GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Automatics! There is hope !

Search this Thread

Old 10/22/05, 02:13 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by enitalp@October 21, 2005, 10:22 PM
?????/8.625/13.368@105.639 Today NBT

I will try with 94 and the sct tune for 93 on sunday.
I am not that far from your time with the Predator now if I do my part correctly but my motor will just not burn the tires up which is good for hooking up but I believe the *^&%$#& torque management is shutting me down and I want to try something different. I have set up my auto to shift at around 6200 at WOT. Where is yours shifting?
Old 10/22/05, 07:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Mongoose@October 22, 2005, 9:53 AM
SM Tom I plan to do just that. You regular army? AB CA INF ?
Active, AVN, going on 25 and 5 to go.
Old 10/24/05, 01:41 PM
Cobra R Member

Talked to Lidio this AM. He does not recommend throttle body change.
Tom what is the top speed on that car?? Does it heat up when you hold it at that speed? Did you have to get one of those super expensive German drivers license?
Old 10/24/05, 02:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Mongoose@October 24, 2005, 9:44 PM
Talked to Lidio this AM. He does not recommend throttle body change.
Tom what is the top speed on that car?? Does it heat up when you hold it at that speed? Did you have to get one of those super expensive German drivers license?
Bill,

Only had it up to about 142-144 for about 10 min. Never hit the limiter, but I wasn't trying either. Traffic was a bit heavy and the hood flapping was scaring the "Bee-Geesus" out of me. The license for Military requires you to have a stateside license first and then pass a written and Europeon signs tests, that's it. We're not required to take the Extensive German test with 40+ hours driving in all areas.

Two other things I have realized lately (during my high speed sprints), is that when braking from 130 down to 80 in a very short time (ie; when an a-hole pulls out in front of you to pass somebody else), that the brakes are pretty weak and feel like they are on the verge of giving out and the front nose dips down more than I would prefer. If I'm going to do anymore high speed for an extended time, I'm really going to look into bigger/better brakes, better suspension/shocks and maybe some hood pins (not for show).

Not sure what Lidio's tune will do for me "Top-End wise" but will give her another run after the tune's installed.

Tom
Old 10/27/05, 05:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Okay guys,
I am the proud owner of a 05 GT Vert. I am running a C&L intake with 93 octane and Predator tuner. I am very happy with the power but have to wonder if I have the best out there. I read all this about Lidio and his tunes and am ready to buy SCT X2 with his tune. My question is simple. Does anyone know if Dialbo will come up with a similar tune??? I like the Predator because it will read the CEL's that appears once in a while. SCT X2 does not have that ability yet as far as I know. One day I am ready to sell the Predator and the next no way.. Is there am middle ground for us Auto guys???? I want to chirp my tires in 2nd and 3rd but I want to read the CEL's also. What to do????????

Scott
Old 10/27/05, 05:18 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 70MACH1OWNER@October 27, 2005, 6:17 PM
Okay guys,
I am the proud owner of a 05 GT Vert. I am running a C&L intake with 93 octane and Predator tuner. I am very happy with the power but have to wonder if I have the best out there. I read all this about Lidio and his tunes and am ready to buy SCT X2 with his tune. My question is simple. Does anyone know if Dialbo will come up with a similar tune??? I like the Predator because it will read the CEL's that appears once in a while. SCT X2 does not have that ability yet as far as I know. One day I am ready to sell the Predator and the next no way.. Is there am middle ground for us Auto guys???? I want to chirp my tires in 2nd and 3rd but I want to read the CEL's also. What to do????????
Scott
X-Cal2 will pull and clear CEL codes... It will also do datalogging (with your laptop).

and even my V6 will chirp the tires on 1-2 and 2-3 shifts with my tune from Lidio!
Old 10/27/05, 05:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by scrming@October 27, 2005, 5:21 PM
X-Cal2 will pull and clear CEL codes... It will also do datalogging (with your laptop).

and even my V6 will chirp the tires on 1-2 and 2-3 shifts with my tune from Lidio!

John,
Thanks for the info on SCT X@ pulling codes. I did not know that. Thanks!!!! But my main question is will Diablo support us auto guys.
Anyone in the know????
Scott
Old 10/27/05, 05:56 PM
FR500 Member

Diablo and SCT both "support" the automatic's equally. I'm starting to sound like a broken record.

The real difference is in the shops/people performing calibrations, NOT the product itself. They both have access to everything that the other has.

With that said, It IS true that there seems to be a lot more shops in the SCT camp willing to sell canned/semi custom tunes over the net/remotely than Diablo shops.

If you have access to a competant Diablo tuner in your area, there's no reason to switch. If you can't find one, then you probably will have better luck remotely with SCT.

One other key difference is that SCT does have over Diablo is if you're inclined to do your own tuning with a wideband, datalogging and some ingenuity, SCT has a racers package, where as Diablo doesn't......Yet.

I finally found my shop after interviewing a few, it took awhile, but just start going down the list provided on Diablo's website for your area and see what it turns up, and talk to them ALL, then decide if you need to switch.
Old 10/27/05, 06:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Mongoose@October 22, 2005, 2:16 AM
I am not that far from your time with the Predator now if I do my part correctly but my motor will just not burn the tires up which is good for hooking up but I believe the *^&%$#& torque management is shutting me down and I want to try something different. I have set up my auto to shift at around 6200 at WOT. Where is yours shifting?
i don't know. Don't have the file of my sct xcal2 tune so can't check.

This week end i will try 94 with the 93 tune. Hope to get my NBT, the last of the year before storing my mustang for winter.
Old 10/27/05, 07:05 PM
Cobra R Member

I guess the final solution is to own both and go from there if one owns an auto.
Old 10/27/05, 10:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here's another point to consider . . . . Opened up Diablo's website lately

I have been running a Predator tune, but have just recently ordered the SCT Xcal2.

Tom
Old 10/27/05, 11:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Wardog 07@October 27, 2005, 10:42 PM
Here's another point to consider . . . . Opened up Diablo's website lately

I have been running a Predator tune, but have just recently ordered the SCT Xcal2.

Tom
Looks like we both may have one of each. I rather have 800 tied up in something else. You said you wanted to replace the brakes and the brake builder is in Italy and you are on the right side of the big pond.
What Armt outfit are you the SM? That was a big job when I was in the service. SMs were top dogs and manage and took care of all the enlisted problems.
Old 10/27/05, 11:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Mongoose@October 28, 2005, 7:21 AM
Looks like we both may have one of each. I rather have 800 tied up in something else. You said you wanted to replace the brakes and the brake builder is in Italy and you are on the right side of the big pond.
What Armt outfit are you the SM? That was a big job when I was in the service. SMs were top dogs and manage and took care of all the enlisted problems.
I'm what they call a Staff Sergeant Major (SGM), same pay, but different duties. I specialize in one thing and usually work alone with no responsiblities of being in charge of Soldiers. Currently I manage the maintenance programs and Logistics of Helicopter operations (Aviation Brigade) in Germany.

The other type of E-9 is a Command Sergeant Major (CSM), they are in full blown leadership roles of a battalion size or higher unit, advise Commanders and Mentor the NCO's.

As I think back over the last 25 years, I think my hardest job was a "Buck Sergeant" (E-5). From there it got easier as I got more experienced.

Tom
Old 10/28/05, 06:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@October 27, 2005, 5:59 PM
Diablo and SCT both "support" the automatic's equally. I'm starting to sound like a broken record.

The real difference is in the shops/people performing calibrations, NOT the product itself. They both have access to everything that the other has.

With that said, It IS true that there seems to be a lot more shops in the SCT camp willing to sell canned/semi custom tunes over the net/remotely than Diablo shops.

If you have access to a competant Diablo tuner in your area, there's no reason to switch. If you can't find one, then you probably will have better luck remotely with SCT.

One other key difference is that SCT does have over Diablo is if you're inclined to do your own tuning with a wideband, datalogging and some ingenuity, SCT has a racers package, where as Diablo doesn't......Yet.

I finally found my shop after interviewing a few, it took awhile, but just start going down the list provided on Diablo's website for your area and see what it turns up, and talk to them ALL, then decide if you need to switch.

Sixty-Six,
Not sure I am in total agreement with you about the Diablo local tuner. I have 2 tuners within 50 miles that are Diablo guys and both tell me they have no knowledge about what to tweek in the sofware for the automatics. I also spoke to Diablo direct about a month ago and they said there were no plans at this time to provide any automatic tweeks. If Lidio has the knowledge to put a great automatic tune together and it happens to be with the SCT people than that will sway my decision. My experience todate with the Diablo guys in my area are they are worthless to me for any tweeks to my automatic.
Scott :bang:
Old 10/28/05, 11:08 AM
FR500 Member

That's too bad. That's what it really comes down to, if you can't get the local support you need, then I'd switch too (and almost did as well). Your particular tuners that you found just don't know what they're doing, or they don't have or don't want to spend the money for CMR update's to the current releases. OR they just don't want to deal with auto's.

I've found those very excuse's with shops down here as well. Out of the 10 or so listed on Diablo's site, I've only found 2 that seem to know what they're doing/want to deal with 05's/auto's, and one that promises to be outstanding and has actual experience with tuning auto's/torque management including a ground up replacement tune on a Saleen with an 8.5# pulley on an AUTO. (Hear that Don )

When I'm ready for my custom tune, I'll see for myself, but If I'm not happy, then I'll switch camps as well.
Old 10/28/05, 11:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

Burke, Did Your X-Cal2 Come In????
Old 10/28/05, 02:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I ordered an x-cal2/c&l combo from Lidio on Wednesday. Lidio spent about 30 minutes with me on the phone and answered every question I had about my automatic transmission. I'll be getting his 89 and 93 octane tunes. I can't wait!!!!! I'll post results next week I hope.
Old 10/28/05, 03:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@October 28, 2005, 11:11 AM
That's too bad. That's what it really comes down to, if you can't get the local support you need, then I'd switch too (and almost did as well). Your particular tuners that you found just don't know what they're doing, or they don't have or don't want to spend the money for CMR update's to the current releases. OR they just don't want to deal with auto's.

I've found those very excuse's with shops down here as well. Out of the 10 or so listed on Diablo's site, I've only found 2 that seem to know what they're doing/want to deal with 05's/auto's, and one that promises to be outstanding and has actual experience with tuning auto's/torque management including a ground up replacement tune on a Saleen with an 8.5# pulley on an AUTO. (Hear that Don )

When I'm ready for my custom tune, I'll see for myself, but If I'm not happy, then I'll switch camps as well.

Hey Sixty-Six,
I hope your local tuner works out for you. I believe the problem at the local level is not them but the Diablo people themselves. It seems my local guys get all of their imput or experience from info supplied by Diablo and have no interest in expanding on their own. Since Diablo does not want to buddy up to us auto guys , my local guys just shrug their shoulders. I have no interest in getting the last 1/2 hp from my car like some but I believe the drivability of the car might be improved greatly by Lidio's tune. I have never heard a single bad word about Lidio's tunes. I have also not read anything on this forum about anyone bragging about their Dialbo tuner giving them an auto tune like the ranting and raving I read about Lidio's tune. If I am wrong please correct me now or the Predator is going up for sale.
Scott
Old 10/28/05, 03:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by OKLACOP@October 28, 2005, 2:40 PM
I ordered an x-cal2/c&l combo from Lidio on Wednesday. Lidio spent about 30 minutes with me on the phone and answered every question I had about my automatic transmission. I'll be getting his 89 and 93 octane tunes. I can't wait!!!!! I'll post results next week I hope.
I don't see how he is able to do dyno runs because he is so busy answering our questions.
The problem with the predator seems to be no experienced tuners on the Mustang. There may be one every five hundred miles or so but that is just out of reach for the majority of the end users.
DS (predator) seems to have no requirement that their dealers know how to use the equipment. Why should we have to pay for their training and pay the consequences when they screw up? Yes, it did happen to me last year.
Fortunately I have the time to what I call adjust and test Making changes then data log and it has been a long and slow process because I do not live in a rural area and have to drive to testing sight and keep eyes wide open for the FUZZ.
I have yet to see any tuners in California make themselves known. Florida or Alabama is just too far from me and Lidio is nine hours away but he supports his customers. I am truly thankful for this forum and its huge mass of information. Without it myself as well as others would be dead in the water.
Old 10/28/05, 07:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by tmcolegr@October 20, 2005, 4:35 AM
I agree with Dan. Not to knock SCT or any custom tuner but I have a Predator and Custom Tune from Scott Beer and couldn't be happier. I truly believe it is the person behind the tune and not any specific tuner. I believe part of the lack of performance some may be experiencing with the Predator is because they are using a canned tune or they may not have local tuner that is experienced using the Predator.

Do you have an auto or manual?

Quick Reply: Automatics! There is hope !