I can't tell you yet how wonderful the SCT/X2 from Lidio is but I am about to find out. Sold my Predator Monday and ordered from Lidio on Tuesday. Should be here by Friday. I can't wait!!!!! I can't say anything bad about my Predator and the C&L tune but I tried to find someone to help me with the auto trans but did not have much luck. However, I spoke to Lidio for 20 minutes and all I can say is if the tune is half as good as his enthusiasm about it I should be thrilled. He spent time expaining his tune to me because he wanted too not because I kept pushing him for answers. It was simply refreshing to deal with someone that seems to care that I am happy. He explained how he turned off Ford's torque management system completely. How my auto will not go into OD until 65 mph. He feels that the tune he offers is what Ford should have provided in the first place but could not because of all of the compromises they have to make to meet all of the rules out there. It seems to have the best of everything from the posts I've read. Enough to make me find out for myself. I will post after I have installed it.
Scott
i had the same experience with lidio last week... definitely knowledgable and easy to talk to... he inspired a great deal of confidence in his product (along with all the glowing reviews of his tunes on here)... i got off the phone wishing i had paid extra to speed up the shipping process...

i was expecting my new tuner and tunes to be delivered yesterday, but it did not come to pass... so i guess i will be waiting for the delivery guy like a child waits for santa claus once again today... will post after i have installed it and have a chance to try it out....
Old 11/10/05, 05:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Is it possible to buy just the tune? I already have the C&L cai, and the SCT X2. Do you think Lidio would email the tune and I could download it into my X2? just curious
Old 11/10/05, 06:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

When I talked to Lidio he said he was out of SCT/X2 tuners but was expecting them yesterday and he said he would get mine out by today.
Come on baby!!!!!!!!!!!
Scott

Quick Reply: Automatics! There is hope !