GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Anyone have the Granatelli single strut tower brace?

Search this Thread

Old 8/30/06, 08:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AFChief
Is the problem with the studs width or length?
The problem was with the width of the studs. Not a major problem. It's a tight fit, but it does work.
Old 8/30/06, 09:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 1200custom
The problem was with the width of the studs. Not a major problem. It's a tight fit, but it does work.
Cool. Thanks.
Old 8/30/06, 10:54 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SoFL05GT
My new STB arrived today, damaged! During transit, the bar poked through each end of the box. UPS must have been really rough to bend the flange on one of the ends. Now waiting for UPS to pickup the damaged package, supposedly tomorrow. Granatelli will ship a new one once the pickup is confirmed by UPS.
Sorry to hear about this problem - who did you speak with at GMS
Old 8/30/06, 10:58 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by karman
I was not impressed by the Granatelli packaging. Mine came in 2 boxes that had been cobbled together. Nothing bent, but the brace had worn through the plastic bag inside on the ends.
Hey, they only charged me twice the shipping anyone else was asking. Oh yeah, and $53 more for the brace than anyone who order 2 weeks later.
I am confused - As you saying you paid $103.00 for the brace plus shipping?

We don't kill guys on freight - UPS charges extra for residential and they charge extra for dementional weight. Even thought the box is light they charge extra because "they claim" it takes up more space in the truck because it is long and skinny vs. perfectly square
Old 8/30/06, 11:26 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm sure UPS rides each package on route to it's destination. I haven't had a UPS package delivered YET that hasn't had been dinged/banged a hole or looked like some 300+ pound guy sat on it and ate lunch.

As for the cover, if you need additional clearance (which I did with my strange bar) here's what I posted.

Take the cover, remove the two rubber grommets from the side mounts. Slip the cover on and then put the rubber grommets over top of the side studs and push them down firmly. This will suck the cover right over top of the intake and give near a 1/4" clearance right there. It stays in place and you can stick the wire clips back on those studs and off you go. I think there is some pics on the forums here of my install, I can't recall I'm on so many Mustang Forums, heh.
Old 8/30/06, 08:13 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Granatelli
I am confused - As you saying you paid $103.00 for the brace plus shipping?

We don't kill guys on freight - UPS charges extra for residential and they charge extra for dementional weight. Even thought the box is light they charge extra because "they claim" it takes up more space in the truck because it is long and skinny vs. perfectly square
$99 + $53 + $25 =$177 for a brace that 2 weeks later he is charging everyone $99 plus shipping for. After I asked question after question from him and he knew I was interested, he lowered the price 33% right after I bought it.
The shipping was at least double what anyone else was asking.

STILL CONFUSED ?
Old 8/30/06, 08:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Sorry to hear about this problem - who did you speak with at GMS
Joe, I spoke to Jack in Shipping. Explained to him that I had reported a damage claim with UPS. Jack advised that I should call him again, if I didn't hear from anyone by Thursday. BTW, UPS didn't come pickup the damaged goods today, so I called them. UPS says that they have notified the Shipper (Granatelli). Also, UPS nows tells me that I need to just hold onto the damaged goods for at least 5 business days. During this period, UPS may schedule a pickup or maybe not. After 5 days, they say I can do what I want with the goods. Steve
Old 8/30/06, 10:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SoFL05GT
Joe, I spoke to Jack in Shipping. Explained to him that I had reported a damage claim with UPS. Jack advised that I should call him again, if I didn't hear from anyone by Thursday. BTW, UPS didn't come pickup the damaged goods today, so I called them. UPS says that they have notified the Shipper (Granatelli). Also, UPS nows tells me that I need to just hold onto the damaged goods for at least 5 business days. During this period, UPS may schedule a pickup or maybe not. After 5 days, they say I can do what I want with the goods. Steve
Geez.. what a PITA. I hope it gets resolved quickly for you.

Three times so far I've received damaged goods, and in all instances the companies I bought the stuff from immediately sent me new parts... even before I sent the damaged parts back. I'm sure glad I didn't have to deal with you're going through.
Old 8/31/06, 08:34 AM
Former Vendor

$99 + $53 + $25 =$177 for a brace that 2 weeks later he is charging everyone $99 plus shipping for. After I asked question after question from him and he knew I was interested, he lowered the price 33% right after I bought it.
The shipping was at least double what anyone else was asking.

STILL CONFUSED ?
You keep saying, "he did this and he did that". If you would communicate a little better i might be able to help you. I can't help with shipping that is a UPS thing. I think I did an OK job of expalining UPS's policy on width and girth Vs. actual weight Vs. dimensional weight

I will offer you a $49.00 credit towards more GMS stuff adn I will pay freight this time but not on boxes over 50lbs. We can split that - that is as fair as I can be.
Old 8/31/06, 10:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1200custom
The fuel rail fix worked out great, gave me more clearance than I thought it would. The only problem was getting the studs through the rear grommets of the cover, but they did barely fit. Not a bad deal for 50 bucks.
I popped the grommets out of the cover, it went on alot easier that way, and its held down just fine without them
Old 8/31/06, 04:15 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
You keep saying, "he did this and he did that". If you would communicate a little better i might be able to help you. I can't help with shipping that is a UPS thing. I think I did an OK job of expalining UPS's policy on width and girth Vs. actual weight Vs. dimensional weight

I will offer you a $49.00 credit towards more GMS stuff adn I will pay freight this time but not on boxes over 50lbs. We can split that - that is as fair as I can be.
Yes, that is a very fair offer and thank you very much.
After dropping the daughter off at college this week, I have to rethink my budget before buying anything besides gas for my car.
How long will that offer be good for?
Old 8/31/06, 05:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Quote below:SoFLO5GT
My new STB arrived today, damaged! During transit, the bar poked through each end of the box. UPS must have been really rough to bend the flange on one of the ends. Now waiting for UPS to pickup the damaged package, supposedly tomorrow. Granatelli will ship a new one once the pickup is confirmed by UPS.

My input:ARBO
I had the same issue with damage. All I can say is JR and the Granatelli team are #1 in my book for customer service. They take care of the customer. Great job Granatelli and thanks
Old 9/1/06, 07:13 AM
Former Vendor

Yes, that is a very fair offer and thank you very much.
After dropping the daughter off at college this week, I have to rethink my budget before buying anything besides gas for my car.
How long will that offer be good for?
6 Months? - that seems fair